Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 309 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

User avatar
By Beren
#15235362
Istanbuller wrote:Anyway, congratulations to our Russian friends. Let's have more blows on NATO hopefully.

Sure, congratulations to them for combining warfare with diplomacy successfully, let's hope they're satisfied enough with the results.
#15235367
Istanbuller wrote:Anyway, congratulations to our Russian friends. Let's have more blows on NATO hopefully.

So you will be happy when Russia attacks Turkey because of some russiophile minority calling for help.
In that case you should be happy to be in the Nato. Or maybe Russia uses Syiah as an excuse. Wasn't there a jet shot down?
#15235402
Beren wrote:Nobody has a source for this, but the Russians didn't seem to do anything against it and they publicly agreed to it. They didn't even use Orbán to do something about it. :lol:


Oh, yes, they'll have to work on the public opinion and Zelensky will lose some of his popularity for sure, but the majority will swallow it.


@Rancid

This topic got a bit boring with the misunderstandings and infestation of Russian propaganda to a degree that gets tedious to debunk. So here is an hour long video covering most of the bullshit in this topic. I agree with 99% of what the guy says with the difference that Ukraine is winning. He doesn't want to say it but Ukraine is winning slowly but surely.

User avatar
By Rancid
#15235407
JohnRawls wrote:
@Rancid

This topic got a bit boring with the misunderstandings and infestation of Russian propaganda to a degree that gets tedious to debunk. So here is an hour long video covering most of the bullshit in this topic. I agree with 99% of what the guy says with the difference that Ukraine is winning. He doesn't want to say it but Ukraine is winning slowly but surely.



I saw one of his videos a few weeks ago. Very well done. I will find time to watch/listen to this one.

What do you define "winning" as though?

My opinion on the definition of winning is that although Ukraine has won a lot (Kyiv was never taken, Kharkiv and SUmy were never taken. Everything east of the Dienper (sp?) hasn't been taken, there is still a conventional military, etc. etc.), they will not win it all, and that even a 1% win for Putin is a 100% loss for Ukraine.
#15235418
Rancid wrote:I saw one of his videos a few weeks ago. Very well done. I will find time to watch/listen to this one.

What do you define "winning" as though?

My opinion on the definition of winning is that although Ukraine has won a lot (Kyiv was never taken, Kharkiv and SUmy were never taken. Everything east of the Dienper (sp?) hasn't been taken, there is still a conventional military, etc. etc.), they will not win it all, and that even a 1% win for Putin is a 100% loss for Ukraine.


Winning for me is slow destruction of the Russian army to the point of it not being able to conduct offensive operation and then retaking its lost land either through negotiations or military action.
User avatar
By Rancid
#15235426
Rancid wrote:
I saw one of his videos a few weeks ago. Very well done. I will find time to watch/listen to this one.

What do you define "winning" as though?

My opinion on the definition of winning is that although Ukraine has won a lot (Kyiv was never taken, Kharkiv and SUmy were never taken. Everything east of the Dienper (sp?) hasn't been taken, there is still a conventional military, etc. etc.), they will not win it all, and that even a 1% win for Putin is a 100% loss for Ukraine.


Still listening to it, but one thing that stood out so far:
We've seen many of these repeated constantly here. Especially the "Eastern Ukraine is the entire economy and thus the Donbas determines everything definitively" argument. Nice to see the video covers this.

EDIT:
THe other common one on here is "Look at the map".
#15235581
'Reports'. How exactly? Did ukraine with its imaginary artillery that it never fired, while under 24/7 fire of russian artillery, somehow achieve this feat from the trenches its troops were dying in?

:lol:

This is almost as copium as the 'russia defaulting on its debts' (because the creditor refuses to take interest payments) artificial news. Nobody that matters believes this propaganda anymore. Western media and western governments are giving off a rancid smell.
#15235593
@Igor Antunov

We are reasonably certain that the Russians took heavy losses after the first time they conquered the city, back around the 3:rd and 4:th of June. They had to fall back from having taken 80% to around 50% at that time and their massive bombardment campaign since then seems to be their only realistic alternative for continuing their advance.

You still believe they can take all of Ukraine?
#15235595
Rugoz wrote:Remember when Igor was saying the US invasion of Iraq was just as slow? :lol:


20 years later Iraq is now an Iranian client state. I'd say it was slower by orders of magnitude.

Russia could easily level everything and pretend to rule over the rubble for 15 years and leave. That's would be western levels of failure. Every cm of territory Russia takes is Russian, forever. Annexation is not just a meme.
#15235606
Rugoz wrote:It does, but it takes ages. Like in WW1. They have to ship all that arillery ammo to the front.


No they could just use cruise missiles and foabs directly on power stations and government buildings and cluster air strikes on urban areas if they simply wanted to level everything in a day.

Ukraine is wining though by continuously retreating, so Russia will just keep losing by taking territory and preserving vital infrastructure.
By Rugoz
#15235607
Igor Antunov wrote:No they could just use cruise missiles and foabs directly on power stations and government buildings and cluster air strikes on urban areas if they simply wanted to level everything in a day.


They totally do, to the extent they're capable of.
User avatar
By Beren
#15235609
BBC wrote:President Volodymyr Zelensky addresses the G7 summit via video-link, calling for more weapons for Ukraine
He tells global leaders gathered in Germany that he wants the war to end by the end of the year "before winter sets in", sources say.

I may have been too optimistic and it'll end only in autumn perhaps.
  • 1
  • 307
  • 308
  • 309
  • 310
  • 311
  • 359

Do you think it'd be good for Taiwan, or human […]

The Car Market Bubble Is Collapsing Like my[…]

4) no, just ask Baltics , Estonia was wealthier[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

They killed at least 500,000 Iraqi babies. Former[…]