Was The Prophet Muhammad The Prophet Of Jihad? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the nations of the Middle East.

Moderator: PoFo Middle-East Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please. This is an international political discussion forum moderated in English, so please post in English only. Thank you.
Patrickov wrote:Conditionally correct: If you discard "marketing" as production of value that is.

For example, until the rise of the United States, English was not as in widespread use as now.

Greek culture might be splendid, but without Alexander it would probably not be so widespread and well known even now.

Probably, probably not.

Maybe it would have continued for a good time more and produced something worthwhile.

What did we really get after Alexander/Rome? Stoicism and "practical philosophy". Lame as fuck.
Rugoz wrote:Probably, probably not.

Maybe it would have continued for a good time more and produced something worthwhile.

What did we really get after Alexander/Rome? Stoicism and "practical philosophy". Lame as fuck.

It's very doubtful that the Greek city-states would have continued existing as they were. Their armies had been depleted fighting each other well before Alexander. While their democratic systems are beautiful, there is almost no democratic state in classical Greece that did not execute or exile its most brilliant leaders and people out of envy and jealousy. Themistokles, Socrates, Epaminondas, Agis of Sparta, the list just goes on and on and on, even Ceasar.

The primary focus of any community is security, without security you cannot be democratic, or prosperous or artistic or philosophical. The Greek city-states were looking for protection from each other to Persia, Rome and whoever could protect them, they would either carry on as someone elses proxies or they would unite to become an Empire which is essentially what Philipp and Alexander did. Surely the latter is preferable to the former.
noemon wrote:It's very doubtful that the Greek city-states would have continued existing as they were. Their armies had been depleted fighting each other well before Alexander. While their democratic systems are beautiful, there is almost no democratic state in classical Greece that did not execute or exile its most brilliant leaders and people out of envy and jealousy. Themistokles, Socrates, Epaminondas, Agis of Sparta, the list just goes on and on and on, even Ceasar.

Those exiled "brilliant leaders" could easily escape to another city state in the Greek world.

It's not about democracy, at least not primarily, but rather about having a large number of polities in competition with each other, but still sharing a common language/culture.

noemon wrote:The primary focus of any community is security, without security you cannot be democratic, or prosperous or artistic or philosophical. The Greek city-states were looking for protection from each other to Persia, Rome and whoever could protect them, they would either carry on as someone elses proxies or they would unite to become an Empire which is essentially what Philipp and Alexander did. Surely the latter is preferable to the former.

Well it would have been better to remain independent, but I suppose it's fair to argue that wasn't possible. Although the Persians were kept at bay for a long time.
According the Quran Jesus the most mercifull prophet.

He was those whe the fewest political power. But 80-90% percentprophets in the Thora, which is also part of christianity and it occurs in the Quran instead Salomon/Suleiman , or David/Davud, were by todays means brutal.

Compared with the the massacres of the old testament was Mohamed a rather human prophet considering he united the Arabian tribes...

In Medivial Europe chopping hands was also common punishment
Patrickov wrote:For example, until the rise of the United States, English was not as in widespread use as now.

The US empire was preceded by the UK empire, so while the US empire advanced the development further, there was already a very solid base for it.
I don't think this is the Quran technically but Hadiths are highly regarded in which:
Musnad Ahmad ibn Hanbal (Arabic: مسند أحمد بن حنبل) is a collection of musnad hadith compiled by the Islamic scholar Ahmad ibn Hanbal (d. 241 AH/855 AD)
It is one of the largest hadith books in Islamic history containing more than twenty-seven thousand hadiths, according to Maktaba Shamila.[2] It is organized into compilations of the hadiths narrated by each companion, starting with "the ten who were promised Paradise". This highlights their status and the efforts they made to preserve the ahadith of Muhammad.[3]
So if an Apostle wrote a letter somewhere on the tradition of Jesus and named it by location, got a hadith.

https://archive.org/details/constantino ... 1/mode/2up
May that day soon come when a Muslim army will conquer Constantinople, after which you will be returned to the Christian people to whom you rightfully belong. They are a people who accepted Jesus „vas as the true Messiah, and who strive to faithfully follow him, while their enemies on the other hand, both those who rejected Jesus, as well as their allies (i.e., the Judeo-Christian Zionist alliance), follow Dajjal the false Messiah or Anti-Christ!
Which is ridiculous to give prophetic knowledge to conquering Constantinople because the Turks are from the central steppe who conquer Constantinople.
Blessed be the peace of the deathgivers Abla allakazama .

I believe in one God,
the Father almighty,
maker of heaven and earth,
of all things visible and invisible.

I believe in one Lord Jesus Christ,
the Only Begotten Son of God,
born of the Father before all ages.
God from God, Light from Light,
true God from true God,
begotten, not made, consubstantial with the Father;
through him all things were made.
For us men and for our salvation
he came down from heaven,
and by the Holy Spirit was incarnate of the Virgin Mary,
and became man.
For our sake he was crucified under Pontius Pilate,
he suffered death and was buried,
and rose again on the third day
in accordance with the Scriptures.
He ascended into heaven
and is seated at the right hand of the Father.
He will come again in glory
to judge the living and the dead
and his kingdom will have no end.

I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son,
who with the Father and the Son is adored and glorified,
who has spoken through the prophets.

I believe in one, holy, catholic and apostolic Church.
I confess one Baptism for the forgiveness of sins
and I look forward to the resurrection of the dead
and the life of the world to come.

Amen.
Jesus didn't kill people, he healed people, and when they came for his head he didn't fight back. That's the story anyways.

Mohammed was a war leader. Islam is a religion designed by abusive husbands.

If someone came to me and said they had multiple wives, didn't let their wives and daughters out of the house without covering their face, not allowed to wear any revealing clothing, not allowed to talk to other men, I would say they are a hyper-controlling and abusive husband.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]

I would bet you have very strong feelings about DE[…]

@Rugoz A compromise with Putin is impossibl[…]