3rd IPCC report out today. "It is now or never" to massively act on climate change - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Steve_American wrote:Lurkers, I and others on this site have already proven that he is just wrong.

He keeps coming back to make his baseless assertions as if they are facts.

Steve, stop pushing your bogus political science and masking it as science.

https://www.heartland.org/_template-ass ... Report.pdf
The Heartland Institute has been known for trying to censor scientists and journalists who discuss their (i.e the Heartland Institute’s) leak of documents.

This leak of documents showed a plan to discredit climate science, influence teachers, and pay climate skeptic scientists to publish misinformation.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The Heartland Institute has been known for trying to censor scientists and journalists who discuss their (i.e the Heartland Institute’s) leak of documents.

This leak of documents showed a plan to discredit climate science, influence teachers, and pay climate skeptic scientists to publish misinformation.

So you say. If you can show anything false in the document, bring it forth. Otherwise, STFU, you leftist POS (redundant).
Pants-of-dog wrote:
The Heartland Institute has been known for trying to censor scientists and journalists who discuss their (i.e the Heartland Institute’s) leak of documents.

Heartland is a Koch organisation.

Koch funds most Big Oil propaganda, and has an army of paid trolls on the internet, another army of lobbyists in DC, another army of guys that write kooky state legislative proposals, actually there are several armies that work the state level.

He's genuinely wacko. He lives a couple thousand miles from Maine. But when we passed gay marriage, he spent a million bucks (Maine doesn't spend a lot on politics) to kill it. Of course, we can back in the next election, and passed it again.

But that begs the question, why is he spending big bucks against something like gay marriage on the other side of the country?

That's just an example, a small city wanted to update it's old zoo, he spent serious money trying to kill the referenda. The zoo had those old fashioned small cages that are now considered abusive.

Koch has over 100 organisations. To give you an idea of how much power he has, he tried a hostile takeover of the Republican party.

He wants to run the country (into the ground) from the shadows.
Pants-of-dog wrote:The Heartland Institute has been known for trying to censor scientists and journalists who discuss their (i.e the Heartland Institute’s) leak of documents.

Maybe you should upgrade your 56K modem.
late wrote:Heartland is a Koch organisation.

Koch funds most Big Oil propaganda, and has an army of paid trolls on the internet, another army of lobbyists in DC, another army of guys that write kooky state legislative proposals, actually there are several armies that work the state level.

He's genuinely wacko. He lives a couple thousand miles from Maine. But when we passed gay marriage, he spent a million bucks (Maine doesn't spend a lot on politics) to kill it. Of course, we can back in the next election, and passed it again.

But that begs the question, why is he spending big bucks against something like gay marriage on the other side of the country?

That's just an example, a small city wanted to update it's old zoo, he spent serious money trying to kill the referenda. The zoo had those old fashioned small cages that are now considered abusive.

Koch has over 100 organisations. To give you an idea of how much power he has, he tried a hostile takeover of the Republican party.

He wants to run the country (into the ground) from the shadows.

Is this George Soros posting?
Pants-of-dog wrote:@BlutoSays

Your link does not work. So I can not read the document.

Quote the text.

I'm not quoting the document. You'll read it or you won't. I don't really GAF.

Your "science" is bogus and everyone knows it.
Last edited by BlutoSays on 13 Aug 2022 17:09, edited 1 time in total.
late wrote:Let me make this simpler for you, Heartland is trash.

Let me make it even simpler for you: your politics and views are shit and everyone is seeing how your ideology destroys progress.

All the economi and crime stats and the drop in standards of living are due to your worldview. We're living what you wanted, and the majority are not on board with it, regardless of what you think.

November is coming. Do you have your cardboard box ready?
Steve_American wrote:So, what we have here is a failure to communicate.

I believe you're quoting a line from "Cool Hand Luke" here. Note in the film and I believe the book and stage play as well, there is no indefinite article. I think it would be better without the indefinite article here, implying a continuing failure to communicate rather than merely the failure of a one off event.
@BlutoSays cited a report from the Heartland Institute that claims that global warming is not real.

Instead, the article claims, this is an error based on improper siting of thermometers. The weather stations that give us the surface temperature data are mostly located close to heat sources, and this improper location and the adjacent heat source are responsible for the measured warming.

So, this claim was studied and here is what the scientists found:

On the reliability of the U.S. surface temperature record
    Matthew J. Menne,1 Claude N. Williams Jr.,1 and Michael A. Palecki1
    Received 27 August 2009; revised 24 December 2009; accepted 7 January 2010; published 8 June 2010.
    [1] Recent photographic documentation of poor siting conditions at stations in the U.S. Historical Climatology Network (USHCN) has led to questions regarding the reliability
    of surface temperature trends over the conterminous United States (CONUS). To evaluate the potential impact of poor siting/instrument exposure on CONUS temperatures, trends derived from poor and well sited USHCN stations were compared. Results indicate that there is a mean bias associated with poor exposure sites relative to good exposure sites; however, this bias is consistent with previously documented changes associated with the widespread conversion to electronic sensors in the USHCN during the last 25 years. Moreover, the sign of the bias is counterintuitive to photographic documentation of poor exposure because associated instrument changes have led to an artificial negative (“cool”) bias in maximum temperatures and only a slight positive (“warm”) bias in minimum temperatures. These results underscore the need to consider all changes in observation practice when determining the impacts of siting irregularities. Further, the influence of nonstandard siting on temperature trends can only be quantified through an analysis of the data. Adjustments applied to USHCN Version 2 data largely account for the impact of instrument and siting changes, although a small overall residual negative (“cool”) bias appears to remain in the adjusted maximum temperature series. Nevertheless, the adjusted USHCN temperatures are extremely well aligned with recent measurements from instruments whose exposure characteristics meet the highest standards for climate monitoring. In summary, we find no evidence that the CONUS average temperature trends are inflated due to poor station siting.

https://www.ncei.noaa.gov/pub/data/ushc ... al2010.pdf

So there is a slight bias from these improperly placed weather sensors. But it shows that the Earth is cooling, not warming. Lol.

My take from this discussion is that @QatzelOk w[…]

Semafor. :lol: The Intercept :lol:

Morgan freeman is black Of course, Morgan Freema[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is why they are committed to warmongering.[…]