American voters, you have been given fair warning, either you're MAGA or you're for democracy. - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15213170
BlutoSays wrote:Well, your humble opinion is wrong as usual.

You worry about bailing out "banksters", meanwhile your progressive wing of attorney generals bail out murderers, those who commit assault, rapists and other violent criminals within 48 hours.

You import poverty from the border, unchecked as per federal law set by congress, and yet don't even demand vaccinations or proof of such from them, but demand it for the citizenry at the point of threatening the livelihood of those who don't comply.

Don't lecture anyone on voting rights while you mail out unsolicited ballots, hide prefilled ballots under tables and run them through machines again and again, do 3AM ballot dumps and demand that poll observers stand 60 feet away from election counters to "observe". You democrats, enabled by Marc Elais and the Perkins Coie democrat party law firm, successfully went state by state and changed election law in 2019 through the back door with Secretaries of State and judges changing election laws to your favor, rather than the State Legislatures changing election law as per the U.S. Constitution.

Screw your climate change and health care for all narratives. They're all about redistributing income through government forced demand and mandates, where there is no natural demand from the market.

Four more SCOTUS judges to get your way? I think not. But at least you show your iron-fisted tyrannical side yet again.

You are correct - the 17th amendment changed the state legislatures from voting for senators to a popular vote for senators and that was a very bad idea. Why? Because U.S. senators are supposed to represent THEIR individual states on the federal stage on state issues and treaties. The state legislatures knew those issues well, and they voted for their two best people to represent their state on state issues in Washington DC through the federal legislature. With the 17th amendment, the citizenry no longer votes for representation of state issues at the federal level; they vote for a PARTY apparatchik at the federal, just as they do for the House of Representatives. The outcomes have been atrocious with a take it or leave it all party platform (R or D) result on every issue, just as the House of Representatives has. Terrible backward thinking.

You apparently think those are good things. You had no mandate in 2019. In fact, you democrats lost seats in the congress in 2019 elections. Progressives will be punished and you'll be shown the door in November.

No ideas will be "locked in" and no science will be "settled" because you want to stop anyone from questioning your authority. You, Steve_American are as unAmerican as they come.

November will end very well, with you liberals defanged from causing further damage. Rampant inflation, leaving $85 Billion in military hardware to the Taliban (and our nation-state adversaries to capture and reverse engineer that hardware to our detriment), leaving people to be executed in Afghanistan, showing weakness on the international stage which led to the Ukraine situation (and probably Taiwan upcoming also), threatening people to stay quiet by using Covid as an excuse by the administrative state of unelected bureaucrats to silence the populace to comply with your control-freak mandates, rampant censorship of competing ideas, pushing ideological Critical Race Theory in schools rather than educating students in what they need to succeed, violence all over our cities like never before, etc., etc., etc.

Getting you leftists the hell outta Washington can't come quickly enough.


You, Bluto, and I totally disagree.
Your Big lie is backed by very close to absolutely zero evidence that could be admitted in the 60 courts of law where suits were filed in 2020 after the election. Many of the judges had even been appointed by Trump. He lost every single case except one that limited late arriving mail-in ballots to being just 3 days late.

Colo mail a ballot to every registered voter because we decided to do it that way.

Frankly your insult doesn't sting at all. Why? Because I hold such a low opinion of MAGA people.

I hope you are wrong about the next 2 elections. But, I have been disappointed in the American voters' choices since Reagan. So, I will not be surprised either way.

.
#15224809
GOP Plans To ‘Take The Next Election Regardless Of Who Wins’ Harvard Constitutional Scholar Says. Just 11.3 min.long.

Widely respected Republican retired Federal Judge J. Michael Luddig and liberal constitutional expert Lawrence Tribe show us again that Repds and Trumpers are intending to steal the 2024 election.
We must not let this happen. Vote in 2022 for Progressives in the Primaries and for the Dem in the General election.

The Repuds must be thrown out on their asses in 2022



.
#15225489
Now that the leaked draft of the USSC draft of its ruling on Roe v Wade has come to light, and has shown the total lack of integrity in the Repud Party, I can say again, "American Voters, you have been given fair warning, do not vote for any Repud candidate at any level of gov. for at least the next 5 years.

These 5 Justice all lied to be confirmed. I know it and you know it. If a USSC Justice is willing to lie to you to get raised to a high office, why would not every Repud candidate lie to get elected to heir high office?

I have posted many links to experts who have told you that the Repuds are intending to steal future elections by any means necessary. This includes the state legislatures just throwing out the vote and declaring the loser the winner because of voting fraud for which they have zero evidence that they could use in a court of law. Yes, they have some sort of evidence, but it was so worthless that every court laughed at them for presenting it.

Independents, it is you duty to make the effort to find the facts and then act one them the next several times you can vote in any and all elections. Never stay home.

Dems, you have a duty to go and vote in every election.

If you-all don't di your duty, democracy in the US will end. It is up to you.
.
#15229374
Rancid wrote:I think it's too late. MAGA morons will take over and turn the US into a Russia style shit hole.


I hate to say it but I really think the two should not be mutually exclusive. I support both. What you all say about "MAGA morons" are only wrong in their way to interpret and implement the concept.

America (or the Five Eyes) has to be great or the world will all be trampled by Russia and China.
#15231176
Two more reports about Repud plans to steal the election this year.

Republicans Reportedly Organizing To Disrupt Elections With Poll Watchers, Poll Workers



.

Tapes Obtained By Politico Reveal GOP Plan To Contest Elections

Yes it is.
Remove the [==] and paste it into your borwser.
https://www.you[==]tube.com/watch?v=yxMwimF5wMI&list=TLPQMDIwNjIwMjLgfu7VItByAw&index=2



11059 views now
.
#15231180
Steve_American wrote:Two more reports about Repud plans to steal the election this year.

