Will Trump Be Above The Law? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Will Trump Prove He Is Above The Law?

Yes, Trump will never be charged with a crime because he did nothing wrong.
8%
Yes, Trump will never be charged with a crime because he's a rich white dude and the law just doesn't apply to him because he's rich and white.
38%
No, Trump will get charged with a crime because he committed a crime and NOBODY is above the law, not even a former President.
23%
Maybe, he will be charged with a crime, depending on the political winds. It's all political.
23%
I don't care
8%
ckaihatsu wrote:'Incitement of insurrection'. There ya go.

This?

Whoever incites, sets on foot, assists, or engages in any rebellion or insurrection against the authority of the United States or the laws thereof, or gives aid or comfort thereto, shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

By that standard you would have to imprison half the American population.
Rugoz wrote:
This?

By that standard you would have to imprison half the American population.

Half the American population isn't POTUS right now.

Please note that what's at stake is official, formal political *power*.

I'm finding it strange that I have to explain this dynamic to a discussion board of predominantly *statists* / nationalists.
I'll add that it's time for a general *reality check* -- there's now a *dichotomy* between the nation-state itself (U.S.), and *Trump*, since he decided to be a *separatist*, basically. It can't be both.
Will Trump be above the law?

He has shown that he - in fact - is above the law. I keep on getting told that his indictment is "imminent," and that I should hold my breath when a new document comes out that implies - or even proves - wrongdoing by Trump, only for it to just fade into the background once again.

Garland has the evidence to indict him, but not the will to do the right thing, so he will stall and stall, until a future Republican President kills the investigation, never for it to be acknowledged again.
First of all, yes, people in Washington are definitely above the law.

Obama for example was required by law to persecute his predecessor and everyone who followed him for torture and other war crimes. He didnt.

George W. Bush jr, well, he is the aforementioned predecessor. Probably the worst president the USA ever had. The only president to officially allow torture. But he has no risk of persecution whatsoever.

And Hillary Clinton for example ran an unprotected email client for emails with security levels, which also violated US law and also would have resulted in prison time for her if she was a regular person.

Bill Clinton has women who accuse him of rape, and he's on the flight list of a known predator of children and young women (Jeffrey Epstein).

And thats ignoring all the shit these people did to the general public.

Second, Trump.

Trump however, they have tried to find dirt on him with more scrutiny that on any other person, with increasingly more absurd reasons every time. Turns out he is actually amazingly clean, and gets out of the persecution every time because of that.

So yeah, Trump isnt above the law. Quite on the contrary they wouldnt mind imprison him, even if innocent. They just cant find a way to make this work. ... yet ? Who knows.

If not, he is most likely to be president again in 2024, which is exactly why they want to get rid of him.

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This post was made on the 16th April two years ag[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]