The Feds were looking for stolen Top Secret nuclear documents - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

There are potentially several serious crimes here, most are obvious.

The question everyone is asking is why. Possessing such documents is a very serious crime. They would be of interest to very few people, like Putin.

That's almost certainly why the judge signed off on the search.

Selling them to Putin would be as bad a betrayal as is possible. It could give Putin a road map on how to f*ck us over permanently. It makes Benedict Arnold look like a nun.

I am getting ahead of the evidence, and I apologise for that.

But I can imagine you can see why.
late wrote:There are potentially several serious crimes here,

Indeed there are. Some of these FBI agents are clearly anti democratic in intent. We've seen a systematic campaign by elements of the deep state to smear and frame Trump. And I speak as someone who believes Trump has very serious character flaws.
Former C.I.A. director , Michael Hayden, implied that Former President Trump should be executed , if this is found to be true.
Retired U.S. Air Force general and former CIA director Michael Hayden shared a photo of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg on Thursday evening after the Washington Post reported FBI agents searched former President Donald Trump’s home for documents pertaining to nuclear weapons. The Rosenbergs were convicted and executed in 1953 for giving nuclear weapon information to the Soviet Union.

The Washington Post reported on Thursday evening, citing unnamed sources, that FBI agents had raided Trump’s Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida in search of classified documents, including materials pertaining to nuclear weapons. The Washington Post sources did not specify whether the documents were related to nuclear weapons belonging to the U.S. or another nation, and did not say if agents found such documents during the raid. Following the Washington Post report, presidential historian and Trump critic Michael Beschloss tweeted a photo of the Rosenbergs taken after they were convicted in 1951 of spying for Russia.

“Rosenbergs were convicted for giving U.S. nuclear secrets to Moscow, and were executed June 1953,” Beschloss tweeted. The former CIA director retweeted Beschloss, adding the caption “Sounds about right.”

https://americanmilitarynews.com/2022/08/fmr-cia-chief-implies-trump-should-be-executed-over-fbi-investigation/
On the 72nd anniversary of the arrest of Ethel Rosenberg for allegedly providing valuable, top-secret information to the Russians about nuclear weapons designs, radar, sonar and jet propulsion engines, the WashingtonPost broke an explosive story headlined: “FBI searched Trump’s home to look for nuclear documents and other items, sources say.”

If true, the prospect of Trump selling highly classified nuclear documents to Vladimir Putin or the Saudis for billions of dollars and life-time asylum from US prosecution, adds an entirely new, and dangerous, dimension to the definition of Domestic Terrorism. Especially, if the terrorist conducting nuclear blackmail, is an angry, aggrieved, ex-President, entrusted with the most sensitive life and death secrets imaginable.

If the story was simply a “leak” by a patriotic FBI agent or DOJ employee intended to force Trump’s hand to release the detailed FBI affidavit revealing the crimes for which there was probable cause to search his home, Trump has been brilliantly outmaneuvered in an extraordinary high stakes game. In order to prove that he hadn’t commoditized nuclear secrets to our enemies—a crime punishable by life imprisonment or execution, as the Rosenberg’s learned--Trump would have no choice but to release the documents. Release of the sealed FBI search warrant, inventory documents and the affidavit—which can be like a lengthy indictment-- threatens to strip bare the litany of crimes committed by Trump-- serious enough to merit a court-ordered search of Mar-A-Lago. It’s a lose/lose situation for Trump....
We know from decades of evidence going back 50 years, when Trump and Roy Cohn blocked Black families from moving into federally funded Trump-owned apartments in Brooklyn, that the ex-President is capable of unencumbered evil, as he proved again and again, with his calls for the death of the ultimately innocent Central Park Five, the fabrications over Barack Obama’s birth certificate and Mexicans storming the border, the continuing Big Lie about the 2020 Election, and the incitement of people to violence on his behalf.

The only President in all of American history to be twice impeached, Trump’s recklessness, and disregard for any order but his, and his breathtaking lawbreaking have surprised even those of us who have long pegged him as a criminal cipher, a con, and a mob-boss wannabe.

