Border Dispatch: Everyone Who Arrives Here Has Paid - Page 4 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
BlutoSays wrote:
No, this is NOT a federal problem. This is a Joe Biden problem. Joe Biden and Kamala Harris and the DNC transmitted the message for everyone to jump the southern border and they'll be welcomed.

Well, here's the *precedent* / policy, from that article:

The Biden administration must own up to the asylum-seeking migrant problem, just as it responded to last summer’s arrival of thousands of Afghan refugees. Just as it announced in July a contribution of more than $350 million in humanitarian assistance to displaced Ukrainians.

---

BlutoSays wrote:
"At a minimum, state and local jurisdictions should be reimbursed for every dime spent helping destitute immigrants admitted into the United States. The money is there, fully appropriated in the foreign aid budget."

Why should the tax payer reimburse jurisdictions for Joe Biden's bone-headed decisions? No, take it out of the Biden family's wealth and the DNC. Institute a windfall profits tax on the Democratic National Committee and confiscate their riches, since they are the ones creating these serial catastrophes.

The Biden Administration personnel aren't coup-injected *dictators*, as Trump wanted to be -- they have the discretion that comes with their respective offices. That's what power / clout is.

Where *else* would you apply the 'profits tax', btw -- ?

x D
ckaihatsu wrote:Well, here's the *precedent* / policy, from that article:

---

The Biden Administration personnel aren't coup-injected *dictators*, as Trump wanted to be -- they have the discretion that comes with their respective offices. That's what power / clout is.

Where *else* would you apply the 'profits tax', btw -- ?

x D

Discretion? The president is there to enforce the laws congress passes. Is he enforcing immigration law? You're God damned right he isn't.
ckaihatsu wrote:Maybe you'd be so kind as to point me in the direction of what that (immigration) policy *is*.

Here's from me, from earlier in the thread:

viewtopic.php?p=15242461#p15242461

Immigration policy is CONTROLLED entry based on quotas established by congress. Not a wholesale opening of the borders to anyone and everyone who decides to jump fences and camp here. Not flying people around in the dead of night and dumping them where you want to bulk up your DNC voter numbers. Not loading up busses with them and transporting them everywhere. Not turning your border patrol into a welcome committee and moving them from law enforcement jobs to administrative jobs. Not deciding that you won't vaccinate illegal aliens for covid while demanding citizens in public and private industry be fired if they don't submit to vaccines. In many cases, not accounting for them and sending them onward with no tracking and paperwork to return to a court when their time for a hearing comes up.

Don't get fucking cute with me, ckaithatsu. You know all this. You just wanna play debate games with hard facts.

BlutoSays wrote:
Immigration policy is CONTROLLED entry based on quotas established by congress. Not a wholesale opening of the borders to anyone and everyone who decides to jump fences and camp here. Not flying people around in the dead of night and dumping them where you want to bulk up your DNC voter numbers. Not loading up busses with them and transporting them everywhere. Not turning your border patrol into a welcome committee and moving them from law enforcement jobs to administrative jobs. Not deciding that you won't vaccinate illegal aliens for covid while demanding citizens in public and private industry be fired if they don't submit to vaccines. In many cases, not accounting for them and sending them onward with no tracking and paperwork to return to a court when their time for a hearing comes up.

Don't get fucking cute with me, ckaithatsu. You know all this. You just wanna play debate games with hard facts.

I'm *not* getting fucking-cute with you -- all you're doing here is *wishful thinking*, and not even specifying what the current immigration policy *is* right now.

The latest info *I* have is that the former 'Remain in Mexico' policy is being phased-out in favor of something more permissive and less imposing on those seeking asylum.

As in the past, I'll simply ask why you're only looking at immigration policy in (nationalist-entity) *political* terms, and not in *economic* terms whatsoever, as for international 'free markets' for labor.

(Note the dark-blue and green 'tentacles' of *political capital* and *economic capital* that together support any given political 'platform' / policy -- like immigration -- in the following diagram.)

Others here have pointed out that you have a *blind spot* when it comes to the practice of domestic *businesses* benefitting from foreign / undocumented labor.

Anatomy of a Platform

Spoiler: show
ckaihatsu wrote:I'm *not* getting fucking-cute with you -- all you're doing here is *wishful thinking*, and not even specifying what the current immigration policy *is* right now.

The latest info *I* have is that the former 'Remain in Mexico' policy is being phased-out in favor of something more permissive and less imposing on those seeking asylum.

