Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 322 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Sandzak wrote:... everything lost

Nothing is lost.

The Russian oil just costs Europe more as it goes through a middle-man.

Concerns grow that India is ‘back door’ into Europe for Russian oil

Volume of Russian crude bought and then exported by India suggests some of it may end up in European petrol stations

— Guardian newspaper, 26 June 2022

:)
By Beren
Tainari88 wrote:No, you underestimate a lot of people. Especially women and people's who's culture you deem inferior. For me those are not great thinkers. At all...you taciturn Hungarian. :D

So I underestimate you because I'm racist and sexist, thus I can't be a great thinker. At least you didn't post an essay this time. :up:

However, I actually give a chance to anyone.
ingliz wrote:The Russian oil just costs Europe more as it goes through a middle-man.

While its true that the EU is not yet in the state that the USA is in, where people cannot handle any further inflation at all, this still is a huge problem for people of low income.

And it doesnt solve the problem with getting gas from Russia, which we cannot get indirectly simply because gas pilelines are kind of a huge deal to build.
Wels wrote:Will Putin stop if or better when he has captured the Donbas?
I doubt it. But even if, it will only be a temporary armistice :hmm:

Perhaps Putin captures the rest of Donetsk Oblast while Ukraine takes back the rest of Kharkiv Oblast and pushes back the Russians behind the Dnipro river in Kherson, then an armistice may come. Temporary or not, we'll see.

BBC wrote:Mr Putin was seen telling Defence Minister Sergei Shoigu that troops who took part in the campaign to capture Luhansk should "rest and develop their combat capabilities".

:lol:
By ingliz
Negotiator wrote:this still is a huge problem for people of low income

Actions have consequences.

Germany/EU was stupid enough to follow the US, whose only foreign policy tool is a hammer, and every problem is a nail.

They cut their own throats.

I have no sympathy for their predicament.

:|
By Rich
The British sanctions policy is a cuck's policy.

Russia is only a very minor threat to Britain. Its much more of a threat to the US empire. Obviously its a major threat to Eastern European countries. The sanctions policy against Russian oil and Gas and other primary resources is potentially hugely expensive for Britain, while it potentially could mean huge profits for the United States, Canada and other major primary resource producers. So unless there's a serious attempt to redistribute the profits that the US and Canadians are raking in from the sanctions I'm not willing to support them.

I'm more sympathetic to the supply of weapons, but even here, we risk being taking for cucks by the Liberal elite. if we are serious about Ukrainian sovereignty then the sensible thing is for the US to give Ukraine some nuclear weapons and maybe Poland too.
By Beren
Rich wrote:if we are serious about Ukrainian sovereignty then the sensible thing is for the US to give Ukraine some nuclear weapons and maybe Poland too.

Why did you have to spoil it with that?
Beren wrote:Why did you have to spoil it with that?

@Rich always follows his thoughts to their logical conclusion @Beren, even when it is not sensible (or even sane) to do so. :)
Seems Russia ran short of soldiers early

https://dayan.org/content/mercenary-fig ... gner-group

ingliz wrote:Actions have consequences.
Germany/EU was stupid enough to follow the US, whose only foreign policy tool is a hammer, and every problem is a nail. [...]

Europe did NOT follow the US, they built gas pipelines with Russia. They only woke up in february '22.
And these are the consequences
Last edited by Wels on 05 Jul 2022 12:27, edited 1 time in total.
annatar1914 wrote:So you trust polls in a conflict zone(sponsored and administered by whom, the SBU ?) which buttresses your confirmation bias. No surprise there.

Feel free to present your own polls instead of sticking to your delusions. My "bias" is the consequence of this reality on the ground. The only region in Ukraine that was firmly pro-Russian was Crimea.

Here's a poll on EU membership before the war.
https://kyivindependent.com/national/su ... ng-eu-nato

And here's a poll about the status of LNR/DNR conducted in the non-occupied Donbas in 2016/2019:

https://www.zois-berlin.de/en/publicati ... 16-to-2019
Wels wrote:in february '22

Actions have consequences.

Germany/EU was stupid enough to follow the US, whose only foreign policy tool is a hammer and every problem is a nail, in Feb '22.

Merkel would have told the US to fuck off and fight their own war.

:lol:
annatar1914 wrote:I am a Communist.