Republicans Reportedly Organizing To Disrupt Elections With Poll Watchers, Poll Workers



.

Tapes Obtained By Politico Reveal GOP Plan To Contest Elections

Yes it is.
Remove the [==] and paste it into your borwser.
https://www.you[==]tube.com/watch?v=yxMwimF5wMI&list=TLPQMDIwNjIwMjLgfu7VItByAw&index=2



11059 views now
.

General Sulla has announced that the suspension of elections for the duration of the Proscription will only be a temporary measure until order is restored. General Marius was unavailable for comment. :excited:
#15233119
When you have a political platform that is unpopular, mostly because it is based on hatred because it has precluded the idea that any positive change is possible, you will correctly recognize that democracy is an obstacle that must be overcome to seize political power.

Sorry. I mean, hurr durr HUNTER'S LAPTOP Burisma Chinese bamboo ballots.
#15236564
Presidential Historian, Michael Beschloss, Breaks Down 'The Week That Changed America'.

Another expert on US history is saying his hair is on fire and we had better wake up to the risk.

He said that the USSC has abandoned gradualism and gone for broke to remake America into the nation that they want, even though a pretty small minority want that America.

He said, "We may have seen out last fair Presidential election" 18 months ago.



.
#15236879
SpecialOlympian wrote:When you have a political platform that is unpopular, mostly because it is based on hatred because it has precluded the idea that any positive change is possible, you will correctly recognize that democracy is an obstacle that must be overcome to seize political power.

Sorry. I mean, hurr durr HUNTER'S LAPTOP Burisma Chinese bamboo ballots.


The issue is, too many Americans are asleep at the wheel and don't seem to understand the danger America is in due to Republicans and MAGA morons. They will realize it when its too late.
#15236903
Rancid wrote:The issue is, too many Americans are asleep at the wheel and don't seem to understand the danger America is in due to Republicans and MAGA morons. They will realize it when its too late.


Yes exactly.

However, the bigger problem is that almost *all* Dem Party leaders are in that group.

At least, if we go by their public statements.

Manchin and Sinema (sp?) have said that they will not change the filibuster rule.

.
#15237328
If the current SC has clearly demonstrated that it is willing to ignore stare decisis, then it can overrule several precedents made by the USSC.

The Constitution says:
"The Times, Places and Manner of holding Elections for Senators and Representatives, shall be prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof; but the Congress may at any time by Law make or alter such Regulations, except as to the Places of chusing (sic) Senators."

The article linked below says"
"By its terms, Article I, Section 4, Clause 1, also contemplates the times, places, and manner of holding elections being “prescribed in each State by the Legislature thereof,” subject to alteration by Congress (except as to the place of choosing Senators). However, the Court did not have occasion to address what constitutes regulation by a state “Legislature” for purposes of the Elections Clause until its 2015 decision in Arizona State Legislature v. Arizona Independent Redistricting Commission.1 There, the Court rejected the Arizona legislature’s challenge to the validity of the Arizona Independent Redistricting Commission (AIRC) and AIRC’s 2012 map of congressional districts.2 "

https://www.law.cornell.edu/constitutio ... -elections
_______________________________________.____________________________


Another explanation of why this matters.


.
#15237967
Beau of the Fifth Column's reasons to vote for only Dems this year.

It is because letting your disappointment in the Dems make you not vote to punish the Dems doesn't punish them.



It punishes your fellow Americans who's rights will be stripped away faster.

So, if you do this, you should look the women and LGBTQ people you know in the eye and explain why *you* did that to them.





.
#15237970
"Rudderless, aimless and hopeless" is how one member of Congress described the White House.

Two dozen leading Democratic politicians and operatives, as well as several within the West Wing, tell CNN they feel this goes deeper than questions of ideology and posture. Instead, they say, it gets to questions of basic management. - CNN

- - - - -

For many Democrats, however, it was too little and too late — just one more example over the two weeks in which Biden and his team struggled to come up with a muscular plan of action on abortion rights, even though the Supreme Court ruling had been presaged two months earlier with the leak of a draft opinion. - The Washington Post

- - - - -

"Hillary Clinton 'Thrilled' To Have President Obama's Endorsement" - NPR , June 9, 2016


:lol:
#15238469
If the Dems want the voters to "vote harder", then they need to get off their fat asses and FIGHT HARDER.
If they don't then, history will blame the Dems for being too timid to act to save American Democracy. Yes, I have zero doubt that the Repuds will end democracy if the Dems don't act; and so, as a direct result, just enough voters stay home.


FAILURE IS NOT AN OPTION.!!

Step one is to pass into law the bill to UNPACK the court. Then fight to keep the Senate so they can confirm 4 justices, either before New Year or early next year. This is step one because it looks possible/likely that the Repuds may take control of the House.
Step 2 is to forgive a lot of student debt.
Step 3 is to do something to resist Dobbs, aka protect Roe v Wade.
And others.

Again, it says the video is not available. To see it remove the [==] and paste it into your browser.

By The Humanist Report; Nina Turner Drags Joe Biden on CNN For Failing Voters and Refusing to Fight

https://www.you[==]tube.com/watch?v=iOWv62af_QQ&list=TLPQMTQwNzIwMjK9R3R1n-DvDQ&index=2

.

In my opinion, these verdicts against him seem to[…]

Poetry and Propaganda

Author Yiyun Li recounted how, at age 18, she wrot[…]

I Was Wrong About Inflation

Those damn commies in the gubmint.... :roll: S[…]