Roe V. Wade to be Overturned - Page 66 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

@Drlee

Why not impeach the judges who lied at their appointment hearings and have Biden replace them with more liberal Justices? It would be a quicker solution to the problems caused by Trump and saves farting around with gerrymandered districts and voters.

:)
Drlee wrote:Yes. But let's see what happened. She was over the allowed time for an abortion. So she traveled to an adjacent state and had her abortion. Suck it up buttercup.

As usual, @Drlee, you've completely failed to understand the wider context and implications of what happened here. What happened here is that a 10 year old girl committed the crime of being raped in a state controlled by the sub-human and savage Red Elephant People. Whether or not the girl or her baby would survive the pregnancy is apparently irrelevant in their legal and moral calculus. In their barbaric brains, the right of the rapist to force a pregnancy on his child victim is paramount.

So she was forced to travel to a state that is less under the thrall of the savage and sub-human Red Elephant People, a more civilized state where 10 year old rape victims are treated more like human beings.

Why are you posting here rather than standing outside of some state congresspersons office raising hell? How much money did you send to democratic politicians this month to try to get them elected to change the law? You are aware that you can send money to other states if you are not in one of these fascist hell holes. But I just KNOW that you already do that. Right?

Well, @Drlee, that's mostly because I am laboring under the logic of capitalism which clearly states that I have to work 8 hours a day to keep this damn roof over my head.

So tired of women wanting equality with men but not willing to do shit to get it.

Oh, no! Poor you with problems that merely taking a nap can solve. Aww... :roll:
Pants-of-dog wrote::|

————————

Here is a Republican explaining why it should be illegal to go out of state for an abortion:

“If you believe as I do that every person deserves dignity and respect and protection whether they’re born or unborn, then of course you want to protect your citizens, no matter where they are,” [Republican state Rep. Mary Elizabeth] Coleman told POLITICO. “If a Missouri resident is hurt, even in Illinois, by a product that they bought in Illinois, there is still jurisdiction for them to sue in a Missouri court because that’s home for them … and this is extending that same kind of thought to abortion jurisprudence.”

And a lawyer who has studied this exact question has this to say:

“There’s no clear precedent saying that states can’t try to regulate out-of-state conduct if it has some effect in-state or if it [involves] one of their citizens,” said David Cohen, a professor of law at Drexel University’s Kline School of Law and co-author of a forthcoming paper in the Columbia Law Review on impending interstate conflicts in abortion law. “What these laws are doing is saying, ‘We have a different understanding of how America works, and that understanding is that if you live in this state, we control you everywhere you are.’”

Hmmm the MO representative is right but only if the business operates in MO, or if the owner's legal representative is somehow in MO and the notice gets served, as far as I'm aware.
Rich wrote:Do you believe that a human life begins at conception?

If you do then the implication is that monozygotic twins should only get one vote to share in an election. I'm not sure what the latest the zygote can split is, but with conjoined twins I think its 3 or 4 weeks. The fact that many Conservatives oppose all terminations including the morning after pill proves the lie that anti abortionism is about the preservation of human lives. Christianity is a religion of hate. All humanity is seen as seen as evil and sinful, undeserving of life, undeserving of their place in this world. But Christianity has a special hatred for women. Christianity believes that women are especially sinful and evil. Adam's great fault was that he listened to his woman. Historically Christians often considered certain races to be more evil and sinful as well. The South African Apartheid state had plausible theological underpinnings as did Black-African slavery by Europeans. Plausible that is as long as you take the religion seriously as a source of truth.

Christianity, like Judaism, Islam and Mormonism is a form of abuse, and its proselytisers should be recognised for the predators that they are. Like most predators they dress up their predatory behaviour under the guise of love. I was forced to go to Church or Sunday School till the age of thirteen, so I know what I'm talking about. i know how Christians operate. I've also met enough Muslims and looked into it enough to have rough idea of the differences and similarities of Islam.

The problem with the abortion rights movement is that its been way too timid, way too lacking in aggression. We need to assert the inalienable right of women to abortions. The great thing about inalienable rights, is that they entitle you to use unlimited force, including lethal force against anyone who seeks to limit the exercise of those rights.

