Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 315 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By late
Igor Antunov wrote:
So none. Russia has that. It needs refineries and steel mills and large populations to drive them.

Russian tanks are just big Ladas...
Igor Antunov wrote:Any warm water ports there? No? Industry? No? Fertile soil? No? Irrelevant.

Yes, Northern Europe and Eastern Europe both have gdps larger than Russia.
JohnRawls wrote:Yes, Northern Europe and Eastern Europe both have gdps larger than Russia.

And qing china had a gdp 20x larger than the uk and france combined in 1850. Your point being?

More interesting is whats happening in donbas and kharkiv. Russia is advancing toward the 2nd biggest city again, and lychansk is almost liberated. Kiev is spinning snake island-a barren rock- being abandoned as a victory, which in light of these developments is copeful propaganda. Another twitter win for ukraine.

Also, EU just cucked on the kaliningrad question. Goods entering the territory via EU will be exempt from sanctions.
By late
Igor Antunov wrote:
1) And qing china had a gdp 20x larger than the uk and france combined in 1850. Your point being?

2) More interesting is whats happening in donbas and kharkiv. Russia is advancing toward the 2nd biggest city again, and lychansk is almost liberated. Kiev is spinning snake island-a barren rock- being abandoned as a victory, which in light of these developments is copeful propaganda. Another twitter win for ukraine.

3) Also, EU just cucked on the kaliningrad question. Goods entering the territory via EU will be exempt from sanctions.

1) Do you have to be that dumb? Excuse me, I'm sorry, of course you do. Wars cost money, the West has tons more than Russia. The fate of Ukraine is part of this, but Russia is going to come out of this in terrible shape, and that's key.

2) This war is all about logistics. The Russian military is so badly organised all it can do is a medieval siege with modern weapons. That's pathetic, but it does compensate for our long and awkward supply chains.

3) Speaking of awkward, acting like Russia was not in the EUs best interests..
Potemkin wrote:“Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster himself. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.” - Friedrich Nietzsche

I never said I am not a monster. But you will need a monster (on your side) to protect who you care from time to time.
Patrickov wrote:I never said I am not a monster. But you will need a monster (on your side) to protect who you care from time to time.

…which was pretty much Chairman Mao’s position too. :)
By Beren
Rugoz wrote:He's only inflexible when it comes to the forced mobilization of Russians. Everything else is on the table.

Everything's on the table but Putin doesn't have an appetite for more, he wants to avoid Russia getting exhausted or destabilised and brought down by this war in the first place. He's looking for an exit, not escalation.
Potemkin wrote:…which was pretty much Chairman Mao’s position too. :)

One difference though: They aim to grab power and lead, which is where the problem is.

The monster thing needs to be done when it needs to be done, but sorry, don't make them to be the ruler.

IMHO Giuseppe Garibaldi was the person who knew this best.
late wrote:1) Do you have to be that dumb? Excuse me, I'm sorry, of course you do. Wars cost money, the West has tons more than Russia. The fate of Ukraine is part of this, but Russia is going to come out of this in terrible shape, and that's key.

2) This war is all about logistics. The Russian military is so badly organised all it can do is a medieval siege with modern weapons. That's pathetic, but it does compensate for our long and awkward supply chains.

3) Speaking of awkward, acting like Russia was not in the EUs best interests..

Russia is making record money on resource sales to the 80% of the planet that doesnt tow the US line. And the ruble is now at 52 to the dollar. tell me again. Russia is spending surplus, while the west bleed debt and now suffers an energy shortage. You have no idea what you're babbling about.

And what is awkard about taking territory every day and inflicting massive casualties on the defenders that are perpetually retreating. Once they run out of cities to hide behind in the more populated east its over for the kiev puppets.
By late
Igor Antunov wrote:
Russia is making record money on resource sales to the 80% of the planet that doesnt tow the US line. And the ruble is now at 52 to the dollar. tell me again. Russia is spending surplus, while the west bleed debt and now suffers an energy shortage. You have no idea what you're babbling about.

And what is awkard about taking territory every day and inflicting massive casualties on the defenders that are perpetually retreating. Once they run out of cities to hide behind in the more populated east its over for the kiev puppets.

Russia is getting money from oil and gas. When those prices go down, Russia will be in serious trouble. (Like the 1980s) The sanctions are putting a massive hurt on the productive part of their economy. Actually, the tech sector was the bright spot, and it may never recover.

