Roe V. Wade to be Overturned - Page 60 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15235752
wat0n wrote:But I also recall how all of these attempts failed, miserably at that. We have to wait and see, but I find it extremely unlikely the GOP will be able to pull any stunts off on this election. Not without the WH.


They will do it again and again until they succeed. The GOP will take credit when their extreme wing succeed, and look the other way when they don't (as they are doing this very moment with 6th Jan). It is becoming more normal and accepted.

Nope, these assholes are taking over, full stop. It's done. Everyone is too busy with their thumbs up their asses or willfully going along with it.
#15235754
late wrote:Because that law was created to sneak giving a fetus the personhood through the back door.

The law doesn't work like a teenager with personality problems, or at least, that's not how it is supposed to work.

Your frog is a racist meme.

Image

I disagree. That law is simply yet another example of double standards.
#15235759
Rancid wrote:Recall when Trump tried to have voting machines seized?
Recall when Trump started pressuring state level officials to over turn elections he didn't like?
Recall when a SCOTUS judge's wife was involved in the fake electors plot?
Recall the fake electors plot?
Recall jan 6th?
Recall the primary in New Mexico where they didn't want to certify an election be "fraud" when there wasn't any?
Recall all the senators/house members that are still backing the big lie?
Recall all of the people around Trump going along and "humoring" him?

Wait for the mid-terms and watch all the claims of "fraud" roll in.

How much more of this do I need to remind you of? Of course they will take over an rule with impunity.

All of this will slowly grind away at any semblance of a democratic system. This is the equivalent of Putin just shelling the shit out of a town in Ukraine into dust.

This country is already on the path to becoming a complete fucking shithole.


Recall when democrats sent election ballots out to households without any solicitation?
Recall when democrats blocked election monitors, taped cardboard on windows and told monitors to stand 100 feet away from counting being performed?
Recall when democrats began destroying ballots after the election against official election policy?
Recall when Perkins Coie (a democrat law firm) and Marc Elias where going to state to state to change election laws with Secretaries of State and judges in direct contravention of the Constitution (State legislatures control elections in their respective states)?
Recall 150 days during the summer of 2020 when piece of shit leftist democrats (redundant) looted, burned buildings, tipped over statues, destroyed private and public property, blinded cops with lasers, attempted to bar doors to police stations with officers inside and set them on fire with officers inside and tried to destroy almost 300 U.S. cities by rioting and burning shit down? January 6th pales in comparison, motherfucker.
Recall the Russia collusion hoax after three years produced no evidence and was a DNC publicity stunt?
Recall Kathy Griffin cutting Trumps head off in effigy as a comedy tour?
Recall a democrat operative shooting at Republican representative at a baseball game, wounding Representative Steve Scalise and four others being shot?

You created a fucking shit hole, DNC, BLM, ANTIFA and all your fucking leftist affinity groups.

Fuck off and die in a fire. You deserve everything you get.



Image
Last edited by BlutoSays on 28 Jun 2022 02:48, edited 1 time in total.
#15235764
Rancid wrote:They will do it again and again until they succeed. The GOP will take credit when their extreme wing succeed, and look the other way when they don't (as they are doing this very moment with 6th Jan). It is becoming more normal and accepted.

Nope, these assholes are taking over, full stop. It's done. Everyone is too busy with their thumbs up their asses or willfully going along with it.


@Godstud

I think we have to wait and see. I don't mean not being vigilant, mind you, but it's unclear to me things are going that way.

Democracies are fragile creatures and do indeed need to be taken care of.

@BlutoSays does have a point, too, that stuff like the Floyd riots a couple of years ago were also harmful. I recalled I said they'd set a precedent when it comes to using violence for attaining political goals.

I also don't think the public would regard something like that in the same light as then.
#15235773
@wat0n It is false and disingenuous of you to say that the BLM protests were about using violence to further a political or ideological agenda. The riots were the fallout from the protests, in part caused by the very thing they were protesting. That is not what defined the movement, as vest majority of protests had absolutely no violence.

The protests were not "harmful". The riots were. The riots were caused by by a very few criminals, and by a few police who instigated such violence. The protests were a legitimate way for people to oppose the systemic racism within the American justice system.

No. I do not, in any way, support violence as a way to attain political goals. It normally has the reverse effect. The riots did more harm to the BLM than to anything else.

@BlutoSays is full of shit, as usual, and we could dissect his list pretty easily, but it'd be a waste of time, as he'd never admit he was stupid and wrong.
#15235776
@Godstud if you want to tell yourself that fiction, just as some of the MAGAtards really believe they were fighting a stolen election, you can do so.

I don't forget how, during those days, I saw the businesses in the majority Black neighborhood I was a resident of at the time put up signs reading "THIS IS A BLACK OWNED BUSINESS" yet some were still looted (mostly liquor stores).
#15235777
Nope, these assholes are taking over, full stop. It's done. Everyone is too busy with their thumbs up their asses or willfully going along with it.


Have I not been saying this for over three years now? Have I not been warning this over and over again? It is done. The slow moving coup has succeeded. But listen. They are winning at the ballot box. They do not need fireworks. They own the court and Senate. Soon they will own the house and presidency. They do not need an open insurrection. They won. As Rancid said, its over.

The only thing that can be done is to control the states. That is it. Hold what you have. That is what looks like a win in 2022.

The SCOTUS will be archly conservative for the next 30 years. That alone guarantees that they will ultimately get what they want.
#15235782
Drlee wrote:Have I not been saying this for over three years now? Have I not been warning this over and over again? It is done. The slow moving coup has succeeded. But listen. They are winning at the ballot box. They do not need fireworks. They own the court and Senate. Soon they will own the house and presidency. They do not need an open insurrection. They won. As Rancid said, its over.