I'm not a hypocrite in this I accept that if you believe the foetus has an inalienable right to life and abortion is murder then bombing abortion clinics would be a reasonable thing to do. In the same way if you believe in traditional Islam, if you are trying to follow the example of the Prophet, who was military leader and genocider, then flying planes into the twin towers was a reasonable thing to do.

What are the differences, again? From what I can see, half the country is a no-go zone for women and girls.
@Saeko

Yeah, I have to agree with you, that's pretty savage to force a 10-year-old little girl who is a victim of rape to have the child of her rapist. What kind of bullshit is that? How can anybody justify that? At the end of the day, we have a Supreme Court that is not in the modern era seeking to interpret the laws based on the problems and situations facing the modern era. The court's ruling did nothing more than relegate women to being second-class citizens.
Politics_Observer wrote:
@Saeko

Yeah, I have to agree with you, that's pretty savage to force a 10-year-old little girl who is a victim of rape to have the child of her rapist. What kind of bullshit is that? How can anybody justify that? At the end of the day, we have a Supreme Court that is not in the modern era seeking to interpret the laws based on the problems and situations facing the modern era. The court's ruling did nothing more than relegate women to being second-class citizens.

Mom needs to get the kid away from the barbarians.

Permanently.
@late @Saeko

Here is an article on that topic. I mean, this is disgusting. First off, what kind of sick fuck would do this to a 10-year-old girl and then to have the state afterward deny the kid an abortion? That shit makes me sick to my stomach. The kid was twice victimized. Raped and then denied her basic human right to an abortion. It makes me sick and disgusted. It's an outrage.

Caroline Vakil of The Hill wrote:A 10-year-old girl was denied an abortion in Ohio after the Supreme Court ruled last week that it was overturning Roe v. Wade, demonstrating the tangible impacts that the high court’s decision is having on patients seeking access to the medical procedure.

A child abuse doctor in Ohio contacted Dr. Caitlin Bernard, an obstetrician-gynecologist in Indiana, after receiving a 10-year-old patient who was six weeks and three days pregnant, the Indianapolis Star reported.

That patient is now heading west to Indiana given that an abortion ban in Ohio, which prohibits the medical procedure when fetal cardiac activity begins, around six weeks, had become effective quickly after the high court issued its decision.

While several groups filed a lawsuit seeking to block the state law from taking effect on Wednesday, an emergency stay of the abortion ban was rejected by the Ohio Supreme Court on Friday, meaning that the ban can be upheld as the case is reviewed, the Cincinnati Enquirer reported.

Ohio is among a number of states that have rolled back abortion access since the Supreme Court eliminated the constitutional right to an abortion. Some laws have been paused pending legal challenges.

But Indiana could soon find itself passing its own abortion law later this month given that a special session has been scheduled for later in July and the legislature is expected to touch on a ban on the medical procedure, WFYI reported.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3 ... n-in-ohio/
Politics_Observer wrote:@late @Saeko

Here is an article on that topic. I mean, this is disgusting. First off, what kind of sick fuck would do this to a 10-year-old girl and then to have the state afterward deny the kid an abortion? That shit makes me sick to my stomach. The kid was twice victimized. Raped and then denied her basic human right to an abortion. It makes me sick and disgusted. It's an outrage.

https://thehill.com/policy/healthcare/3 ... n-in-ohio/

Pants-of-Dog often jokes that America is not a first-world country, but a developing one. I think he is being too generous. America is not even a civilized country let alone a developing one.
The USA is not a developed country in many ways. In fact, the large economy is the only criterion that it consistently attains.

In terms of women’s rights, the rights of pregnant people, bodily autonomy, access to health care, and other factors affecting abortion, the USA is far more like a developing nation. One of the more religious ones.

Now, it seems that pregnant people in Texas and adjoining states will need to travel to Mexico for an abortion.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The USA is not a developed country in many ways. In fact, the large economy is the only criterion that it consistently attains.

In terms of women’s rights, the rights of pregnant people, bodily autonomy, access to health care, and other factors affecting abortion, the USA is far more like a developing nation. One of the more religious ones.

