The Republican Party: A Party of Fascist Totalitarianism - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Unthinking Majority wrote:Trump is the entire core of it. All the other useful idiots are mostly just puppies following behind him.

Maybe, but the Trump wannabes are getting popular themselves, for example Desantis.

Trump has possibly lost control of Trumpism.

EDIT: I see DeSantis was already brought up. Yea, he's going to be a real problem. He's an authoritarian, and he is smarter than Trump. Makes him more dangerous to the fabric of this democracy.
Politics_Observer wrote:So, since Trump became President, it would seem that the Republican party has become the party of fascist totalitarianism. It seems that the goal of today's Republican party is to get rid of freedom and democracy in America and impose a fascist tyrannical totalitarian state upon the United States.

Interesting, that's exactly what Republicans believe about the other side.
Politics_Observer wrote:
@Puffer Fish

The Republicans can believe what they want, but their beliefs speaking from an objective point of view do not match the facts and reality. Whereas what Democrats believe about Republicans do in fact match the facts and reality.

(It's the difference between *objective* social reality, and groupthink-type *subjective* social reality.)

Worldview Diagram

Spoiler: show

[6] Worldview Diagram

Spoiler: show
Puffer Fish wrote:Interesting, that's exactly what Republicans believe about the other side.

Except that Republicans nowadays represent rural retards more.

It's a pity that people from certain other place in the world need these mad men to come over and destroy their mad men.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Puffer Fish

The Republicans can believe what they want, but their beliefs speaking from an objective point of view do not match the facts and reality. Whereas what Democrats believe about Republicans do in fact match the facts and reality.

Oh, OK. :roll:
Politics_Observer wrote:The Republicans can believe what they want, but their beliefs speaking from an objective point of view do not match the facts and reality.
Whereas what Democrats believe about Republicans do in fact match the facts and reality.

A more "objective" description is that, Democrats in the USA resemble anti-Beijing people in Hong Kong, while Republicans resemble pro-Beijing people in Hong Kong.

I admit that I don't have the willpower and time to show how pro-Beijing politicians and supporters behave as retardedly as (actually worse than) Republican politicians and their supporters, but I can assure you that @BlutoSays is much more morally upright than patriotic Chinese in Hong Kong -- many of the latter people are worse than Fasces, and quite resemble Igor Antunov and Independent_Srpska. (to the point that they actually support Russia!)

Unfortunately some morally upright Hongkongers see Republicans as more "honest" (in their abrasiveness against China) than Democrats, except maybe Pelosi. They also see Democrats (or more precisely, Democrat establishment) as appeasers who put business interests or "secondary matters" (e.g. climate change) higher on the list.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Unthinking Majority

But what about DeSantis? He's pretty authoritarian, too. He seems to be another Trump. Maybe this isn't just Trump alone, but Trump was merely a symptom of a larger problem. What is your opinion @Rancid ?

My opinion is that the Repud Party is making a play for permanent power or a coup attempt. IMO they are being too open about it. They have tipped the rest of us off to their intent. They should have kept it quiet until after the elections this Nov.

Because they have acted too soon we can just stop them in the voting booths. Before Jan. 6th we mostly just saw their vote suppression efforts. Now we see Jan. 6th, and the move by the Supreme Court to ignore any and all precedents that they don't like. And other things.
I hate those Militarist fascist Republicans. And Democrats too , Lyndon B Johnson! I HATE em........ Thats why, we all voted Independent...

fascists. Our cities are being burned. Americans are in the American party. Alabama President Puritan Pilgrim Presbyterian man. Great Society? Our cities are being burned.
Steve_American wrote:
My opinion is that the Repud Party is making a play for permanent power or a coup attempt. IMO they are being too open about it. They have tipped the rest of us off to their intent. They should have kept it quiet until after the elections this Nov.

Because they have acted too soon we can just stop them in the voting booths. Before Jan. 6th we mostly just saw their vote suppression efforts. Now we see Jan. 6th, and the move by the Supreme Court to ignore any and all precedents that they don't like. And other things.

What good is *electoralism*, though, when it's so easily *usurped* -- or at least *contended* -- by fascist Trumpists, led by Trump -- ?

