Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 304 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15235016
Rancid wrote:Maybe if there's genocide and mass rape included.


What's your whining all about then?! All this time...

All that was included in Donbass and committed by Kiev regime in the same amount like it was in Kosovo, maybe more....
#15235044
Gains are not linear. They mushroom. Events are again moving too fast to follow in real time:

3 Ukrainian cities are about to fall today, with another, being encircled. 3,000 ukrainian troops have died/been wounded in last 48 hours, 800 captured. And now another encirclement;

Up to 2,000 troops blocked in Gorsky cauldron, including 1,800 military, 120 Right Sector militants, up to 80 foreign mercenaries - Russian Defense Ministry


Up to 8,000 more under direct threat of encirclement. This is a dramatic defeat for Kiev. Russia will be able to swarm many donets territories after the capture of Severodonetsk, Gorsky and Zolotoy. And now Lisichansk is on the chopping block.

Update:
About 600 Ukrainian militants, including some wounded, surrendered to the allied forces near Lisichansk, Vitaly Kiselev, Assistant Minister of the Interior of the Luhansk People's Republic


The mercs are mostly Americans and Canadians.


Latest encirclement
Image

The futility of the situation:
Image
Russia has an "overwhelming" advantage in the war in Ukraine - Lieutenant Colonel Daniel Davis on Fox News

“There is no rational reason to hope that the war can turn around, because Russia is methodically moving forward and destroying the Ukrainian armed forces in the Donbas, not just seizing territory, but destroying their ability to defend the country anywhere else. And even the total sum of all the weapons that we promised to provide much less - it is hardly a tenth of what would be the minimum necessary. And if you look only at these two things, then there is no rational path to victory for Ukraine." - Davis said in one of the most popular programs "Jesse Watters Primetime"



Groups of captured ukrainians;


#15235046
Independent_Srpska wrote:It was. Just like it was in Kosovo.


Kosovo Albanians don't want to be ruled by Serbia under any circumstances.

People of Donbas don't want to be "liberated" by fucking Russia.

Facts.
#15235058
Rugoz wrote:Kosovo Albanians don't want to be ruled by Serbia under any circumstances.

People of Donbas don't want to be "liberated" by fucking Russia.

Facts.


Nonsense. Facts.

However, Dude, the NATO made colossal idiocy with animalistic bombing of Serbia and Montenegro, and with the illegal grab of Serbian province of Kosovo.
The NATO idiots sent out the message:"Unless you have nuclear bombs to stop us and our imperialism we are coming for you"...Putin heard it (and he exploit your idiocy masterfully around the world), Kim Jong heard it, Iran heard it, China heard it very well after NATO idiots attacked Chinese embassy...
So, now - it's time for you to swallow your own sh*t, my dear NATO idiots. Russia is not Yemen or Syria or Arab spring or Maydan stage...

Russia obviously have enough numb-nuts like yourself or @Rancid or @Drlee to send out message that your NATO idiocy must be contained and it will not be unpunished any longer.

London will be first to be bombed in World War Three, says Russian TV propagandist as he rails against West and claims 'it's clear the threat to the world comes from the Anglo-Saxons'
#15235063
Independent_Srpska wrote:Nonsense. Facts.


Facts. I have provided the polls before.

The only thing Russia can export is tyrannical rule, since it has no experience of anything else.
#15235069
Igor Antunov wrote:Up to 8,000 more under direct threat of encirclement. This is a dramatic defeat for Kiev. Russia will be able to swarm many donets territories after the capture of Severodonetsk, Gorsky and Zolotoy. And now Lisichansk is on the chopping block.


The American Lieutenant is right. It is so much easier to defend territory than it is to retake it back. I don't know if it is Zelensky or some leader from the West that is pumping his head with stupid ideas of "Ukrainian Victory", but it seems to me the biggest mistake in the war was weltching on a peace deal that was all but complete because Russia rolled back their offensive towards Kiev. Once Ukraine is pushed out of Donbass, it is going to be fortified up and then that is it for Donbass being back under Ukraine control because it is then up to Ukraine to be on the offensive not the other way round. The irony is that even now, when it should be obvious to anyone who can see what is happening that Russia is about to take the whole of Donbass in the next month or so, that if some form of compromise and power sharing (The Minsk agreement) was offered up, that Russia may well accept that and end the conflict given all the objectives of the war would have been achieved. Instead we have the notion that it is better to be the so called lord of destroyed cities that you will never control as long as you can say you will never surrender whatever the cost it seems. And that may well take years of fighting and needless death whilst rebuilding the nation could never take place. And if in five years time concessions are made and peace is agreed, you have to wonder was it really worth it in the end when the same concessions could have been made today just because nobody wants to be the first to conceded I wonder.
#15235071
B0ycey wrote:The American Lieutenant is right. It is so much easier to defend territory than it is to retake it back. I don't know if it is Zelensky or some leader from the West that is pumping his head with stupid ideas of "Ukrainian Victory", but it seems to me the biggest mistake in the war was weltching on a peace deal that was all but complete because Russia rolled back their offensive towards Kiev. Once Ukraine is pushed out of Donbass, it is going to be fortified up and then that is it for Donbass being back under Ukraine control because it is then up to Ukraine to be on the offensive not the other way round. The irony is that even now, when it should be obvious to anyone who can see what is happening that Russia is about to take the whole of Donbass in the next month or so, that if some form of compromise and power sharing (The Minsk agreement) was offered up, that Russia may well accept that and end the conflict given all the objectives of the war would have been achieved. Instead we have the notion that it is better to be the so called lord of destroyed cities that you will never control as long as you can say you will never surrender whatever the cost it seems. And that may well take years of fighting and needless death whilst rebuilding the nation could never take place. And if in five years time concessions are made and peace is agreed, you have to wonder was it really worth it in the end when the same concessions could have been made today just because nobody wants to be the first to conceded I wonder.