As in the past, I'll simply ask why you're only looking at immigration policy in (nationalist-entity) *political* terms, and not in *economic* terms whatsoever, as for international 'free markets' for labor.

(Note the dark-blue and green 'tentacles' of *political capital* and *economic capital* that together support any given political 'platform' / policy -- like immigration -- in the following diagram.)

Others here have pointed out that you have a *blind spot* when it comes to the practice of domestic *businesses* benefitting from foreign / undocumented labor.

Anatomy of a Platform

Who is that being phased-out and replaced by? The congress (the legislative branch) or the administration (the executive branch)? Asylum is code for anything any migrant wants and you know it.

Of course I'm looking at it from economic terms. You'll have one set of people/businesses who play by the rules and another set who won't (and will be subsidized by Uncle Sham to help those NOT play by the rules). Specifically democrats, because democrats love the "underdog" and the underdog is always any affinity group that will vote for them. You know this. You've been on this planet long enough to know this. WTF do I even have to rehash it?

I told you, I don't read your diagrams - they look like a bowl of spaghetti to me with words and blobs flying everywhere. Don't even try. I'm FIRM on that.

I don't have a blind spot. I want a level playing field and that means I do not want black markets, underground economies, frigging bone-headed subsidies every other week that hit the national debt and devalue the US dollar even more in a competitive global economy. In short, I do NOT want the extremely stupid short term thinking we have today that is detrimental to our well being and standard of living long-term. I am not a go along to get along DC sewer type of person as you may have guessed. Mexico, China, South America, Russia would never shoot themselves in the foot like we do... and yet, if we don't do that exactly, the left sees that as "utlra-nationalist". Well, fuck them. They would sell their parents and grandparents for a promise of nirvana a year later.
BlutoSays wrote:
Who is that being phased-out and replaced by? The congress (the legislative branch) or the administration (the executive branch)? Asylum is code for anything any migrant wants and you know it.

Of course I'm looking at it from economic terms. You'll have one set of people/businesses who play by the rules and another set who won't

That's still lopsidedly *politics*, and not economics, as in 'the free flow of goods and services'.

BlutoSays wrote:
(and will be subsidized by Uncle Sham to help those NOT play by the rules). Specifically democrats, because democrats love the "underdog" and the underdog is always any affinity group that will vote for them. You know this. You've been on this planet long enough to know this. WTF do I even have to rehash it?

I told you, I don't read your diagrams - they look like a bowl of spaghetti to me with words and blobs flying everywhere. Don't even try. I'm FIRM on that.

I don't have a blind spot. I want a level playing field and that means I do not want black markets, underground economies, frigging bone-headed subsidies

Psychologically this is *displacement*, because you're *displacing* your shit out onto the situation, which itself doesn't *call* for any of this shit that you're insinuating.

Look at all of the twisting and writhing you have to do to avoid admitting that you're a dogmatic *statist* here, when it comes to immigration. It's nationalism for its own sake, and for no good reason:

BlutoSays wrote:
every other week that hit the national debt and devalue the US dollar even more in a competitive global economy. In short, I do NOT want the extremely stupid short term thinking we have today that is detrimental to our well being and standard of living long-term. I am not a go along to get along DC sewer type of person as you may have guessed. Mexico, China, South America, Russia would never shoot themselves in the foot like we do... and yet, if we don't do that exactly, the left sees that as "utlra-nationalist". Well, fuck them. They would sell their parents and grandparents for a promise of nirvana a year later.

Why do you imagine / project that higher-walls is economically a 'good' thing, when it's *not* -- it's more of a cost to *enforce* borders, than to not. Duh.
Uh-hu.

Both Obama and Biden throw out twice the amount of "illegal migrants" as Trump, so I dont get why anyone would think that Biden is welcoming migrants.

Easy to google, for example: https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... der-trump/

(That ones only shows Obama vs Trump, but shows it very clearly)

Sure, they act like that during the election process because they know their voters like to hear that kind of shit. They dont do it when in office, though.

Anyone who thinks migrants are the worst can vote democrat and be happy.

Biden even continues to build Trumps wall. Which by the way Obama started building.

And theres again more kids in cages under Biden than under Trump. Just like Obama, who build these cages.

If racism is your reason d'etre, there was no better president than Joe Biden, who, among other things, was the author of the Crime Bill, the one law that most targets nonwhite people. And hopefully never will be, again.

