Abortion on wheels - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By late
"Called “Abortion Delivered,” the clinic-on-wheels program, which will also provide surgical abortions for patients who prefer it or are too far along in pregnancy for a medication abortion, is designed to reach patients from nearby states like Texas, Oklahoma and South Dakota that quickly outlawed abortion after the court decision, as well as other states like Utah that are expected to ban or sharply restrict abortion.

“By operating on state borders, we will reduce travel burdens for patients in states with bans or severe limits,” Dr. Amaon said. “And by moving beyond a traditional brick-and-mortar clinic, our mobile clinics can quickly adapt to the courts, state legislatures, and the markets, going wherever the need is.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/26/heal ... pills.html

This is not something I expected; but I do enjoy the schadenfreude of lunatics. It is beginning to look like the insane bans won't work nearly as well as their proponents had hoped. I can remember the bad old days before Roe, it was ugly
By ness31
See, free markets at work. Supply and demand baby :lol:
By late
ness31 wrote:
See, free markets at work. Supply and demand baby

Most of these guys are activists, a lot are nonprofit..
By ness31
late wrote:Most of these guys are activists, a lot are nonprofit..

Of course! They’re just your average Doctors Without Borders :D
By late
ness31 wrote:
Of course! They’re just your average Doctors Without Borders

That's not bad.

Ireland opposed abortion for generations, but now their laws are better than ours.
By Scamp
I'm seriously thinking of starting up an unwanted baby adoption agency. Buying unwanted babies real cheap and selling them for big profit. 8)
By Rancid
Scamp wrote:I'm seriously thinking of starting up an unwanted baby adoption agency. Buying unwanted babies real cheap and selling them for big profit. 8)

Support for human trafficking, not surprised. This is the sort of thing authoritarian freedom haters like yourself enjoy.
By Potemkin
Rancid wrote:Support for human trafficking, not surprised. This is the sort of thing authoritarian freedom haters like yourself enjoy.

@Scamp doesn’t hate freedom, @Rancid. In fact, he loves freedom - for himself. :)
By Rancid
Potemkin wrote:@Scamp doesn’t hate freedom, @Rancid. In fact, he loves freedom - for himself. :)

A weasel then.
By wat0n
late wrote:"Called “Abortion Delivered,” the clinic-on-wheels program, which will also provide surgical abortions for patients who prefer it or are too far along in pregnancy for a medication abortion, is designed to reach patients from nearby states like Texas, Oklahoma and South Dakota that quickly outlawed abortion after the court decision, as well as other states like Utah that are expected to ban or sharply restrict abortion.

“By operating on state borders, we will reduce travel burdens for patients in states with bans or severe limits,” Dr. Amaon said. “And by moving beyond a traditional brick-and-mortar clinic, our mobile clinics can quickly adapt to the courts, state legislatures, and the markets, going wherever the need is.”
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/26/heal ... pills.html

This is not something I expected; but I do enjoy the schadenfreude of lunatics. It is beginning to look like the insane bans won't work nearly as well as their proponents had hoped. I can remember the bad old days before Roe, it was ugly

Thankfully the US is a richer country than back then, which makes this kind of thing easier... A quirk of the American system of government.
By Godstud
I like that some Canadians are offering to help out Americans who cross the border for abortions.

How Canadian women are offering to help Americans get abortions
Last week, Ottawa announced that Americans seeking an abortion could safely do so in Canada.

“I’ve engaged CBSA. My office is currently working with them to make sure there are clear guidelines so that women who may not be able to access healthcare, including abortions, are able to come to Canada,” Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino said on May 4.

“Americans who come to Canada are able to access medical services here today if they need it,” a spokesperson for Karina Gould, minister of families, children and social development, told Daily Hive in an email last week.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canadia ... s-abortion

A Handmaid's Tale was not meant to be a Republican manifesto.
By late
Godstud wrote:
I like that some Canadians are offering to help out Americans who cross the border for abortions.

How Canadian women are offering to help Americans get abortions
Last week, Ottawa announced that Americans seeking an abortion could safely do so in Canada.

“I’ve engaged CBSA. My office is currently working with them to make sure there are clear guidelines so that women who may not be able to access healthcare, including abortions, are able to come to Canada,” Public Safety Minister Marco Mendicino said on May 4.

“Americans who come to Canada are able to access medical services here today if they need it,” a spokesperson for Karina Gould, minister of families, children and social development, told Daily Hive in an email last week.

https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canadia ... s-abortion

A Handmaid's Tale was not meant to be a Republican manifesto.

But it is now.

Robbing women to pay the appalling..

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]