Until Odessa is taken, and there is a direct land link from Russia to Moldova, Russia is not going to stop. However I may be wrong. Russia has tasted blood all of Ukraine may be on the menu. 60+ airstrikes in western and central Ukraine via Belarus from Russian aircraft in last hour.
Last edited by Igor Antunov on 25 Jun 2022 09:56, edited 1 time in total.
By Rugoz
#15235072
B0ycey wrote:The American Lieutenant is right. It is so much easier to defend territory than it is to retake it back. I don't know if it is Zelensky or some leader from the West that is pumping his head with stupid ideas of "Ukrainian Victory", but it seems to me the biggest mistake in the war was weltching on a peace deal that was all but complete because Russia rolled back their offensive towards Kiev. Once Ukraine is pushed out of Donbass, it is going to be fortified up and then that is it for Donbass being back under Ukraine control because it is then up to Ukraine to be on the offensive not the other way round. The irony is that even now, when it should be obvious to anyone who can see what is happening that Russia is about to take the whole of Donbass in the next month or so, that if some form of compromise and power sharing (The Minsk agreement) was offered up, that Russia may well accept that and end the conflict given all the objectives of the war would have been achieved. Instead we have the notion that it is better to be the so called lord of destroyed cities that you will never control as long as you can say you will never surrender whatever the cost it seems. And that may well take years of fighting and needless death whilst rebuilding the nation could never take place. And if in five years time concessions are made and peace is agreed, you have to wonder was it really worth it in the end when the same concessions could have been made today just because nobody wants to be the first to conceded I wonder.


You think this war is about Donbas? How fucking naive can a person be? :knife: The objective has been ALL of Ukraine from the very beginning. As we speak Russia tries the establish occupation authorities in Kherson and elsewhere. If Russia settles for Donbas, it will be because it realizes it doesn't have the power to take more.

Besides, it's perfectly possible that Ukraine will be able to take back territory. At this stage of the war it's simply not a priority.
#15235073
I forgot to mention, I'll find the sauces later. Russia has been using more artillery shells and rockets every 2 weeks over the past two months than NATO, US included, produces annually. So either Russia's military industrial capacity is enormous, or they've been stockpiling endless munitions for years.
Russia is firing more than 60,000 shells/day, Ukraine’s deputy defense minister told us. That’s 10 times more than Ukraine, she said. Production of the 152mm shells is so limited that even if everyone gave Ukraine all of their stocks of the rounds, it still wouldn’t be enough.


Kaliningrad situation seems to be de-escalating with new EU guidance being released soon to allow for transit of the sanctioned goods into Kaliningrad from Russia.
https://www.politico.eu/article/europe- ... lithuania/

Seems EU or US is pressuring Lithuania to stop being retarded. This is always the danger of allowing useless little countries into your alliance, they tend to start shit thinking they're untouchable.
By B0ycey
#15235075
Rugoz wrote:You think this war is about Donbas? How fucking naive can a person be? :knife: The objective has been ALL of Ukraine from the very beginning. As we speak Russia tries the establish occupation authorities in Kherson and elsewhere. If Russia settles for Donbas, it will be because it realizes it doesn't have the power to take more.

Besides, it's perfectly possible that Ukraine will be able to take back territory. At this stage of the war it's simply not a priority.


