Is it a court, or our new junta? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Rancid wrote:I wonder how this new America will treat all the non-white people.

The usual way, @Rancid. “When people show you who they are, believe them the first time.” - Maya Angelou
Sandzak wrote:2040 are the whites the minority.

What do you think January 6 was all about, @Sandzak? Trump told the mob: “You have to fight like hell, or you won’t have a country!” What do you think he meant by that, @Sandzak?
Potemkin wrote:America was always a shithole backwater, a nation founded on Indian bones and Black slave labour. Even when it reluctantly inherited the mantle of the British Empire as the world’s leading superpower, most of its population remain profoundly ignorant of and indifferent towards the rest of the world. America is merely rediscovering its inward soul, its true self. It is reverting to type, as it inevitably must. China will take its place as the world’s leading hegemonic superpower, and most Americans will barely even notice or care….

Am I really supposed to believe most Chinese, or British for that matter, are not profoundly ignorant of and indifferent towards the rest of the world as well? :eh:
White 'Americans' are the new Palestinians it seems. Open discussion about replacing them and usurping their country. Genocide by today's looser definition, no?

Why can Hispanics and Africans protect their imported identity, but white conservative christian Americans (the group that founded the country and wrote the constitution) cannot?
Igor Antunov wrote:White 'Americans' are the new Palestinians it seems. Open discussion about replacing them and usurping their country. Genocide by today's looser definition, no?

Why can Hispanics and Africans protect their imported identity, but white conservative christian Americans (the group that founded the country and wrote the constitution) cannot?

Why can't the white people stop calling themselves white people. They are either Romanian, Irish, English, Russian, Polish, German, Finnish, Swedish, Welsh, Scottish, and the list is endless in the USA. But they gave up their ethnic identity for a generic meaningless term called white, then they told the Africans from Western Africa who were all specific groups who spoke many languages like Mende, Bantu, Yoruba, Ibu, etc and told them, forget who you are, forget your name, your country, your customs, just become John, Mary or some White name that we don't even really use either....and invent yourself in America, the land of the people who forget their roots because we are ashamed of our poverty and our low class origins.

Reinvent yourself and become a generic American.

When you refuse to forget your roots? You become a weird American. Or you become like Igor A. here...living in Australia but obsessed with a Russian identity. What is living in Australia like @Igor Antunov? A proud ex prison-penal colony of the British crown? Filled with people with shady pasts? What does this mean? :lol: :D
ckaihatsu wrote:It's not really a constitutional crisis, though -- that was averted by denying the coup to Trump.

Indeed, Pence's not rogue, he's just radical, strictly within constitutional frameworks. I guess he's also more methodical and thorough, which can also make him more effective in the long term, while Trump was rather like fireworks (spectacular but ineffective). A Bavarian from New York.

Tainari88 wrote:Why can't the white people stop calling themselves white people. They are either Romanian, Irish, English, Russian, Polish, German, Finnish, Swedish, Welsh, Scottish, and the list is endless in the USA. But they gave up their ethnic identity for a generic meaningless term called white, then they told the Africans from Western Africa who were all specific groups who spoke many languages like Mende, Bantu, Yoruba, Ibu, etc and told them, forget who you are, forget your name, your country, your customs, just become John, Mary or some White name that we don't even really use either....and invent yourself in America, the land of the people who forget their roots because we are ashamed of our poverty and our low class origins.

Reinvent yourself and become a generic American.

When you refuse to forget your roots? You become a weird American. Or you become like Igor A. here...living in Australia but obsessed with a Russian identity. What is living in Australia like @Igor Antunov? A proud ex prison-penal colony of the British crown? Filled with people with shady pasts? What does this mean? :lol: :D

Ah yes, the old divide and conquerino. 'Melting pot' Identities are only allowed when they serve to fracture and weaken the undesirables, right? We can't let people of European decent associate in the US, right?

Then by all means, go ahead, by this same measure we should divide African-Americans by their imported cultures and origins, not allow them to group into a meta-culture either. Of course, you could argue Africans have no originating cultures of their own as you're alluding to (muh lost culture due to muh opressionz)...all that unites them in the US is a shared melanin content...but that's not true, right?

I'd argue the Irish in America have an equally tragic origin story. And yet they don't mind being conservative, catholic white Americans. Why do you mind on their behalf?

Igor A. here...living in Australia but obsessed with a Russian identity. What is living in Australia like @Igor Antunov? A proud ex prison-penal colony of the British crown? Filled with people with shady pasts? What does this mean? :lol: :D

My location is coincidental. It could just as easily have been Canada, we had a choice. We chose here because the weather is warmer (boy was that a mistake-I'll take the cold). As for my identity, I'm 100% White European 1st, Slavic 2nd. I'm not Australian, such an identity doesn't exist, such a culture doesn't exit. It's just a bunch of drunk brits prancing around calling themselves a random label. Identical food and lifestyle as those in the UK, with more beaches and dry days.
BlutoSays wrote:You have a persecution complex.

Easy for you to say, Mr Jan 6 supporter & coup defender. You want to rip up the constitution because you feel threatened. Your feelings, of all things.
Beren wrote:
Indeed, Pence's not rogue, he's just radical, strictly within constitutional frameworks. I guess he's also more methodical and thorough, which can also make him more effective in the long term, while Trump was rather like fireworks (spectacular but ineffective). A Bavarian from New York.

You're only echoing the 'mainstream' / corporate media on this one, though, unfortunately, which is to do 'character development' / human-interest around Pence, instead of addressing it *politically*. The media would rather 'celebritize' the whole thing away into 'trading cards' around the palace coup itself.

So I'll politely demur -- we can readily ask why Trump *still* isn't behind bars, and how coup-plotters are treated in this country, how elections are run, etc.
ckaihatsu wrote:You're only echoing the 'mainstream' / corporate media on this one, though, unfortunately, which is to do 'character development' / human-interest around Pence, instead of addressing it *politically*. The media would rather 'celebritize' the whole thing away into 'trading cards' around the palace coup itself.

So I'll politely demur -- we can readily ask why Trump *still* isn't behind bars, and how coup-plotters are treated in this country, how elections are run, etc.

Is this really the language you commonly use? How about switching to plain English?
ckaihatsu wrote:Um, what issue do you have, exactly, with what I wrote?

You use too many jargons and / or figurative expressions.

Not everybody can get a hold of what you intend to say because not everybody interpret the said jargons and / or figurative expressions the same way as you do.
Patrickov wrote:
You use too many jargons and / or figurative expressions.

Not everybody can get a hold of what you intend to say because not everybody interpret the said jargons and / or figurative expressions the same way as you do.

Okay, I'll rephrase -- what's to prevent *the next guy* from doing a coup, the next time there's a presidential election? Looks pretty low-risk, high-reward to me.
ckaihatsu wrote:
Okay, I'll rephrase -- what's to prevent *the next guy* from doing a coup, the next time there's a presidential election? Looks pretty low-risk, high-reward to me.

They're making it so they can cheat enough at the state level that they won't need to.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

is it you , Moscow Marjorie ? https://exte[…]

This year, Canada spent more paying interest on it[…]

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachment[…]

On the epidemic of truth inversion

Environmental factors and epigenetic expressions […]