Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 310 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

The war is not going to end any time soon. I am not sure if I wrote this here but my optimistic best guess is march 2023 but a bit more realistically it might take longer. I mean something might happen before that but I think that it is very unlikely.

Russian economy is going to have bad time this summer and especially starting from august but that won't stop the war.
By Rancid
Igor Antunov wrote:
20 years later Iraq is now an Iranian client state. I'd say it was slower by orders of magnitude.

Russia could easily level everything and pretend to rule over the rubble for 15 years and leave. That's would be western levels of failure. Every cm of territory Russia takes is Russian, forever. Annexation is not just a meme.

You are conflating war and occupation intentionally.

Again though, you are Igor, and if the Kremlin isn't paying you, you're a dumb ass for not asking them for payment for the good work you do for them. You could take your payment in crypto. What is the Ruble - bitcoin rate these days?
^ do you think anyone believes that kind of bullsh!t even in Russia? :lol:

Lavrov:

Monday: West is fascist

Tuesday: We will start a nuclear war with the West

Wednesday: Ukraine is Hitler in a stateform

Thursday: Why doesn't everyone love us?

Friday: we will raze major Western cities to the ground

Saturday: west is promoting Russophobia, and sanctions are a crime against humanity

Sunday: Sanctions didn't even touch us

Tracking where Russia is taking Ukraine's stolen grain:

"Russian forces have been repeatedly accused of stealing grain from Ukrainian farmers in occupied areas as well as other crops such as sunflower seeds, along with fertiliser and agricultural equipment. The BBC has spoken to farmers, analysed satellite images and followed tracking data to look for evidence of where stolen grain is going." [...]
"We were able to use this data to see they had gone south into Crimea, which Russia annexed in 2014, and then on to Russia."

https://www.bbc.com/news/61790625
By Rancid
Wels wrote:Thursday: Why doesn't everyone love us?

:lol:

It is funny seeing these sorts of statements/sentiment thrown around occasionally but Russia.

Wels wrote:Saturday: west is promoting Russophobia, and sanctions are a crime against humanity

The reason this one is thrown around is because they think it will some how trigger the woke crowd to be against supporting Ukraine. That said, the far left morons support Russia anyway.
By wat0n
JohnRawls wrote:The war is not going to end any time soon. I am not sure if I wrote this here but my optimistic best guess is march 2023 but a bit more realistically it might take longer. I mean something might happen before that but I think that it is very unlikely.

Russian economy is going to have bad time this summer and especially starting from august but that won't stop the war.

I don't think anyone can honestly predict when will the war end.
JohnRawls wrote:Russian economy is going to have bad time this summer and especially starting from august but that won't stop the war.

According to many journalists, destroying Russia has been the Western Oligarchs' plan all along.

They have nuclear bunkers and multiple passports, so they're not worried about nuclear retaliation. And the Oligarch class hates and fears the people they rule over, so scaring the proles and making them stupid works for the Oligarch class. It's an enticement, rather than a reason for caution.

John Bellamy Foster wrote:...the essential thing to recognize at the outset is that this is a proxy war. In this regard, none other than Leon Panetta, who was CIA director and then secretary of defense under the Barack Obama administration, acknowledged recently that the war in Ukraine is a U.S. “proxy war,” though seldom admitted. ...

The proxy war started in 2014 when the Maidan coup, engineered by the United States, took place in Ukraine, removing the democratically elected president...

A civil war thus emerged in Ukraine ...

Washington provided an enormous amount of military support to Kyiv between 1991 and 2021. ...

unlike other proxy wars between capitalist states this one is occurring on the borders of one of the great nuclear powers and is brought on by the long-articulated grand imperial strategy in Washington aimed at capturing the Ukraine for NATO in order to destroy Russia as a great power, and establish, as Brzezinski stated, U.S. supremacy over the globe. ...
By Beren
wat0n wrote:I don't think anyone can honestly predict when will the war end.

Sure, we're just guessing, the point is if it's dying away or not. The frontline has been basically static for a long time and I don't see either Ukraine or Russia or the EU still interested in or enthusiastic about this war anymore, rather the opposite, and even the US has spent enough on it, which should be enough to stop it by the end of the year or before winter as Zelensky mentioned.
By Rancid
QatzelOk wrote:
According to many journalists, destroying Russia has been the Western Oligarchs' plan all along.

They have nuclear bunkers and multiple passports, so they're not worried about nuclear retaliation. And the Oligarch class hates and fears the people they rule over, so scaring the proles and making them stupid works for the Oligarch class. It's an enticement, rather than a reason for caution.

