January 6 Hearings LIVE - Page 9 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15236389
Image


Image


Yep. He's grabby!


Image
#15237126
Saeko wrote:Top GOP lawyer says Trump will be indicted.



WHO will be indicted? :D


#15237147
wat0n wrote:So there are more state election officials saying Trump pressured them to overturn their state election results, including plenty of Republicans.

Can't find this story by google. Link?

I'd think 1 is way too many.
#15238260
(This song was written in 1992):

You take a mortal man
And put him in control
Watch him become a god
Watch peoples heads a 'roll

Just like the pied piper
Led rats through the streets
We dance like marionettes
Swaying to the symphony of destruction


#15238322
I think there hasn't been much discussion of this is because, for the sane this is obvious. The moment I found out Roger Stone was hanging out with the extremists (like the Oathbreakers and the Depraved Boys) I knew trouble was brewing. It's all he has ever done.

And the cognitive dissonance among the crazies would lead them to avoid this where they could..

One minor point, a large portion of the Mueller Report was about witness tampering by Trump, something he is still doing.

One last, not so minor point, if all this looks like a mafia investigation, it pretty much is.
#15238323

In fact, neither Biden, nor the Democratic Party did anything to stop the coup. They either cowered in silence or bided their time, waiting to see the outcome. They made no appeal for an outraged public to mobilize and smash the coup. This proves that had the mob succeeded in capturing one or more officials, the Democrats would have capitulated and allowed Trump to remain in powers as dictator-president.

In this hearing, as in all those that have preceded it, the Democrats and their Republican allies such as the neo-con war hawk Liz Cheney have attempted to present the attempted overthrow of the Constitution as the work of one evil individual, Donald Trump. They have sought to cover up the role of the military, the police and the intelligence agencies, within which there was substantial support for the coup.

The Pentagon, headed by hand-picked Trump loyalists, waited for 199 minutes to approve the deployment of D.C National Guard troops to clear the mob from the Capitol. The Capitol police were virtually stood down in advance of the attack and given no reinforcements after it was launched.



https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2022/0 ... z-j13.html
By late
#15238502
Rancid wrote:
When will Trump be arrested already? the evidence is too strong. If we do not arrest him, we are a total shithole like Russia.



This is trickier than it looks.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/donald-trum ... s-congress

There is a link in that article to another that talks about mens rea. Read that, too.
I'm not saying it won't happen, just that it's a lot harder than it looks from the outside. I deeply want to see him in a prison.
User avatar
By Rancid
#15238503
late wrote:
This is trickier than it looks.

https://www.lawfareblog.com/donald-trum ... s-congress

There is a link in that article to another that talks about mens rea. Read that, too.
I'm not saying it won't happen, just that it's a lot harder than it looks from the outside. I deeply want to see him in a prison.


We put away all sorts of people on far less evidence. It's time to show that the office of the president is not above the law.

It's time to maintain the integrity of that office.

LOCK UP TRUMP NOW!
By late
#15238505
Rancid wrote:
We put away all sorts of people on far less evidence. It's time to show that the office of the president is not above the law.

It's time to maintain the integrity of that office.

LOCK UP TRUMP NOW!



Read the article.
#15238682
Well, another confirmation there was no insurrection on Jan 6, from somebody who obviously and with good reason hates Trump a lot:


Jake Tapper: "One doesn’t have to be brilliant to attempt a coup."

John Bolton: "I disagree with that. As somebody who has helped plan coup d’etat, not here, but other places, it takes a lot of work."


They knew the protesters would come. They left hardly anyone at the destination. Just a couple policemen with no backup. They opened the door for the protesters. The protesters had no plan. The politicians started writing about an insurrection just minutes after the protesters started entering. Etc.

Thus, setup.

The US establishment wants to get rid of Trump, plain and simple. They got him in the first place only so he could lose against Clinton.

Even he himself expected to lose.

But then he didnt. And then he tried to make true on his election promises. He tried to end the wars in the near east, and he tried to reunite Korea, and he generally didnt follow the advice of the US elites, but had his own mind, and didnt manage to start new wars either.

Thats why they want to get rid of him.

Thats why we got every lie by Trump analyzed, while they never talk about Biden.

Thats why every time Trump talked with a brutal dictator, it was an exceptional scandal. While nobody complaints about Biden.

Thats why we got told Trump would work with the russians, when basically everybody in Washington has invested in Russia, many (such as the Clintons) with far greater success than Trump.

People told us about Russiagate for four years straight, but there never was evidence. Finally it turned out it actually originated in the Clinton campaign.

This is all bullshit. Trump is the symptom, not the problem. Trump was voted into power because the voters took a chance. Trump is a billionaire who shits on a golden toilet. He is friends with the Clintons. He is the same as everyone else in Washington. They are all this shallow and stupid, they just dont get exposed for it. Heck Biden clearly suffers from dementia, everybody knows it, everybody can see it, and they still act as if it wasnt the case.

Jan 6 is about getting rid of Trump. Thats all.
#15238683
:roll: John Bolton? He was sucking Trump's cock at one point. His opinion is irrelevant.
#15238694
Godstud wrote: :roll: John Bolton? He was sucking Trump's cock at one point. His opinion is irrelevant.

Hardly. He’s an evil sonofabitch, but he’s smart. And he hates and despises Trump. He’s merely pointing out that planning and staging a successful coup d’etat requires intelligence, experience and skill. Trump possesses none of these qualities, which is why his own attempt was a pitiful failure. Bolton is not saying there was no insurrection on Jan 6th; he’s saying that Trump is a fucking idiot.
  • 1
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10

What does that have to do with the price of tea i[…]

I'd be very weary of happiness surveys. And the di[…]

The Taiwan Policy Act

"As China becomes increasingly fixated on its[…]

Balkan and Elections

You occupiers' servant You want Putin to oc[…]