Is 'fascist totalitarianism' going to be on the ballot now -- ? Does *any* ballot have any real meaning now?
ckaihatsu wrote:What good is *electoralism*, though, when it's so easily *usurped* -- or at least *contended* -- by fascist Trumpists, led by Trump -- ?

Is 'fascist totalitarianism' going to be on the ballot now -- ? Does *any* ballot have any real meaning now?

The Repuds fascists are trying to get their guys into the Sec. of State (SoS) offices so the SoS can just reject enough votes so that the Repud always wins.

The Dems can also break the gerrymandering if enough independents will vote Dem to take control of some state legislatures in swing states. All it takes is 'enough'.

Yes, it will be harder now than last election, because of additional voter suppression, but it isn't total yet. If 60% of independents who vote Repud normally will vote Dem, the Repuds will fail. Because of women voting Dem because of the Dobbs decision, this is doable.

Republicans are going to take the House. That's a done deal. It's as certain as Hillary Clinton turning $1,000 into $100,000 in cattle futures overnight.

Democrats will be staying home this year, thanks to you morons giving $85 Billion in advanced military hardware to the Taliban, shitting all over the economy, jacking gas prices up (and thereby everything else also) and your constant weak leadership, INCOMPETENCE, wokeness, racial battles and pandering to your base while telling everyone else to fuck off.

Your double standards cut wide and deep and everyone is reminded of them day by day. Speaking of fascism, you best brace for investigation after investigation after investigation. That fascist favor needs to be returned in spades.

"If it weren't for double standards, democrats would have no standards at all." - Chris Plante

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Steve_American wrote:
The Repuds fascists are trying to get their guys into the Sec. of State (SoS) offices so the SoS can just reject enough votes so that the Repud always wins.

The Dems can also break the gerrymandering if enough independents will vote Dem to take control of some state legislatures in swing states. All it takes is 'enough'.

Yes, it will be harder now than last election, because of additional voter suppression, but it isn't total yet. If 60% of independents who vote Repud normally will vote Dem, the Repuds will fail. Because of women voting Dem because of the Dobbs decision, this is doable.

What *did* stop them, though, and are they really now 'stopped' -- ?

I don't understand why you're continuing to pin your hopes on *electoralism* when the fascist Republicans tried to *sidestep* that -- the *Capitol* building didn't stop them, that's for sure.
ckaihatsu wrote:I don't understand why you're continuing to pin your hopes on *electoralism* when the fascist Republicans tried to *sidestep* that -- the *Capitol* building didn't stop them, that's for sure.

Or more importantly, why so many people seem to agree with the Repubs or even think like BlutoSays?

Should the OP start to consider the possibility that there are more bad people than he thinks, and more "drastic" action maybe necessary to stop what he doesn't want to see?

(By "drastic" I mean "lowering to the level of whoever he resents" or even worse. Although this does not need to be done by himself)
Patrickov wrote:
Or more importantly, why so many people seem to agree with the Repubs or even think like BlutoSays?

Should the OP start to consider the possibility that there are more bad people than he thinks, and more "drastic" action maybe necessary to stop what he doesn't want to see?

(By "drastic" I mean "lowering to the level of whoever he resents" or even worse. Although this does not need to be done by himself)

What 'tit-for-tat' kind of 'drastic' action were you thinking here?
Joe Walsh talking about the clowns at CPAC. Joe Walsh even calling the Republican Party Fascist and embraces totalitarianism. I also like how the commentators mentioned how CPAC is nothing but a freak show and that at the heart of Trumpian politics is the victim mentality. Fascist Totalitarianism is the face of the Republican Party. It's no longer a party about freedom or democracy.

ckaihatsu wrote:What 'tit-for-tat' kind of 'drastic' action were you thinking here?

Mad men can only be taken out by other mad men. The problem is time it well so that the last two die together without hurting others.

@late So then...do you agree that it's fully a m[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Assuming it's true. What a jackass. It's like tho[…]

It's the Elite of the USA that is "jealous&q[…]

The dominant race of the planet is still the Whit[…]