Why do non Americans fear or hate the fact that Americans have the guns? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Pants-of-dog wrote:@wat0n

If you wish to argue for a situation that will increase that probability significantly, go ahead.

Maybe. These classes could be done using dummy rounds, right? Those are lethal only at very close ranges.

Needless to say, for these there would need to be police supervision. And, again, students would need to be screened before taking it.

This would also be fully consistent with one of the main original purposes of the 2nd amendment (having a trained militia that could repel an invader). It's definitely better than having civilians buying guns without learning how to use them, and what they can do to meat (this can be shown by the instructor), first.

It's grisly, harsh, but not insane.
Kids forget the basics. You can teach them how to cross the road safely, but they’ll still run out without looking once in a while.
@ingliz

I don’t believe the father tried to sue the gun manufacturer. He was just ranting on looking for someone to blame for his son’s death. It was awful to see their grief for the boy.

Teaching children about guns is a potty idea. Children should be kept well away from guns.
wat0n wrote:Maybe. These classes could be done using dummy rounds, right? Those are lethal only at very close ranges.

Needless to say, for these there would need to be police supervision. And, again, students would need to be screened before taking it.

This would also be fully consistent with one of the main original purposes of the 2nd amendment (having a trained militia that could repel an invader). It's definitely better than having civilians buying guns without learning how to use them, and what they can do to meat (this can be shown by the instructor), first.

It's grisly, harsh, but not insane.

I think this might be a good idea.

In a country that did not already have a bizarrely high number of school shootings.
wat0n wrote:I sometimes wonder, if the US is so much into guns, why not just teach about gun use and safety in school? Make it part of the state curriculum...

I grew up in Rural Australia and we had gun safety lessons in primary school. Though it was about handling and storage and did not involve actual guns. By age 13 all the farm kids I knew had .22 semi automatic rifles, scopes. THough this was the 1970s.
Scamp wrote:So we have 400 million guns in the hands of our law abiding citizens. You have a problem with that?
Are you jealous or envious because you don't have these rights?
Or are you afraid that we could send our pissed off 1st LGBTQ deviant citizens infantry brigade and whip your country's ass good?
:lol:

The importance of out-breeding

https://external-content.duckduckgo.c[…]

Bring on the nuclear war.

Leslie woman gets to the point. Lol. https:[…]

I'm surprised to see the genocide supporters (lik[…]