The only thing that can be done is to control the states. That is it. Hold what you have. That is what looks like a win in 2022.

The SCOTUS will be archly conservative for the next 30 years. That alone guarantees that they will ultimately get what they want.




Stop ruining the economy. EVERYTHING hinges on the economy, inflation and shortages. Every other issue is a distant second, third or fourth.


But you democrats are so clueless on economics, so that is an impossibility.
#15235784
BlutoSays wrote:Stop ruining the economy. EVERYTHING hinges on the economy, inflation and shortages. Every other issue is a distant second, third or fourth.


But you democrats are so clueless on economics, so that is an impossibility.


I don't disagree. The economy is tanking the Biden presidency.

I am not a democrat.
#15235789
It could except for one thing that everyone seems to be missing from this conversation. Abortion is not to be banned in any state where it is popular now. That is key. Getting more votes requires that you flip people. I do not see this as flipping anyone.

Abortion is an issue that just does not get votes much. In a May Gallup poll only 5% of voters saw abortion as the most important problem we face. This versus almost 40% who said it was the economy. Leadership, which is not Biden's strong suit, is more important to the voters than abortion. Abortion might get out some young voters but then it might flip some independents who had given up on doing anything about it.

The way it is going right now it is looking like a bloodbath.

Real Clear Politics writes about 1 million suburban voters flipping Republican.

Where have we heard, "Its the economy stupid" before. (Not meant to be an insult.)
#15235791
Drlee wrote:
It could except for one thing that everyone seems to be missing from this conversation. Abortion is not to be banned in any state where it is popular now. That is key. Getting more votes requires that you flip people. I do not see this as flipping anyone.

Abortion is an issue that just does not get votes much. In a May Gallup poll only 5% of voters saw abortion as the most important problem we face. This versus almost 40% who said it was the economy. Leadership, which is not Biden's strong suit, is more important to the voters than abortion. Abortion might get out some young voters but then it might flip some independents who had given up on doing anything about it.

The way it is going right now it is looking like a bloodbath.

Real Clear Politics writes about 1 million suburban voters flipping Republican.

Where have we heard, "Its the economy stupid" before. (Not meant to be an insult.)



Did you ever notice how different a gun looks, when it's pointed at you?
#15235792
wat0n wrote:@Godstud if you want to tell yourself that fiction, just as some of the MAGAtards really believe they were fighting a stolen election, you can do so.
No. You are being disingenuous. BLM was not about riots. That was not the point of the protests, no matter what stupidity you tell yourself.

Yes, some criminals took advantage of this to commit crimes. That does not and will not invalidate the reasons for the protest.

Hundreds of millions protested for BLM and 94% of all the protests saw absolutely no violence. That's a fact you and others like to ignore, in your foolishness.
#15235796
wat0n wrote:@Godstud if you want to tell yourself that fiction, just as some of the MAGAtards really believe they were fighting a stolen election, you can do so.

I don't forget how, during those days, I saw the businesses in the majority Black neighborhood I was a resident of at the time put up signs reading "THIS IS A BLACK OWNED BUSINESS" yet some were still looted (mostly liquor stores).


Yeah, except the murder of George Floyd was a thing that actually happened.
#15235799
Drlee wrote:It could except for one thing that everyone seems to be missing from this conversation. Abortion is not to be banned in any state where it is popular now. That is key. Getting more votes requires that you flip people. I do not see this as flipping anyone.

Abortion is an issue that just does not get votes much. In a May Gallup poll only 5% of voters saw abortion as the most important problem we face. This versus almost 40% who said it was the economy. Leadership, which is not Biden's strong suit, is more important to the voters than abortion. Abortion might get out some young voters but then it might flip some independents who had given up on doing anything about it.

The way it is going right now it is looking like a bloodbath.

Real Clear Politics writes about 1 million suburban voters flipping Republican.

Where have we heard, "Its the economy stupid" before. (Not meant to be an insult.)


This is an absurd level of defeatism. Conservatives have controlled MUCH more in the past and still lost.
#15235801
Godstud wrote:No. You are being disingenuous. BLM was not about riots. That was not the point of the protests, no matter what stupidity you tell yourself.

Yes, some criminals took advantage of this to commit crimes. That does not and will not invalidate the reasons for the protest.

Hundreds of millions protested for BLM and 94% of all the protests saw absolutely no violence. That's a fact you and others like to ignore, in your foolishness.


This reminds me of the MAGA people who claimed that most people at the Capitol back in January 6 last year didn't riot either so their protest was legitimate.

Nonsense, there were no condemnations of the looting and I even remember some from our local chapter excusing it if anything.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/b ... s/2320685/

Why deny reality I wonder?

Saeko wrote:Yeah, except the murder of George Floyd was a thing that actually happened.


Just because you don't ever go to the South Side it doesn't mean it never happened.

The irony is that the same Black people upper middle class BLM activists claim to stand up for got so tired of the whole thing that they eventually kicked them out towards the end of the whole thing.

https://blockclubchicago.org/2020/08/12 ... ff-police/

And you know what? @Drlee is obviously right. Ultimately what counts is voting, and that's it.
#15235807
The removal of rights was done by SCOTUS. This shows quite clearly that unelected appointees put in place by a POTUS who won a minority of votes can enforce a policy that the public would never have voted for.
  • 1
  • 58
  • 59
  • 60
  • 61
  • 62
  • 92

For example, until the rise of the United States[…]

^ We will never know for sure, estimates are abou[…]

Yes about one third of mankind is christian, and a[…]