UK PM Boris Johnson resigns - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

When Boris was mayor of London, he was a guest on Top Gear. A first rate education in a 2nd rate mind.

This may be an example of the Peter Principle, you keep rising until you reach a level at which you are incompetent. He may have been a fine mayor, but he was a genuinely awful PM.

Last edited by late on 07 Jul 2022 17:04, edited 1 time in total.
Boris clearly demonstrates the superiority of the British system over the American one. No separately elected President. Boris has repeatedly had to apologise when caught out lying, he hasn't been able to create his own alternative reality like Trump. I notice some Tories are whining like bitches that Boris is remaining as Prime Minister while there is along Conservative leadership election. They only have themselves to blame for introducing these stupid American style primaries. Note even the Americans are not stupid enough to make their House and Senate party leaders elected by primaries.

Boris made Brexit happen. This was a great achievement regardless of whether you consider Brexit a good idea. If you don't like Brexit blame the Liberal Democrats. They were first major party to support an in /out referendum. They did this as an anti democratic ruse to avoid having a referendum on the Lisbon treaty, because they feared the establishment would lose that vote. If the British people had been allowed to vote down Lisbon, which was voted down by other countries electorates anyway, Brexit would almost certainly not have happened.

The great dream of the British elite was to get Turkey into the EU and flood Europe with tens of millions more Muslims. Yes even Borsi Johnson was fanatically committed to this. But the British elite knew they would never get this past a British referendum hence there determination to avoid giving the British people a direct say on European questions.

On the pandemic, Boris had little choice but to capitulate to the the lockdown lovers. it is a testament to the strength of character of Boris that he never attempted to keep to the stupid rules his government was pressured into introducing. I opposed Lockdowns from the start. However I had a problem, because a lot of cretins thought that I therefore opposed any rules and any change to behaviour to deal with the pandemic. I must say a complete ban on work place alcohol consumption for the duration of the pandemic is a rule I would have supported.
Forced to resign after endless scandals and incompetence, less than 3 years after a massive election win with large majority,. Totally lost the support of his own party who really got rid off because basic lack of credibility. This was not a matter of prinople the tories have known all along what a dishonest chancer Boris was, they backed him because they thought he could win elections, now they are getting rid of him because they know he is slowly but surely trashing the conservative brand and building up a massive dislike in the country that will make winning the next election very very hard. (and Labour has not been very good and have remain a pretty shakey political ensemble)

He was monumental of ego, corruption and dishonesty overseeing cabinets of less talent or basic integrity , the conservatives are a sorry lot, but in the end they saw he was leading the party to destruction, the state of the country had no impact on the decision making.

It;s hard to see the next leader being worse, but you never know.
Oh please. He did not make brexit happen. It’s a complete and utter disaster.

The economy has tanked because of him.

Yet people still can’t see it. They believe in the persona of an amiable best mate he created, whereas he’s just a lying toe rag who’ll say anything and use anyone to get what he wants. He’s using his own young children to tug at the heartstrings of the great British public - and its working.

Good old boris!.....faugh

I’m not surprised he’s not actually gone yet. He’s the sticky turd that won’t flush.
People like Trump or Johnson or Biden get in power simply because our elites are useless and theres no good choices available anymore.

By the way, its the same here in Germany. As a leftwinger I actually would prefer getting Merkel back because she wouldnt screw up THIS hard.
Rich wrote:The great dream of the British elite was to get Turkey into the EU and flood Europe with tens of millions more Muslims.

They don't have to now. What China did to Hong Kong means that there are many more people who are more adapted to your ways coming around. Better people with less intention to subvert the country.
Beren wrote:Boris Johnson resigns

Johnson hasn't resigned. He has said that he might resign at a later date.

:lol:

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]