Now, a calm, fearless Attorney General who brought the Oklahoma City Bomber to justice a generation ago, and lost family members to the lawlessness of Nazi Germany, has shown the world, that another totalitarian emperor has no clothes, and no where left to hide. https://villano.substack.com/p/ethel-rosenberg-roy-cohn-and-donald
Rich wrote:Indeed there are. Some of these FBI agents are clearly anti democratic in intent. We've seen a systematic campaign by elements of the deep state to smear and frame Trump. And I speak as someone who believes Trump has very serious character flaws.

They tried asking him nicely to return the documents he took a few months ago. He refused. They will use this as part of a proof of intent to sell/distribute. Trump is the one who's been digging his own grave.
Saeko wrote:They will use this as part of a proof of intent to sell/distribute.

Under the Espionage Act, he's looking at 3 to 20 years just for the unauthorised possession of each document, never mind selling them.

:lol:
^

Sky News International last night.

Today the Guardian newspaper says he can only get 10 years and be banned from standing for any government office.

A conviction for violating any of the detailed laws would be severe: the Espionage Act has a maximum penalty of 10 years in federal prison and the statute for obstruction has a maximum penalty of 20 years, while the statute for destruction of records can also bar anyone convicted from holding future office.

From the same newspaper, albeit a different article

It also looks significant that, in seeking a warrant, the FBI did not invoke code 1924, which is normally used in the case of government employees who hang on to documents they should not have. Instead, the justice department used code 2071, relating to the “concealment, removal, or mutilation” of documentation, and code 1519, concerning the “destruction, alteration, or falsification of records in federal investigations.
Potemkin wrote:
If by “deep state”, @Rich means some person or agency who commits illegal acts under cover of administrative office, then Trump is the deep state.

I usually take 'Deep State' to mean the institutional nation-state itself / 'national security' / (CIA Democrats), regardless of who happens to be in office.

[22] History, Macro Micro

Spoiler: show
BlutoSays wrote:
It's too bad you lack the common sense to see what's in store for your ideology.

The Trump crowd can win primaries, but except for a few loony bin states, they are polling behind Dems.

Btw, you are not rejecting just my ideology. You are rejecting the Modern world, which started (for us) in the late 1800s..

That's crazy, but..
late wrote:The Trump crowd can win primaries, but except for a few loony bin states, they are polling behind Dems.

Btw, you are not rejecting just my ideology. You are rejecting the Modern world, which started (for us) in the late 1800s..

That's crazy, but..

Hmmm. So you say. Fuck your polls.

I'm sure Hillary has 146% chance of winning in 2024. :lol:
late wrote:There are potentially several serious crimes here, most are obvious.

The question everyone is asking is why. Possessing such documents is a very serious crime. They would be of interest to very few people, like Putin.

That's almost certainly why the judge signed off on the search.

Selling them to Putin would be as bad a betrayal as is possible. It could give Putin a road map on how to f*ck us over permanently. It makes Benedict Arnold look like a nun.

I am getting ahead of the evidence, and I apologise for that.

But I can imagine you can see why.

Well, here we are a week later. Where are these stolen "nuclear" documents sold to the rooskies?? :roll:

gull·​ible | \ ˈgə-lə-bəl\
variants: or less commonly gullable
Definition of gullible

: easily duped or cheated

1) See "late" on Pofo.
BlutoSays wrote:
Well, here we are a week later. Where are these stolen "nuclear" documents sold to the rooskies??

The Feds have made a list of secret documents by level of classification. FBI counter-intelligence prob has them.

The idea that he sold them was my idea. Nobody I saw, or read, was going that far. Even now, a few hint at the possibility, but that's it for what I've seen.

So that's mine.

When you hold forth on as many issues as I do, mistakes are inevitable. I don't mind owning them, but let's let the FBI counter-intel guys take a crack at it first.

Btw, you are wrong well over 90% of the time..

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]

Next wat0n is going to tell us the 15,000 children[…]

Yes, we know you believe Amit Soussana is a liar ([…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

^ I shared the Sachs and Meirsheimer videos in her[…]