Gas prices $5 a gallon soon? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
These days, gas prices are on the rise. But this time, as a result of the war in Ukraine and the US and European efforts to cut off all Russian oil, prices have risen way past $4 a gallon with prices in California ranging from $6 to $7 a gallon. Even before the Russians invaded Ukraine, gas prices are on the rise anyway. Last month, gas prices fell by around 20 cents from their record highs and now they are breaking records everyday! Even as Biden has used the oil reserves to try to lower gas prices. It haven't worked! Now experts are suggesting that these prices across the nation could easily break $5 a gallon by next month if these increases keep up.

These are all blamed on Putin and his war against Ukraine. But these actions that caused inflation and pain at the pump are also caused by Biden's energy secretary, Jennifer Granholm. That woman who used to be governor of Michigan doesn't have a clue on how to lower prices. She is probably one of the worst energy secretary this country has ever had! Biden even made a mistake by banning oil drilling and shutting down Keystone Pipeline as soon as he took office. Now, we are suffering the consequences because of the war and Biden's actions, especially his energy secretary. If this keeps up, soon California will be seeing gas at $10 a gallon and the rest of the country could average around $6/gal by year's end or next year. And the economy will crash.
The highest gas prices in USA are not $6 or $7. It is $5.24 in Hawaii and CA.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... tes%20face,)%20and%20Washington%20(%244.65).

People in other countries are already paying over $5/gal.

The US economy is not going to crash. That's fear-mongering. Can you post a source for this information?

Try posting some facts, and a source with your posts. Posting false information isn't a good start.

I can also see that this is just another American trying to blame Biden for everything, when gas prices are mostly to blame. The price of oil is around $1.05 USD/barrel.
https://oilprice.com/

The price per gallon is about $4.75/gal in Thailand and $5.40/gal in Canada. Explain that before trying to blame Biden for high gas prices. Biden does not affect WORLDWIDE gas prices, but here you are implying that. :eh:
BlutoSays wrote:Godstud - STFU, you idiotic rambling apologist.
Are you so fundamentally daft that you don't understand that Biden doesn't control worldwide gas prices?

Grow up. You post like a child, which is why another posted asked how old you were.

You want to blame everything on Biden even if it's got nothing to do with him. It's childish and just plain ridiculous.
Godstud wrote:The highest gas prices in USA are not $6 or $7. It is $5.24 in Hawaii and CA.
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states ... tes%20face,)%20and%20Washington%20(%244.65).

People in other countries are already paying over $5/gal.

The US economy is not going to crash. That's fear-mongering. Can you post a source for this information?

Try posting some facts, and a source with your posts. Posting false information isn't a good start.

I can also see that this is just another American trying to blame Biden for everything, when gas prices are mostly to blame. The price of oil is around $1.05 USD/barrel.
https://oilprice.com/

The price per gallon is about $4.75/gal in Thailand and $5.40/gal in Canada. Explain that before trying to blame Biden for high gas prices. Biden does not affect WORLDWIDE gas prices, but here you are implying that. :eh:

People in Yurrip have been paying 1.50 - 2.00 euros per liter for decades. And what we're we paying for gasoline over here during that same time? Who GAS what the Europeans pay?

Who attacked oil production and refining with his idiotic executive orders and ivory tower proclamations? The geriatric and always entertaining (but forgetful) Robinette.

Oil is not $1.05 per barrel, you ignorant leftist (redundant).
I linked the price of a barrel of oil and I made an error, which was linked if you checked it out. $105 per barrel. I made a typo, which was quite evident.

The price of gas is a worldwide phenomenon. It's gone up 33%, in most countries in the world, including the USA.

Your constant attacks on Biden are childish and easily shown to be so. American employment is excellent. The GDP is excellent.

The American Economy And The ‘Biden Boom’
https://www.forbes.com/sites/richardmcg ... 2b0ce433e4

Learn to spell, too. It's spelled 'Europe'. More evidence of a poor American education system, I guess.
BlutoSays wrote:AWKWARD

Not at all.

You really are incapable on joingg even basic dots together, but even it was all coal it's still less emissions than burning petrol in the car.

US is about 20% renewables, 20% nuclear and 60% fossil fuels. But it will be increasingly renewables they just cheaper.

