Is it a court, or our new junta? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

late wrote:
They're making it so they can cheat enough at the state level that they won't need to.

'They' -- ?

Aren't you some kind of *insider* -- ?

You're merely going along with the establishment hand-wringing over this, instead of being more like Liz Cheney, at least.
ckaihatsu wrote:
It's a risk I take *every time* I write. (grin)

late wrote:
A lot of the guys can't.

I can, but it's a waste of time.

Everything that can be expressed, can be fully depicted in either words or pictures -- Wilde, as I recall.
ckaihatsu wrote:It's a risk I take *every time* I write. (grin)

It wasn't like that the last time, you were comprehensible. What's changed since then? Maybe you take something else than risk too sometimes? Or rather regularly perhaps.
Beren wrote:
It wasn't like that the last time, you were comprehensible. What's changed since then? Maybe you take something else than risk too sometimes? Or rather regularly perhaps.

Hey, you're not laughing-along, so *whatever* to you.

If you want a *specific* response from me you're going to have to provide *specifics*. All *you're* doing is belly-aching over wording, for friction (to make 'political hay').

Back on-topic, it's obvious now that there's *no representation* in the (bourgeois) government for any abortion rights or anti-fascism.
Beren wrote:
What's your point? I only mean to convince you to use plain human English. Are you able and willing to do that?

I'm going to have to call you 'Mister' now.

Okay, Mr. Beren, I am able and willing to use plain human English.

Where are you going for your victory party?
ckaihatsu wrote:I'm going to have to call you 'Mister' now.

Okay, Mr. Beren, I am able and willing to use plain human English.

If you need to call me mister for that, so be it. You should rephrase your previous posts in plane human English perhaps.
Beren wrote:
If you need to call me mister for that, so be it. You should rephrase your previous posts in plane human English perhaps.

As I said before, the possibility of your not-comprehending is a risk I'm willing to take. Have a seat.
Beren wrote:

Doubt he could, if he wanted to. He likes his castle in the cloud..
Beren wrote:

late wrote:
Doubt he could, if he wanted to. He likes his castle in the cloud..

At least you're both taking a stand. It's more than *many* do these days.

Here's the purported 'castle in the cloud' (Miyazaki, right?) (grin), in black-and-white:

labor credits framework for 'communist supply & demand'

Spoiler: show

https://web.archive.org/web/20201211050 ... ?p=2889338
ckaihatsu wrote:
the three branches of the U.S. government are quite *detached* and *institutionalized*, away from the political sentiment / demands of the people

viewtopic.php?p=15236605#p15236605

---

Supreme Court Judge Samuel Alito said of the disparity between the people's needs and the SCOTUS decision, "The judicial branch derives its legitimacy, not from following public opinion, but from deciding by its best lights."

https://mailchi.mp/fightbacknews.org/20 ... de79fb44fe
ckaihatsu wrote:ckaihatsu wrote:

the three branches of the U.S. government are quite *detached* and *institutionalized*, away from the political sentiment / demands of the people

viewtopic.php?p=15236605#p15236605

---

Supreme Court Judge Samuel Alito said of the disparity between the people's needs and the SCOTUS decision, "The judicial branch derives its legitimacy, not from following public opinion, but from deciding by its best lights."

https://mailchi.mp/fightbacknews.org/20 ... de79fb44fe

While I sort of agree with Alito when it comes to new issues that he needs to vote based on his best view of the case, I totally disagree with him when it comes to overturning precedents and throwing out stari decisis. He is just asserting that all the Repub Justices who voted for those precedents were totally wrong when they voted in what Alito asserts was an agregiously wrong way.

Besides which, those 3 to 5 all stated under oath to get that lifetime job that they would not think like that. And then the 1st chance they got, they did think like that. They should be impeached. Convicted. And, replaced.

Or, since that is impossible, the court should be unpacked.

Steve_American wrote:
While I sort of agree with Alito when it comes to new issues that he needs to vote based on his best view of the case, I totally disagree with him when it comes to overturning precedents and throwing out stari decisis. He is just asserting that all the Repub Justices who voted for those precedents were totally wrong when they voted in what Alito asserts was an agregiously wrong way.

Besides which, those 3 to 5 all stated under oath to get that lifetime job that they would not think like that. And then the 1st chance they got, they did think like that. They should be impeached. Convicted. And, replaced.

Or, since that is impossible, the court should be unpacked.

'Unpacked' is a bit *vague*, though -- you're suggesting *reformism* of some kind, as though a little turn of a screw or bolt here or there would put everything back as it should be.

*I* happen to read this treatment as 'justices can be reactionary idealists once appointed, if they like', so obviously it's a *systemic* issue. I don't think there's any real reformist way-forward at this point, despite your vague reformist sentiments.

It's a *class institution*, representing *class* interests, to oppress women (etc.), so there has to be a *class* response -- anything else now, as from international populist movements, is just too lacking for historically-underdeveloped countries, and now demonstrably for the U.S. as well. (Banana-republic-type realities in the First World.)

History, Macro-Micro -- simplified

ckaihatsu wrote:'Unpacked' is a bit *vague*, though -- you're suggesting *reformism* of some kind, as though a little turn of a screw or bolt here or there would put everything back as it should be.

*I* happen to read this treatment as 'justices can be reactionary idealists once appointed, if they like', so obviously it's a *systemic* issue. I don't think there's any real reformist way-forward at this point, despite your vague reformist sentiments.

It's a *class institution*, representing *class* interests, to oppress women (etc.), so there has to be a *class* response -- anything else now, as from international populist movements, is just too lacking for historically-underdeveloped countries, and now demonstrably for the U.S. as well. (Banana-republic-type realities in the First World.)

History, Macro-Micro -- simplified

I'm surprised that you don't know the history of "packing" the USSC. FDR threatened to do it, and the court improved. And, he didn't have to votes to do it.

OK, "packing the court" refers to adding Justices to the SC to change the majority vote when you don't like the current majority for some reason. I'm following those who have asserted that the Repuds have packed the court by violating norms to steal 2 Justice's seats from Dem Presidents. And, every Repud Justice on the court now lied to the Senate to get confirmed.

Sir, unpacking the court will be hard enough. Rewriting the Constitution is totally off the table.

However, I'm open to ideas. I have suggested that we return to the system that required a 2/3 vote to confirm Justices and maybe Judges. There would need to be a tiebreaker rule. though. The Repuds have already shown a willingness to refuse to confirm anyone. There needs to be a way around that somehow.
Last edited by Steve_American on 06 Jul 2022 14:58, edited 1 time in total.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]

You are a supporter of the genocide against the P[…]

Before he was elected he had a charity that he wo[…]

Candace Owens

... Too bad it's not as powerful as it once was. […]