Now, it seems that pregnant people in Texas and adjoining states will need to travel to Mexico for an abortion.

I'm not so sure. I think all this talk of having the "option" to travel somewhere else for an abortion is merely a cover for the effective decriminalization of rape (and child rape) through the effective criminalization of pregnancy. Rape victims and especially child victims will be a hell of a lot less likely to speak out if they think they might come under suspicion of seeking an abortion. ("If you keep quiet, I will pay for an abortion, but if you say anything, you're on your own" type of sicko shit). And I think the barbaric and sub-human Christian Taliban consider this to be a feature of overturning Roe rather than a bug. I can't think of any developing countries that are currently going down this route off the top of my head.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The USA is not a developed country in many ways. In fact, the large economy is the only criterion that it consistently attains.

A developed country is one where everyone has Tinder sex and then they kill the unwanted unborn created as a result, divorce rates and single-parent broken families is high, everyone is depressed/anxious and high on drugs, young men don't leave the house so they can play video games, and young women whore themselves out on Instagram.
Unthinking Majority wrote:A developed country is one where everyone has Tinder sex and then they kill the unwanted unborn created as a result, divorce rates and single-parent broken families is high, everyone is depressed/anxious and high on drugs, young men don't leave the house so they can play video games, and young women whore themselves out on Instagram.

This seems like a Gish gallop of moral judgments.

I am absolutely certain that a great many of the people seeking abortions are less moral than you.

I am equally certain that a great many of the people seeking abortions are more moral than you.

I also think that this is none of my business and that even the most vile and immoral of us should have rights.
Pants-of-dog wrote:This seems like a Gish gallop of moral judgments.

I am absolutely certain that a great many of the people seeking abortions are less moral than you.

I am equally certain that a great many of the people seeking abortions are more moral than you.

I also think that this is none of my business and that even the most vile and immoral of us should have rights.

But should the unborn have rights? The problem with the abortion issue is that it is a conflict of rights between 2 different parties, one of which has no means to advocate for its own rights. No matter what happens legally, someone's rights are going to be trampled.
Unthinking Majority wrote:But should the unborn have rights? The problem with the abortion issue is that it is a conflict of rights between 2 different parties, one of which has no means to advocate for its own rights. No matter what happens legally, someone's rights are going to be trampled.

That's the worst spin of a right I've ever heard of. A right is the privilege for your actions to be permissable or acceptable. You can't grant rights to tissue that i'm aware of. And an absence of rights isn't the suggestion of ball-and-chain, that's a lot of effort, putting the lawbook on somebody.
Unthinking Majority wrote:But should the unborn have rights? The problem with the abortion issue is that it is a conflict of rights between 2 different parties, one of which has no means to advocate for its own rights. No matter what happens legally, someone's rights are going to be trampled.

The unborn should have the same rights as the rest of us.

This, of course, means that the unborn cannot use another person’s body as a life support system without the consent of that person. Just like the rest of us.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The unborn should have the same rights as the rest of us.

This, of course, means that the unborn cannot use another person’s body as a life support system without the consent of that person. Just like the rest of us.

It's getting retarded in here, again.
Mike12 wrote:That's the worst spin of a right I've ever heard of. A right is the privilege for your actions to be permissable or acceptable. You can't grant rights to tissue that i'm aware of. And an absence of rights isn't the suggestion of ball-and-chain, that's a lot of effort, putting the lawbook on somebody.

Aren't you a piece of tissue also, by that odd definition? If you're comparing a fetus to a piece of skin on your cheek I find that odd.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The unborn should have the same rights as the rest of us.

Why is it allowed after a certain # of weeks?
Unthinking Majority wrote:Why is it allowed after a certain # of weeks?

Because people like you have agitated and demanded that unborn people get more rights than the rest of us.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Because people like you have agitated and demanded that unborn people get more rights than the rest of us.

Unborn people? Are you stating the unborn are a person? :D

Pretty clear France will be taking a leading role […]

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]

Yes, and it did not order a ceasefire. Did you ev[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]