Feeling Biden's inflation yet? - Page 5 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

"It's the economy, stupid!"

Moderator: PoFo Economics & Capitalism Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15231795
Steve_American wrote:I don't think POFO will ban you for being anti gay, but I could be wrong.


Sorry that I am replying to a very specific point here.

I don't think anti-gay (or anti any sexual orientation) is logical. What I (or other people) feel attracted to remains personal. The only exception is pedophiles because by definition they will go after those with little ability to defend themselves.


Steve_American wrote:I do care about abortion and birth control and keeping the Gov. out of my bedroom.


The issue of abortion is to me more about anatomy.
If we are advanced enough to totally bypass pregnancy, abortion should not be an issue.

For now, though, women suffer the most so no matter how some don't like it, they have the final say.


Steve_American wrote:I don't get you. Why do you care about social issues in the US. I don't think you're an American, and I don't know what race you think you are.


Biologically I am neither American nor White, and in mind I am at best a White wannabe.
I don't think I am qualified to be anything above a Chinese, as I am, at least yet.


Steve_American wrote:So, why do you support a Party that intends to steal the next election, is crushing the American people by refusing to deficit spend on social programs that Japan, UK, Germany, Canada, Norway, etc. all accept as normal programs, and is openly racist? What social policies are so important to you that you would want a Fascist (aka Nazi) Gov. to take over the US which has the world's strongest military and a many nuclear weapons?


Like BlutoSays, I hold (somewhat unfounded) spite against Democrats (sometimes they present themselves as too bright)
Also, I perceive Democrats are too wishy-washy to strongman regimes, and I believe it takes a mad man to bring down other mad men.

But unlike BlutoSays, I don't think the Democrats intend to be weak or put others into shame.
Also, see below.


Steve_American wrote:What is it that you like about MAGA? I agree that we ought to want to make America great again in my terms. A great place for the workers to raise a family with 1.5 earners. In the 60s 1 earner could support a spouse and 2 kids. Now 1 earner can barely support him/her self. It takes 3 earners to support 2 adults and 2 kids, but no family can have 3 earners until the oldest kid is 16 years old. It is a Catch 22. [To get B you must 1st have A, but to get A you must 1st have B. And you don't have A or B to start.] This is why the US is not great. Also, because it refuses to accept science, so covid has killed 500K too many, and we do nothing about climate change. A great nation would be leading the world on climate change.


Actually I am more into that the "US should be the police of the world and protect countries which are free but less able to defend themselves". The US does not need to be champion in everything, not even democracy -- it only has to be just right. Having every expectation onto one country means you have a too critical single point of failure.

What they are doing for Ukraine, for instance, is the right thing to do, at least in the general direction.


Steve_American wrote:You say you don't care much about economics. Why?


Because I am not on a high enough level to "care" (as you do).
EDIT: It means I judge myself as only capable to listen to whatever you say, rather than giving any response.
#15231811
@Patrickov,

You wrote: Biologically I am neither American nor White, and in mind I am at best a White wannabe.
I don't think I am qualified to be anything above a Chinese, as I am, at least yet.


I wonder if you realize that racist whites think the for a non white to be considered equal to a white, they must have died protecting whites. See Gunga Din; the poem is put in the mouth of the commander of the regiment that he saved. The commander says at the end that he is a better man than I. But Gunga Din is dead. Or, "The only good Indians I ever saw were dead." Here some Native Americans were good but they had died fighting for white power.
. . . So, if you want to be respected by white people while you are alive, you better hope the Dems win the current contest to see who controls America. The racist Repuds will never respect you until you give your life to save a white man. And, many, not even then.