It's funny, until recently Russia was getting the crap kicked out of it. Now that Russia is making some progress, you've started using words like "perpetually". You don't know that, neither do I. The crucial part is the West's supply line to Ukraine. Will we keep going? Good question.
Igor Antunov wrote:And qing china had a gdp 20x larger than the uk and france combined in 1850. Your point being?

More interesting is whats happening in donbas and kharkiv. Russia is advancing toward the 2nd biggest city again, and lychansk is almost liberated. Kiev is spinning snake island-a barren rock- being abandoned as a victory, which in light of these developments is copeful propaganda. Another twitter win for ukraine.

Also, EU just cucked on the kaliningrad question. Goods entering the territory via EU will be exempt from sanctions.

Qing China didn't have even the same gdp as UK and not even close the technology in the 19th century.
By Mike12
late wrote:Russia is getting money from oil and gas. When those prices go down, Russia will be in serious trouble. (Like the 1980s) The sanctions are putting a massive hurt on the productive part of their economy. Actually, the tech sector was the bright spot, and it may never recover.

It's funny, until recently Russia was getting the crap kicked out of it. Now that Russia is making some progress, you've started using words like "perpetually". You don't know that, neither do I. The crucial part is the West's supply line to Ukraine. Will we keep going? Good question.

John Wick 3 (James Bond got anti-social and kills 100s of people who killed his dog)
Now he needs asylum. Now he has to use the Russian underground mafia ballet. He already has his ticket which is an Orthodox Cross. Once they take his ticket they have to burn the antichrist brand into his back. Thats how it works.

By Rugoz
Beren wrote:Everything's on the table but Putin doesn't have an appetite for more, he wants to avoid Russia getting exhausted or destabilised and brought down by this war in the first place. He's looking for an exit, not escalation.

Well, good for you that you can read his mind. I see no evidence of that.
If it escalates to World War III . . .

Vladimir Putin ally warns London ‘will be bombed first’ if World War 3 breaks out
‘It’s crystal clear that the threat to the world comes from the Anglo-Saxons,’ Andrey Gurulyov said

Apparently, the music industry has already anticipated that contingency

noemon wrote:Russia overthrew the government of Ukraine in 2014 by actively ordering its PM to u-turn from his own policy of negotiating and finalising a trade agreement with the EU.

Virtually all the prime ministers of Canada have been chosen, manipulated, disciplined, thrown out of office, or told what to do... by the USA - our southern neighbor.

This definitely sucks, but when this is the way the world is being run (by Western oligarchs) then this is the rules other countries must follow if they don't want to be eliminated.

Why would you care about anyone other than Canada and your own personal crusade of anti-western bashing?

The interference-in-smaller-neighbors you mention above is practiced extensively by every Western colonial country. Some of them even consider countries that are thousands of kms away... their back yard to do what they want in.

If you think countries that 'interfere" need to be warred with or sanctioned, I don't disagree with you. But please apply this to our own allies as well, since these are the countries we can actually influence, and our countries (in Europe and other Western nations) are the most powerful forces for violence for the last few centuries.
About Biden's statements.

1. Only Russia is to blame for all the economic troubles of the United States. The Biden administration continues to stand its ground despite growing criticism of such a position within the United States and falling ratings ahead of the midterm elections. They cannot deviate from this line, as this will mean admitting that the administration in the economic field has completely failed, so they will hammer on the topic "Putin is to blame for inflation and rising prices for food, gasoline and gas", just like they hammered the topic earlier "Putin hacked the US election, and Trump is a Kremlin agent." At the same time, no improvements are expected - US residents, according to Biden, "should pay the price as much as necessary."
Let's look at the fruits of this information line in autumn.

2. The US and its satellites will continue to supply weapons to Ukraine.
This is, frankly, not news. Old supplies are gradually being ground down, so new supplies are needed. Their range will obviously expand - they will strive to focus on artillery, MLRS and air defense systems of short and medium range.
All this is an unnecessary reminder that in Ukraine we are at war with the US and NATO, if someone thought it was a "war with Ukraine." Ukraine is just an instrument of American policy here. They expect to use the same tool in the upcoming war for Taiwan, where the puppet government is defiantly heading for a military clash with the PRC.

3. Deliveries of F-16s to Turkey.
Here, the Biden administration actually made a serious concession to Erdogan in order to put pressure on Russia, removing one of the key demands on Erdogan - to abandon the use of the S-400 under the threat of cutting off arms supplies from the United States. This is again a demonstration of the weakening of US influence, when a formal overlord is forced to make concessions to his vassals in order to achieve what he wants. The times of directive control of the world are long gone.

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]

Based on what? On simple economics. and in t[…]