You probably mean one of those religious Christian communists right? Certainly not a communist in the Marxist sense. Marx hated imperialist Russia, and Putin hates Lenin.

Also, a communist would never have Santa Claus or whatever other religious figure as an avatar, and certainly never use reactionary pro-Russian imperialist historical terms like novorossiya.

There's a reason why they call them progressives, because they look towards the future, never towards the past as you do with your ambitions for a revitalised tsarist russia.

And again, for everybody's information, in the last two years of the war in the Donbass, only around 10 civilians died. It's a tragedy of course, but not a genocide like pro-putinists like to claim, while the majority of the people from that region hate Russia now. It's not an accident that the majority of them were travelling thousands of kilometres to escape into Europe instead of travelling the short distance required into Russia.

There's also a video floating around that I can post here of a swastika bearing Nazi actually recruiting people as cannon fodder within DPR territory. So much for denazification when Russia is using Nazis to recruit people.
Last edited by Szabo on 05 Jul 2022 14:30, edited 2 times in total.
It seems to be a new trend of fascist right-wingers especially pro-Russian ones to be using "communism" as a front for their fascist reactionism.

Desperate commies are happy for anyone to pretend join their ranks.
Wels wrote:Nato was created because Russia was a direct threat to all the nations that existed east of the soviet border after WW2.

And since NATO now includes the countries that killed 20 million Russians, you can see why these countries would feel permanently "threatened" by blowback or balancing.

Knowing how many people were killed in the USSR in WW2... means that Russia should definitely not let NATO get any closer than some muddy field where NATO soldiers could freeze to death without harming any Russians.

But all we know how to do is expand... like a balloon attached to a dryer vent.
QatzelOk wrote:And since NATO now includes the countries that killed 20 million Russians, you can see why these countries would feel permanently "threatened" by blowback or balancing.

Knowing how many people were killed in the USSR in WW2... means that Russia should definitely not let NATO get any closer than some muddy field where NATO soldiers could freeze to death without harming any Russians.

But all we know how to do is expand... like a balloon attached to a dryer vent.

And now they are killing the people who stood beside them during WW2. Of the 25-ish million Soviet deaths, roughly 14 of those were Russians and 7 Ukranians.

The Russians are paranoid and I sympathize with that, far more than I do American paranoia. But they are causing this expansion, not the US.
By Beren
MadMonk wrote:And now they are killing the people who stood beside them during WW2.

Whereas they'd mean to be BFFs with Germany, the main perpetrator of WW2 that meant to annihilate Russia. :lol:
-German economy is dead, literally no longer functional
-other EU states are paying/subsidizing industries to cease production
-Euro is collapsing, energy prices have jumped by 100% in 30 days
-Russia has revoked a 1920's settlement agreement and maritime delineation treaty with Norway due to the latter's refusal to allow Russia to supply a Russian settlement on Svalbard - Russia has massive military superiority in this region so good luck with that NATO
-More Settlements in Donbass have been captured
-US is rotting from within, half the population is engaged in cold war with other half, another high profile mass shooting (this time perpetrated by antifa), more geriatric leadership - in desperation Bidet is about to remove all technology tariffs on China.
-Speaking of technology, China has released a 16 core, 16nm domestic consumer x86 processor that matches AMD's Zen 1 performance per core, ushering in a new era of Chinese independence from western chip designs in the consumer space. It will be shrunk to an 8nm process in its iteration next year. These processors will be exported to Russia and other markets.

Globohomo is officially doomed. Map related. West is isolated from the world.

Also this trailer is kino, documentary chronicles the liberation of Mariupol by an embedded journalist accompanying a republican militia unit, coming later in july:

Also I'm pretty certain by now that the novavax vaccine, like the rest, has made me permanently sick. It's clearly not what they say it is. They lied. Everyone in my family is now sick after being vaxxed with nova/astra/pfizer. Literally for months, non stop, sick. I was fine for 2 years prior to the vax. I'll be having a long, intimate talk with godstud about that. He will publicly repent for his bullshit. He will bend the knee and so will the rest of you vaxtards.

Helping Ukraine to defeat the Russian invasion an[…]

https://twitter.com/huwaidaarraf/status/1773389663[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

What wat0n is trying to distract from: https://tw[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://twitter.com/KimDotcom/status/1773436787622[…]