You wrote: Like BlutoSays, I hold (somewhat unfounded) spite against Democrats (sometimes they present themselves as too bright)


Two things =>
1] You admit your feeling is unfounded. So, you should not be that attached to that view.
2] I agree the Dem leaders have sold out to the corps, and can be holier than thou in their stance on social issues. But, the reason they are going on about social issues is that their paymasters don't want them to do anything economically to help any one but the rich; so they have to bang on about social issues to get votes.
. . . I'm a Progressive. For me this means I would join the Progressive Party if there was one and it had a chance of winning the elections. I keep telling my fellow Progressives to stop being so woke, it drives away voters. Stick to economic issues, and get voters based on those issues. IMHO, wokeness is an invention of rich Dems who don't want economic help for the workers and so need to invent some other issue to be different from the Repuds.

The US had no reason to invade Iraq in 2003. It was a huge mistake. It was based on the lie that Iraq had WMD, when the US knew they didn't.
Afghanistan was a mess because we didn't want to win. We went there to shift dollars to American corps which make weapons or that hire mercenaries. I have studied military history as a hobby. I can see that the error was we allowed and demanded that our officers lie in their reports. Every report was all lies. In WWII lying in a report would get you transferred home. West Point has an Honor Code. Part of it it that they will not lie nor tolerate lying officers. We set that aside, and we lost. Of course, the corps won, because they got to keep the cash we spent over the 20 years we were there.

[BTW --- I use the term "Repud" instead of Rebub, because I want to insult them. A pud in yiddish is a penis. IMHO, they started the insults by refusing to use the Democratic Pary's full name, using "Democrat Party" instead, just to insult us. I really liked the movie "The Outlaw Josie Wales". In it Josie only ever killed people who 1st tried to kill him. If you were willing to live and let live, so was he. After the Commanches had taken 2 of his friends/workers to kill them, he even rode out into their camp alone to talk about it. He offered the chief a choice; live in peace or I'll kill you here and now before those braves behind me can kill me. The chief chooses life (live and let live). So, Josie was a live and let live guy, but if you started it, he would come after you. And, he was badass enough to *always* kill you 1st before you could kill him 1st.]
Last edited by Steve_American on 05 Jun 2022 04:13, edited 1 time in total.
#15232104
Steve_American wrote:Forty years ago Biden was running for Vice Pres. with Clinton to replace Bush I.
It is totally ignorant or stupid for you to claim that Biden told the Fed. to do anything 40 years ago.

Then, after a recession in the early 90s inflation moderated until after the GFC/2008. IIRC, inflation only got high after covid caused lockdowns and supply bottlenecks that caused shortages.
Sir, the Cato Institute is a tool of the Koch brothers, well known extremist neo-liberals. A few years ago it published a report that I have linked to 3 times here already. It said that every case of hyper inflation it could find data on in all of history happened after 1900. It also said that every case the inflation was started by shortages of critical stuff, like food and oil. It said that the money supply had zero to do with the start of the inflation. It said that the inflation continued because the shortages continued. It said that it got hyper because the Gov. printed money, true.
My point is that your post is totally factually wrong. Biden didn't tell the Fed to print money 40 years ago. So, Biden has not intentionally made Americans poorer.
You seem the think that all the money that Biden proposed to spend with Build Back Better, but didn't spend because Congress didn't pass it; is somehow causing inflation.
Biden is not "in charge" of the US economy. If he was in charge, then his programs would have passed Congress. They didn't. So, how is he in charge?

BTW -- Repuds like you don't seem to remember that Reagan increased the national debt by 289% (if you don't count the Soc. Sec. Trust Fund, SSTF). If all things like the SSTF are included, Reagan increased the debt by over 290%. In his 8 years the 'grand total' debt went from $1 T to $4 T. He increased the debt more percentagewise than any modern president. If Obama had done the same the debt IIRC would have gone from about $10 T to $40 T in his 8 years. IIRC it only went up to about IIRC $22 T. [These number are from my memory and are certainly not exact.]
.


Build Back Better is a payola scheme to continue to pay those who are allergic to work. ENOUGH.

Image
#15232133
BlutoSays wrote:Build Back Better is a payola scheme to continue to pay those who are allergic to work. ENOUGH.