Depends what powering the Grid. It is actually cheaper to use renewables now, if the US is not it just due to crony capitalism at work,.
BlutoSays wrote:People in Yurrip have been paying 1.50 - 2.00 euros per liter for decades. And what we're we paying for gasoline over here during that same time? Who GAS what the Europeans pay?

Who attacked oil production and refining with his idiotic executive orders and ivory tower proclamations? The geriatric and always entertaining (but forgetful) Robinette.

Oil is not $1.05 per barrel, you ignorant leftist (redundant).

The Cost of producing Oil has not gone up.

Any increase in price is solely due to Capitalism, Market "forces".
BlutoSays wrote:Image

What are you contesting. If you replay some sort of actual conversation, replay , argument would help.Irrelevant memes is not an argument.

Correlation not causation,

Teh Bulk of US oil is domestic in orgin. There has not been a massive raise in the cost of production, it's just capitalist making huge profits.

These price rises are not driven by costs, They are capitalist in nature,
Trump's a fascist and doesn't believe in Democracy. Which is worse?

His incompetence and ignorance surpass that even of Biden.

It's sad that Americans had only 2 choices and they simply chose the lesser of the two evils in the last election. You need something more in the next one, or you're going to remain in a loop of Idiocracy.
What? Trump again? LOLOLOL - BACK TO THE SUBJECT AT HAND. $5 gasoline and the man at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue TODAY (or is Sleepy Joe in Delaware again).
Trump's still around, in case you have been living in a cave, and were ignorant of this fact. He has plans to run in the next election in USA. He recently lost to Biden in the last election.

You were, and are, a Trump-cultist. You think I forget that? :lol:

Gas prices all over the world are extremely high. Biden does not control the world gas prices. Your assumption is foolish.
BlutoSays wrote:Joe Biden is not a capitalist, doesn't believe in capitalism and never has. He's incompetent and has worked in .gov his whole f'n life and it shows.

I'd like Biden more if he didn't believe in capitalism, but that he doesn't is an unfortunate lie.

Gas is more than 5 dollars where I live, which is a problem in rural communities where the only way to get somewhere is drive.

It's approaching 6 dollars at some places.

I need to get the fuck back out of here.

You spend an hour of your time and an hour of work simply commuting.

If only Biden truly was an anti-capitalist communist everything would be better.

Just joking but the price of gas is a real kick in the nuts.
Godstud wrote:Trump's still around, in case you have been living in a cave, and were ignorant of this fact. He has plans to run in the next election in USA. He recently lost to Biden in the last election.

You were, and are, a Trump-cultist. You think I forget that? :lol:

Gas prices all over the world are extremely high. Biden does not control the world gas prices. Your assumption is foolish.

Oh, I'm not a Trump cultist. Not by far. He had great policies, but in the end, I'm plain old anti-DNC, anti-progressive, anti-leftist. It's really that simple.

Any Republican who isn't a RINO is better than any democrat or RINO.

Don't ascribe "assumptions" to me. That's Biden ON CAMERA stating what he was going to do to kill fossil fuels. EMBRACE IT. You wanted it, MF. You got it. Don't blame anyone but your leftist selves. Fact is, shortages and price hikes are Biden & Company's doing. No one else's. Time to own it, not say you want it really bad and then when the SHTF and second and third order consequences take place, blame others for the outcomes.

We are living leftist policy failures today. One after another after another.
USA does not determine the world prices for oil and since the WORLD is having the same problems with high prices as USA, this undermines your foolish assertion that Biden is responsible for high US gas prices. It makes no sense.

2019. The price of oil was $64/barrel.
2022. Oil prices are $120/barrel.

Capitalism. Supply and demand.

Why are you so anti-Capitalist?

@BlutoSays You're a liar. You supported Trump the whole time he was in power. He could do no wrong, in your eyes.
@BlutoSays If you want to blame anyone for high gas prices, take a look at OPEC. How do you like them apples? And OPEC has many members, 13 member countries.

OPEC was founded in 1960 to coordinate the petroleum policies of its members and to provide member states with technical and economic aid.1 OPEC is a cartel that aims to manage the supply of oil in an effort to set the price of oil on the world market, in order to avoid fluctuations that might affect the economies of both producing and purchasing countries.

https://www.investopedia.com/terms/o/opec.asp

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

Great german commentary: https://www.nachdenkseit[…]

Hmm. I took it a second time and changes three ans[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]