China threatens to use military force to prevent Nancy Peolosi's Visit to Taiwan - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Anyone thinking that China will go to war right now is delusional I think. There is no real way China can win against US and Taiwan even without all the other allies. Reality is that China can be easily starved to submission by blockading straight of Hormuse, Malaka or Aden which will lead to litteral famine, 0 oil and no economy in roughly 3 to 6 months. And I don't see how Chinese carriers can stop 12-20 US carriers and around a dosen more from its allies.
Fasces wrote:"Tell me you don't know the military role of a carrier without telling me you don't know the military role of a carrier."

So how is China going to project airpower to straight of Hormuse, Adene or perhaps even Malaka without 20 aircraft carriers? :eh: There are some naval bases near Malaka now but not as much as 12 aircraft carriers nor do US even have to meet the Chinese there.
JohnRawls wrote:I don't see how Chinese carriers can stop 12-20 US carriers

Why would they use their carriers when a score of unstoppable Russian hypersonic missiles can do the job more efficiently? If the US can supply modern weaponry to Ukraine, Russia can provide modern weaponry to China. Or is it the usual one rule for you and another for everyone else?

What is good for the goose is good for the gander - No.

:)
ingliz wrote:Why would they use their carriers when a score of unstoppable Russian hypersonic missiles can do the job more efficiently? If the US can supply modern weaponry to Ukraine, Russia can provide modern weaponry to China. Or is it the usual one rule for you and another for everyone else?

What is good for the goose is good for the gander - No.

:)

Yeah good luck with that. Russia can't hit moving targets and have displayed that pretty nicely recently. So if you think that they will somehow be able to hit fast moving and maneuvering carriers while bypassing their air defenses and jamming, i am not sure you have been paying attention. Even the Soviet doctrine was sorta boinkers of just firing many nukes at the fleets because they understood that even with the USSR capability, fleets, sattelites the best way to deal with the carriers is just to nuke them because sinking a carrier or two might be possible but it is almost impossible to sink them all even if they fired all of the guided missiles at them. This also begs the question of detecting the groups in the first place and being able to guide missiles to them somehow while your own tracking assets like ships, planes or submarines staying alive while doing it. Satellites alone simply won't work nor does anybody have enough satelites for that. Even US realistically won't be able to cover all of the sea 24/7 with their satelites.
JohnRawls wrote:Anyone thinking that China will go to war right now is delusional I think. There is no real way China can win against US and Taiwan even without all the other allies. Reality is that China can be easily starved to submission by blockading straight of Hormuse, Malaka or Aden which will lead to litteral famine, 0 oil and no economy in roughly 3 to 6 months. And I don't see how Chinese carriers can stop 12-20 US carriers and around a dosen more from its allies.

Russia can provide oil. Xi's China is in economic trouble, he faces mortgage demonstrations, which is more dangerous for his and the CCP's rule then a war.

China has a ring of artificial islands to protect the mainland.
Propaganda videos on YouTube mean very little. I've seen them before and then when you looked closely you found they were filmed in another country.

Remember the guy who was caught on video collapsing from Covid-19, but when they looked into it they found he had has an epileptic seizure? Viral nonsense, is what it was.
Sandzak wrote:@Fasces

:lol:

As already addressed in another thread, those tanks were for a parade in Rizhao, a city hundreds of kilometers away and two weeks after the Zhengzhou bank protests.

fasces wrote:
This post is likely misinformation.

1) There is no evidence these tanks are deployed against protestors - there is no bank in the video; the people gathering do not appear to be protestors. It is very likely this is a night-time rehearsal for the upcoming August holiday (PLA Day, August 1). Military parades are rare, but not unknown, but assuming this video is recent, this is a possibility.

2) This does not look like Zhengzhou, a city hundreds of kilometers away, and certainly not the bank where all the protests were recently. There are many pictures of that building to compare. There have been thunderstorms in Zhengzhou the last few nights, so if this is Zhengzhou, this video is not recent.

2a) UPDATE: It is Rizhao, you can see this hotel in the picture: https://www.trip.com/hotels/detail/?hotelId=1573248

Chinese video citing saying its Rizhao

3) All sources that these were used against protestors go back to a single unverified twitter post, reported as fact by an Indian newspaper, and then re-reported again. This is textbook for how to manufacture news.

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=182422

It is implausible that the IDF could not or would[…]

Moving on to the next misuse of language that sho[…]

@JohnRawls What if your assumption is wrong??? […]

There is no reason to have a state at all unless w[…]