[img]https://i.post[==]img.cc/pV7TkSDQ/image006.webp[/img]


This is a one line post, because the image provides no content.

This post doesn't reply to the post it quoted. Does this mean he has no reply?

So, having no reply he tries to change the subject.

Most of the parts of BBB were not giveaways to people not working.

IIRC, the only part of it that might be 10% for people not working was the child tax credit.
Maybe as much of 10% of the parents were not working. [This is just my guess.]

Bidens program called BBB was blocked in the Senate because it was felt that the current inflation is proof that the Gov. had overspent over the last about 2 years.

The recent report published by the Fed (that I posted in a different thread), clearly states that the money supply or recent Gov. deficit spending has nothing to do with the current inflation. That that part of MS economic theory is just wrong.

.
#15236198
Potemkin wrote:Supply and demand, @BlutoSays. If demand exceeds supply, for whatever reason, then the price goes up to curb demand until it matches the supply. This is the working of the Invisible Hand of the free market, its wonders to perform. You’re not against the free market are you, @BlutoSays? :eh:


This isn't free market. The is a bureaucrat meddling with the free market.





Image
#15236202
BlutoSays wrote:This isn't free market. The is a bureaucrat meddling with the free market.





Image

Which bureaucrat? Biden? The current spike in inflation is being experienced across the developed world, not just in America. Last time I checked, Biden wasn’t the President of the EU, nor Prime Minister of Britain.

Market forces are not a conspiracy, @BlutoSays. Capitalism is meant to work like this.
#15236211
BlutoSays wrote:

This isn't free market. The is a bureaucrat meddling with the free market.




If one studies economic history, what separates early capitalism from fully developed capitalism is a cooperation between business and government. England had to start an estate tax, which the rich and powerful hated. They invested in R&D, took over infrastructure like roads, water supplies, etc.

The modern era, which started (for us) in the late 1800s simply added to that cooperation.

What you believe is just a goofy parody of capitalism.
#15236212
Potemkin wrote:
Which bureaucrat? Biden? The current spike in inflation is being experienced across the developed world, not just in America. Last time I checked, Biden wasn’t the President of the EU, nor Prime Minister of Britain.

Market forces are not a conspiracy, @BlutoSays. Capitalism is meant to work like this.



Fascism is, at heart, anti-capitalist.

Just sayin'...
#15236484
Potemkin wrote:Which bureaucrat? Biden? The current spike in inflation is being experienced across the developed world, not just in America. Last time I checked, Biden wasn’t the President of the EU, nor Prime Minister of Britain.

Market forces are not a conspiracy, @BlutoSays. Capitalism is meant to work like this.


Get the fuck outta here.

The Biden administration is actively working to hurt people.


- - - - - - - - -

Greg [email protected]_TX
Governor candidate, TX

President Biden's EPA seeks to stop gas production in the Permian Basin.

This will raise gas prices EVEN MORE.

This action is completely discretionary.

Biden has the power to stop it.




Image

Image
#15236547
@BlutoSays, and Lurkers,

An article on what you posted included this paragraph.

[q] "If EPA finds that parts of the Permian basin are no longer complying with ambient air quality standards, it would trigger a requirement for affected states to come up with an enforceable plan for reducing ozone-forming emissions. But it would take years for any binding emission limits to go into effect. States first have to develop those plans, go through public comment, and then get them approved by EPA." [/q]

So, as usual, you are believing the Repud spin on the story. It will take years before oil production is effected, not weeks.

I've demanded and you have not yet explained how reductions in oil production 3 years plus from now will effect oil prices NOW.
Until you explain how this can happen, we are going to ignore such claims.

Besides, as I read that paragraph, the states can provide plans to get the ozone air quality in compliance with the standards. It will just cost the oil corps more.

link to story => https://www.argusmedia.com/en/news/2345 ... mian-basin

.

^ We will never know for sure, estimates are abou[…]

Yes about one third of mankind is christian, and a[…]

the Muscovites (mongols) are such low scum .... […]