Perhaps the objective at first was to take all of Ukraine, I doubt that was the objective once they rolled back. Now I would say it is about three things, NATO expansion, denazification and liberation of Donbass because frankly they don't have the manpower to cease all of Ukraine today, so they will want to replenish their stock, improve their defence and diversify their economy in order to retain what really matters to them which is the motherland. As long as the peace deal satisfies those three objectives and they can say to people they won the "Special military operation" they will compromise with a peace deal. In fact, if you paid attention Russia and Ukraine had a peace deal ready to sign until Zelensky weltched on it. So no, I don't think they will need Odessa. But I do think the longer things go on the more land they will take and use as a bargaining chip and that may well be Odessa eventually.
#15235076
B0ycey wrote:Perhaps the objective at first was to take all of Ukraine, I doubt that was the objective once they rolled back. Now I would say it is about three things, NATO expansion, denazification and liberation of Donbass because frankly they don't have the manpower to cease all of Ukraine today, so they will want to replenish their stock, improve their defence and diversify their economy in order to retain what really matters to them which is the motherland. As long as the peace deal satisfies those three objectives and they can say to people they won the "Special military operation" they will compromise with a peace deal. In fact, if you paid attention Russia and Ukraine had a peace deal ready to sign until Zelensky weltched on it. So no, I don't think they will need Odessa. But I do think the longer things go on the more land they will take and use as a bargaining chip and that may well be Odessa eventually.


I did pay attention and such a peace deal didn't exist. As long as Russia believes it can take Odessa and a potential "peace deal" doesn't include it, Russia will attempt to take it. Russia won't settle for anything less than it thinks it can achieve on the battlefield. Simple as that.
By B0ycey
#15235077
Rugoz wrote:I did pay attention and such a peace deal didn't exist. As long as Russia believes it can take Odessa and a potential "peace deal" doesn't include it, Russia will attempt to take it. Russia won't settle for anything less than it thinks it can achieve on the battlefield. Simple as that.


If you honest believe that than what was the Fanfare in Turkey and even more importantly why did Russia roll its troops back whilst declaring Zelensky the democratically elected leader of Ukraine? First let's get the talks back on and then we will see what Russia wants and don't want. But given they were part of BRICS that signed a declaration to restart peace talks two days ago and didn't veto a UN article that demanded a peaceful solution to the conflict I am more inclined to believe that actually a peaceful resolution is still possible as long as their objectives are met. We will know more with talks wouldn't you say?
#15235079
Rugoz wrote:I hope this is true because it's not sustainable, but it's probably vastly exaggerated.


I'd say they have multiple tens of millions of shells and rockets stockpiled, that would give them an easy years worth of intensive bombardment (20 million) without eating up their stockpile too much. And they no doubt produce a couple million shells and rockets every year. It's a very basic munition, essentially large explosive bullets and large explosive bullets with solid rockets attached.
#15235081
B0ycey wrote:If you honest believe that than what was the Fanfare in Turkey and even more importantly why did Russia roll its troops back whilst declaring Zelensky the democratically elected leader of Ukraine? First let's get the talks back on and then we will see what Russia wants and don't want. But given they were part of BRICS that signed a declaration to restart peace talks two days ago and didn't veto a UN article that demanded a peaceful solution to the conflict I am more inclined to believe that actually a peaceful resolution is still possible as long as their objectives are met. We will know more with talks wouldn't you say?


Jesus Christ man, are you really that fucking naive? Russia is trolling. Rhetoric and action almost never align in the case of Russia. It's part of Russia's information warfare.

Russia rolled its troops back because its "blitzkrieg"-strategy was failing big time. The current strategy is working better for them.

A peaceful resolution stands at the end of every conflict. Talks are fine, and of course they happen. But notice how Putin never talked with Zelensky, even though the latter asked for it multiple times.
By Rugoz
#15235082
Igor Antunov wrote:I'd say they have multiple tens of millions of shells and rockets stockpiled, that would give them an easy years worth of intensive bombardment (20 million) without eating up their stockpile too much. And they no doubt produce a couple million shells and rockets every year. It's a very basic munition, essentially large explosive bullets and large explosive bullets with solid rockets attached.


Doesn't look like it.

#15235084
There are 1001 reasons why Russia would be moving potentially vulnerable stockpiles away from Belarus deeper into its territory. Recall that according to western speculation Russia ran out of ammunition 60 days into the operation. Nonsense.

Anyway, it seems Zelensky is not very smart. Putin at least lets his generals handle the operation. And if they do a poor job he simply replaces them with other generals. Puppet Zelensky thinks he's leading something.
Image
#15235086
Igor Antunov wrote:There are 1001 reasons why Russia would be moving potentially vulnerable stockpiles away from Belarus deeper into its territory.


Sure bro, and just chose not to believe the most likely one. :roll:
  • 1
  • 302
  • 303
  • 304
  • 305
  • 306
  • 354

@Mike12 I agree, we should smash the state. […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

All of this wouldn't be happening if Putin didn't […]

Roe V. Wade to be Overturned

The SCOTUS can simply decide that any law banning […]

[T]his legislation props up the fossil fuel ind[…]