Nicaragua authorizes entry of Russian troops, planes, ships - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

The government of Nicaraguan President Daniel Ortega has authorized Russian troops, planes and ships to deploy to Nicaragua for purposes of training, law enforcement or emergency response.

In a decree published this week, and confirmed by Russia on Thursday, Ortega will allow Russian troops to carry out law enforcement duties, “humanitarian aid, rescue and search missions in emergencies or natural disasters.”

The Nicaraguan government also authorized the presence of small contingents of Russian troops for “exchange of experiences and training.”

Russia’s foreign ministry spokeswoman, Maria Zakharova, told the Russian news outlet Sputnik that the measure was “routine.”

https://apnews.com/article/russia-ukrai ... e2b634f130

But muh monroe doktrin
Saeko wrote:It is time to start a special military operation to de-nazify Nicaragua.

The only nazis that were in Nicaragua were backed by the USA. Ortega is a Sandinista front guy who never learned to let go of power. Something Donald J. Trump had and no one in the world decided to bomb DC out of the world because they had a dude who did not know how to let go of power. :lol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anastasio ... uly%201979.

Stop playing pawn games with small countries because you want to control the world. That is the issue with Putin Saeko. He thinks he has a right to control the neighboring nations around him.

The US government also thinks of Nicaragua, Panama, all of Central America, the Caribbean islands, Mexico, South America as their backyard. They need to start dialog of mutual respect and mutually beneficially commercial, and financial and labor and social relationships that are good for both sides. Putin can't do it because he has the illness of "I want to control it all. Not compromise or negotiate. I must be an autocrat and the nations without nukes, and big ass guns got to comply God damnit!"

They take their cue from the USA's gunboat diplomacy and tactics in Latin America. They also take their cue from the PRC wanting to control absolutely the movements and identities of all of their people within their megacities. It is a failed stance. It is expensive, destructive and counterproductive.

I resent also people calling nations with very nice and hardworking people shitholes simply because they are poor. Have you met Nicaraguans in your life and talked to them about their communities, cities, dreams and aspirations? I have. The biggest Nicaraguan communities are in three cities outside of Nicaragua and within the USA. Washington DC, Los Angeles and San Franisco. Did you know that?

I like what Salman Rushdie wrote about his trip to Nicaragua in his books with observations about the country entitled [i]The Jaguar Smiles.[/i] Also one of the greatest writers and poets in all of Latin American literature is a Nicaraguan his name is Ruben Dario his book is entitled Azul.

There is nothing shithole about Nicaraguans at all. They are a tiny nation that lived through dictatorships, invasions, civil wars and constant pressure to just give in. They don't. They keep fighting. Why? They are about only 2 million people and could have a better quality of life by just letting the US government control it all. But they don't. Why? That is the question no one asks them.
Last edited by Tainari88 on 11 Jun 2022 16:46, edited 1 time in total.
Saeko wrote:So there are nazis in Nicaragua. :eek:

I didn't even know!

Lol. The Nazis were the oligarchs in Nicaragua like Somoza. I put in the link for him for you to read about "Tachito". The Chamorros and the Portacarreros were also very powerful elite families in Nicaragua. They owned huge tracts of land. Latifundios they are called in Spanish.

Do you know who was a Nicaraguan elitist who got a British education? This woman the actress. Barbara Carrera...she changed it to shorten it. But she came from the elite in Nicaragua. Her family had owned vast wealth there. It was one of the most unequal distribution of wealth nations in Central America Saeko.

The problem long ago was that the US government wanted to use Nicaragua for their original Panama Canal. So they could build a shortcut from the East Coast shipping lanes to the West Coast without having to traverse all of the South American Tierra del Fuego. Nicaragua was ideal. But they ruined their plans by having the audacity to want independence and to determine their own rules and laws. The 'liberator' guy was a Christian peasant by the name of Sandino. He was lured to a meeting by the opposition to settle their differences and was killed. It did not kill off the cry for independence in Nicaragua and the fight was fierce. The US government plans for the Nicaragua canal was discarded and they went to look at Colombia that controlled Panama. Colombia was part of Panama. Panama belonged to Colombia and the US promised them independence and wealth and freedom. It was a hoax. The same as with Puerto Rico. They just wanted to control Panama and they knew Colombia is a large nation and the fight would be worse than with the Sandino situation in Nicaragua. So they did a civil war type situation to gain access to Panama.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anastasio ... uly%201979.
Tainari88 wrote:Ortega is a Sandinista front guy who never learned to let go of power. Something Donald J. Trump had and no one in the world decided to bomb DC out of the world because they had a dude who did not know how to let go of power. :lol:

Trump throwing a little tantrum doesn't change the fact that he left office on time like every other president before him. If he didn't, I totally would have approved of "the world" bombing the white house :lol:.

