Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 303 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15234805
Beren wrote:Behind the scenes they've already conceded some territory in Eastern Ukraine in exchange for EU candidate status, to which Putin must have consented, that's why it could go so smoothly and not even Orbán opposed it at all.
See? ;)

If this turns out to be true you're gonna see a very happy man out of me. Anything that brings us one step closer to peace is a good thing in my book.

On the other hand I just don't trust Russia anymore. Most of them think just like Igor thinks, as in a mediaeval mentality hell-bent on invasions and conquests because they're incapable of doing anything else. Pure caveman mentality.

But here's to hoping...
#15234816
Szabo wrote:If this turns out to be true you're gonna see a very happy man out of me. Anything that brings us one step closer to peace is a good thing in my book.

On the other hand I just don't trust Russia anymore. Most of them think just like Igor thinks, as in a mediaeval mentality hell-bent on invasions and conquests because they're incapable of doing anything else. Pure caveman mentality.

But here's to hoping...

Nobody's interested in the hot war in Ukraine going on for much longer. Putin failed to overthrow the Ukrainian government while Ukraine still stands and keeps effectively resisting and making sacrifices, whereas Ukraine has to give up some land in Eastern Ukraine anyway, so there's not much for either side to win with warring each other for longer.
#15234884
Russia has commited last of its trained re-recruited manpower reserves which includes the trainers that should be training people. After 2-3 weeks it will only be downhill for Russia.

Not sure why they decided to sacrifice 40-60 year old veterans of the past for this but heck, its Russia. Also I am not sure how will they train more people to any degree if they are going to loose their trainers now and in the following 2-3 weeks.
#15234887
Igor Antunov wrote:The Armed Force of Ukraine will attempt another victorious retreat today
Image

How will Russia ever recover?

To sum up the month as june is coming to a close;

This month's Great Ukrainian Victories are sinking a tugboat, bombing an empty island, flying a $5,000 alibaba drone with 20kg of explosives strapped to it (yes look it up) into an oil refinery, and murdering a volleyball coach, who was one of their countrymen.

Clearly Russia stands no chance. The cities and towns they captured, the thousands of casualties and captured they inflicted on UA, this is all for naught in the face of these winning Ukrainian achievements.


So it took 3 months to take Severodonetsk and like Mariupol it served its purpose of holding back the advances and chewing through Russian units. With last trained reserves committed, what will Russia do next? These reserve will deplete faster than the previous one since it is mostly comprised of 40-60 year old veterans.
User avatar
By Wels
#15234897
Kremlin planning terrorist attack on Mozyr to draw Belarus into the war
(information from British and UA intelligence)

"The Russian Federation will attempt to draw Belarus into the armed conflict with Ukraine by conducting a series of provocations targeting [Belarusian - ed.] infrastructure and the civilian population.
Sabotage groups disguised as civilians have arrived in the city of Mozyr in order to carry out these provocations. [...]
Russia’s military intelligence agency (GRU) is planning to conduct a series of artillery and missile strikes on the Mozyr Oil Refinery, as well as civilian infrastructure and residential buildings. The attacks will be accompanied by explosions in residential buildings, hospitals and schools."


Would be just like Russia did in the Donbas.
If there's one country who's expert in false flag operations it is Russia.

https://www.pravda.com.ua/eng/news/2022/06/24/7354451/

So if this is true i do not think this war will end anytime soon.
Bt i would like to see more evidence before believing it.. Ukrainians are prepared to sacrifice their lives for freedom. Russian soldiers are only there for the money, most are from the poorest parts of the russian federation.

I just wonder why anyone wold prefer to live in a russian-reigned country, if there is any alternative. It is not communist, it is not democratic, it is just an autocrate with a poor country, damaging it since decades with his corrupt cleptocracy.
is it to be able to loot a foreign country, to get toilets and any luxury stuff?
Is it something religious, like "please punish me for my evil deeds and make me live in some dictator-ruled sh!thole"? :roll:
Last edited by Wels on 24 Jun 2022 18:21, edited 3 times in total.
User avatar
By Beren
#15234906
JohnRawls wrote:So it took 3 months to take Severodonetsk

It wasn't taken, it was given up.

JohnRawls wrote:what will Russia do next?

Make peace with Ukraine.

Rancid wrote:Which land?

Donbas land.
User avatar
By Beren
#15234911
Rancid wrote:You are suggesting this war is almost over. Do you agree?

In my opinion it'll be over during the summer.

Rancid wrote:What about the land bridge?