Do you support Russia's mass rape?
By wat0n
Beren wrote:Sure, we're just guessing, the point is if it's dying away or not. The frontline has been basically static for a long time and I don't see either Ukraine or Russia or the EU still interested in or enthusiastic about this war anymore, rather the opposite, and even the US has spent enough on it, which should be enough to stop it by the end of the year or before winter as Zelensky mentioned.

It would not be unheard of a war undesired by all sides extending for many, many years on end. The stuck frontline could actually be argued to support this idea, if anything...
By Beren
wat0n wrote:It would not be unheard of a war undesired by all sides extending for many, many years on end. The stuck frontline could actually be argued to support this idea, if anything...

Which war(s) do you mean? However, it could keep going on on a low intensity for a long time perhaps if they couldn't agree on peace terms in any way, but I'd rather bet they're pretty much close to it actually. The biggest issue may be if how they'll sell it to their own people and cool down the radicals in their own camps.
wat0n wrote:I don't think anyone can honestly predict when will the war end.

Sort of that is why it is a guess. If you wanted me to bet some money on huge odds then I would say march,april,may 2023. But probably will take longer.
QatzelOk wrote:According to many journalists, destroying Russia has been the Western Oligarchs' plan all along.

You are a shitbag for trying to justify what Russia does and try to spin it as a Western "conspiracy" of some sort. Reality is that Russia is ruled by monsters who just want to rule forever by killing people in another country and taking it over with direct military means without considering the human aspect.
By wat0n
Beren wrote:Which war(s) do you mean? However, it could keep going on on a low intensity for a long time perhaps if they couldn't agree on peace terms in any way, but I'd rather bet they're pretty much close to it actually. The biggest issue may be if how they'll sell it to their own people and cool down the radicals in their own camps.

I think the Iraq-Iran war would qualify. I recall the frontline also stagnated relatively quickly, but that did not stop the meat grinder at all.

Usually one of the sides would have an incentive to try and push, despite being tired of the whole thing, if it perceived the enemy was weak. War would take its own dynamic here, with fighting continuing just for the sake of getting into a marginally better bargaining position.
By Beren
wat0n wrote:I think the Iraq-Iran war would qualify. I recall the frontline also stagnated relatively quickly, but that did not stop the meat grinder at all.

I guess a Saddam Hussein was necessary for that.

wat0n wrote:Usually one of the sides would have an incentive to try and push, despite being tired of the whole thing, if it perceived the enemy was weak. War would take its own dynamic here, with fighting continuing just for the sake of getting into a marginally better bargaining position.

In my opinion the Russians are more-or-less satisfied with what they have, so it's up to the Ukrainians if they accept the current situation as a starting point for negotiations. Maybe they'll try to change it for their benefit once before they sit at the negotiation table.
By Wels
QatzelOk wrote:According to many journalists, destroying Russia has been the Western Oligarchs' plan all along. [blah].

First, this is complete bullsh!t.
Second, it is Russia that criminally attacked another nation under the usual pretexts the whole world witnessed.
They sowed the wind, let them feel the storm.
By Rancid
Beren wrote:In my opinion the Russians are more-or-less satisfied with what they have,

It's more like they have come to terms that they weren't able to achieve their bigger goals.

Do you think Ukraine would accept giving away Donbas if it could join NATO?
By Beren
Rancid wrote:It's more like they have come to terms that they weren't able to achieve their bigger goals.

I mean they've occupied and control enough territory for a negotiation.

Rancid wrote:Do you think Ukraine would accept giving away Donbas if it could join NATO?

They won't join NATO, they'll rather declare neutrality, and they'll give away Luhansk and Donetsk Oblasts in exchange for other territories and EU candidate status.
Rancid wrote:Again though, you are Igor, and if the Kremlin isn't paying you, you're a dumb ass for not asking them for payment for the good work you do for them.

He won't ask for any payment because he's genuinely after every good, freedom loving person in this world.

Although I do think Australia should reward him by deporting him (again, someone tip this motherfucker off!), while I wish God could reward him too -- from what I heard his kidneys would become handy.
Patrickov wrote:He won't ask for any payment because he's genuinely after every good, freedom loving person in this world.

Although I do think Australia should reward him by deporting him (again, someone tip this motherfucker off!), while I wish God could reward him too -- from what I heard his kidneys would become handy.

You are simply confused. I am much more than meets the eye.

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we […]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] Are you[…]

[usermention=41202] @late[/usermention] The[…]

I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]