Tainari88 wrote:They are about only 2 million people and could have a better quality of life by just letting the US government control it all. But they don't. Why? That is the question no one asks them.

If Nicaragua could become the 51st state of the US, or even only get a status like Puerto Rico, would Nicaraguans choose to do so?
Saeko wrote:It is time to start a special military operation to de-nazify Nicaragua.

Russia is certainly a Nazi regime.

That said, the US should do nothing. Probably better to just improve relations with all of Nicaragua neighbors, and I don't mean posting up military installations there either./
Rugoz wrote:Trump throwing a little tantrum doesn't change the fact that he left office on time like every other president before him. If he didn't, I totally would have approved of "the world" bombing the white house :lol:.

If Nicaragua could become the 51st state of the US, or even only get a status like Puerto Rico, would Nicaraguans choose to do so?

This is what I am talking about Rugoz. Not really understanding context of the pawn nations in this chess game from the Cold War on. In fact, the Unaligned nations in the UN discuss these issues in depth. No one wants to be a pawn between a fight for the power of the control of the entire globe. It is what James Bond movie themes are about. Megalomaniacs with false ideas of cutting up the world in pieces like a pie.

Puerto Rico for your information is getting increasingly pissed off. Why? Because the US gov't doesn't want to let go of control or negotiate to something of mutual respectful benefit. They are bullies and it is normal for superpowers and very powerful nations to abuse their power. But human history is filled with the downfall of hated Empires. I won't get into it now....but in archaeology that is what is studied. The reasons why an empire loses all power and huge urban cities are abandoned when the elite have overextended themselves with multiple wars, they create enemies of their neighbors with their endless unjust demands for tribute, land, labor and enslavement and impositions of colonialism from afar. Absentee landlords. That is the history of Europe in the Americas. Wanting to dominate from afar. It doesn't work. But you got these assholes who continue to want to control shit and not think about the needs of the others. Why don't they do this? The inability to put themselves in the shoes of the other party? Because arrogant ego filled politicians who control the decisions in policy won't allow it.

People need to stop voting in asshole politicians and make sure the people in charge are competent, well educated and historically literate on the nations they are negotiating with and use every possible tool to resolve issues that are in dispute. You don't abuse power and humiliate your neighbors and expect them to be loyal to your stupid self. They will backstab you with the Russians or the Chinese. Why not? You did not give a shit about them.

Puerto Rico's independence movement is gaining steam. Why? Because the US gov't sits on its ass an doesn't forgive the debt, doesn't fix the blue tarp rooves and hurricane season is coming, doesn't get rid of crony capitalism contracts like Luma with the electrical grid repair in Puerto Rico, they don't give us voting rights and they don't intend to make us a state or an independent nation. They want us as powerless puppets and if we don't like their reign? Pack your bags and go to Illinois or New York, Florida, etc. LEAVE YOUR COUNTRY.

That is not a solution Rugoz. Because it might sound incredulous to you but people really love being Puerto Rican, Nicaraguan, Panamanian, Colombian, etc. they like their languages, their culture, their lands, and their families. They share a common history together and their lifelong friendships are worth fighting for.

Why is it that you can understand that fact when it comes to Ukraine and Ukrainians? But you won't extend that fact to the Latin Americans? Because we are shitholes and worthless? And you dare to call yourselves fighters of justice and not believe in racism?

Think about it @Rugoz
Rancid wrote:Russia is certainly a Nazi regime.

That said, the US should do nothing. Probably better to just improve relations with all of Nicaragua neighbors, and I don't mean posting up military installations there either./

Andrew Yang would have done that. But we are not talking about your common sense candidate Rancid. We are talking about those two parties not getting anything accomplished with gridlock, incompetence, and bullshit that never works.

No it doesn't. Nazis killed 30 Frenchmen fo[…]

The Donbas fortifications have been incredibly su[…]

@litwin is clearly an Alex Jones type conspir[…]

It is true that the Hindu's gave us nothing. But […]