If Kherson Oblast returns to Ukraine, then keeping the Azov coast wouldn't be that much reasonable for Russia. There'll be referendums perhaps.
#15234915
Beren wrote:In my opinion it'll be over during the summer.


If Kherson Oblast returns to Ukraine, then keeping the Azov coast wouldn't be that much reasonable for Russia. There'll be referendums perhaps.


I know no one gives a shit about the UN, but what about this hypothetical situation. Under the UN, this would be illegal since it's land taken without consent, but under threat (for example, a contract you sign with a gun pointed to your head is considered invalid). Basically, forcing Ukraine to concede land under duress is illegal. If this were to happen anyway, does the UN basically just accept it as the new normal? Let's go 10-20-30 years into the future now. If Ukraine starts invading the Donbas to take it back as some sort of historical grievance about what happened in 2022 now be considered an illegal war by the UN?
Last edited by Rancid on 24 Jun 2022 19:41, edited 1 time in total.
#15234920
Rancid wrote:I know no one gives a shit about the UN, but what about this hypothetical situation. Under the UN, this would be illegal since it's land taken with consent, but under threat (for example, a contract you sign with a gun pointed to your head is considered invalid). Basically, forcing Ukraine to concede land under duress is illegal. If this were to happen anyway, does the UN basically just accept it as the new normal? Let's go 10-20-30 years into the future now. If Ukraine starts invading the Donbas to take it back as some sort of historical grievance about what happened in 2022 now be considered an illegal war by the UN?


You mean, something like NATO did with Kosovo?

Well, let's see what Putin is going to exploit of your idiocies again.
User avatar
By Wels
#15234926
Russia targeted Ukrainian ammunition to weaken Kyiv on the battlefield

"Russia is firing more than 60,000 shells per day — 10 times more than the Ukrainians, Deputy Defense Minister Hanna Malyar told The Washington Post."

Donbas will never recover again from this.

"In 2014, after Russia first invaded Ukraine and fueled a separatist war in the country’s east, members of the elite Russian military intelligence unit 29155 sabotaged ammunition stored at depots in the Czech Republic, according to Czech authorities."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... artillery/
#15234946
Beren wrote:It wasn't taken, it was given up.


Make peace with Ukraine.


Donbas land.


Ukraine doesn't want to negotiate so peace is not an option for now.

As for Severodonetsk being taken or being surrendered is redundant discussion.
#15234947
Wels wrote:Russia targeted Ukrainian ammunition to weaken Kyiv on the battlefield

"Russia is firing more than 60,000 shells per day — 10 times more than the Ukrainians, Deputy Defense Minister Hanna Malyar told The Washington Post."

Donbas will never recover again from this.

"In 2014, after Russia first invaded Ukraine and fueled a separatist war in the country’s east, members of the elite Russian military intelligence unit 29155 sabotaged ammunition stored at depots in the Czech Republic, according to Czech authorities."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/20 ... artillery/


There are low-key signes that Russia is running out of ammo.
#15234977
Rancid wrote:What are these signs?


They are importing it in to Russia from Belarus.
User avatar
By Rancid
#15234978
JohnRawls wrote:
They are importing it in to Russia from Belarus.


You mean they are using Belarus munitions?

It's time to invade Belarus and liberate them from that shitty ass dictator of theirs. Now is the time to strike.
#15234980
Rancid wrote:You mean they are using Belarus munitions?

It's time to invade Belarus and liberate them from that shitty ass dictator of theirs. Now is the time to strike.


By the looks of it. This doesn't mean that they are out of ammo but it definately means that most supplies in close proximity have been depleted. You don't ask your ally near a war zone to disarm and give you ammo if you don't really need it.

But these firewall tactics that they use to level cities do expend insane amount of artilery and rocket ammunition.
User avatar
By Rancid
#15235000
JohnRawls wrote:
By the looks of it. This doesn't mean that they are out of ammo but it definately means that most supplies in close proximity have been depleted. You don't ask your ally near a war zone to disarm and give you ammo if you don't really need it.

But these firewall tactics that they use to level cities do expend insane amount of artilery and rocket ammunition.


Right, so it could be non-issue for Russia. Meaning, they get munitions of Belarus and then back fill them with munitions from deeper within Russia and its factories.

When do you think Russia will start conscripting children in Donetsk (sp?) and Luhansk (sp?)
  • 1
  • 301
  • 302
  • 303
  • 304
  • 305
  • 364

The NATO could supply weapons so Ukraine wins the […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

It's not poor. I lacks offensive capabilities bec[…]

yes a Lunatic , like all servs, to be a Moscow al[…]

CBO report does not say Inflation Reduction Act […]