And dont start with the bullshit about black skin. Obama did jack shit for black people, either. Assuming she got in power, Harris wouldnt do anything for black people, or for women. Just like Hillary Clinton wouldnt do anything for women.

Everyone in Washington has no issues with black people and women. As long as they're rich.
Wallace took the oath of office on January 14, 1963, standing on the gold star marking the spot where, nearly 102 years earlier, Jefferson Davis was sworn in as provisional president of the Confederate States of America.
Wallace ran for president in the 1968 election as the American Independent Party candidate, with Curtis LeMay as his candidate for vice president. Wallace retracted the invitation, and (after considering Kentucky Fried Chicken founder Colonel Harland Sanders)[47] chose former Air Force General Curtis LeMay of California. LeMay was considered instrumental in the establishment in 1947 of the United States Air Force and an expert in military affairs.

In 1968, Wallace pledged that "If some anarchist lies down in front of my automobile, it will be the last automobile he will ever lie down in front of" and asserted that the only four letter words that hippies did not know were "w-o-r-k" and "s-o-a-p."

Many found Wallace an entertaining campaigner. To "hippies" who called him a fascist, he replied, "I was killing fascists when you punks were in diapers." Another notable quip: "They're building a bridge over the Potomac for all the white liberals fleeing to Virginia."

From left to right: Governor Wallace, NASA administrator James E. Webb and scientist Wernher von Braun at the Marshall Space Flight Center

In the late 1970s, Wallace announced that he was a born-again Christian and apologized to black civil rights leaders for his past actions as a segregationist. He said that while he had once sought power and glory, he realized he needed to seek love and forgiveness.[note 2] In 1979, Wallace said of his stand in the schoolhouse door: "I was wrong. Those days are over, and they ought to be over."[72] He publicly asked for forgiveness from black Americans.

Wallace married Lurleen Brigham Burns on May 22, 1943.[18][76][77] The couple had four children together.In a 1995 interview, Wallace said that he planned to vote for Republican Bob Dole in the 1996 presidential election, commenting, "He's a good man. His wife is a born-again Christian woman and I believe he is, too." He also revealed that he had voted for George H. W. Bush, another Republican, in 1992. His son, George Wallace Jr., officially switched from Democrat to Republican that same year. Wallace himself declined to identify as either a Republican or a Democrat. But he added, "The state is slowly going Republican because of Clinton being so liberal."

Their son, commonly called George Wallace Jr., is a Democrat-turned-Republican formerly active in Alabama politics. He was twice elected state treasurer as a Democrat, and twice elected to the Alabama Public Service Commission. He lost a race in 2006 for the Republican nomination for lieutenant governor.

Term limits in the Alabama Constitution prevented Wallace from seeking a second term in 1966. Therefore, Wallace offered his wife, Lurleen Wallace, as a surrogate candidate for governor. In the Democratic primary, she defeated two former governors, Jim Folsom and John M. Patterson, Attorney General Richmond Flowers Sr., and former U.S. Representative Carl Elliott.[40] George Wallace's influence in state government thus subsided until his next bid for election in his own right in 1970. He was "first gentleman" for less than a year and a half.

Wallace is the fourth[7] longest-serving governor in U.S. history, having served 5,848 days in office.[8]

The Problem

Family separation at the border led to thousands of children being held in cages, but it was just the tip of the iceberg. ALL immigration detention separates families. The US has the largest Immigration Detention System in the world, detaining over 400,000 people annually. People jailed while awaiting civil immigration hearings have limited access to resources, connections, community, and support navigating their situation. People without immigration status are being held in detention for civil issues without the protections afforded by the criminal system. People in detention don’t have a right to a lawyer if they can’t afford one. They don’t have a right to a phone call. Contacting family and friends is difficult and their living conditions can be inhumane. If they are released, it’s often with nothing but the clothes on their back.

Our Solution
We fill the gaps in current support systems, providing emotional and logistical support to detained immigrants and their loved ones as they navigate the challenges of detention. -- What We Do | Help Detained Immigrants

ALTERNATIVES TO IMMIGRATION DETENTION
Fatma E. Marouf Alternatives to Immigration Detention (tamu.edu)

The United States places over 440,000 people each year in immigration detention, far more than any other country in the world. This Article argues that there are compelling humanitarian and financial reasons to utilize more alternatives to detention. It examines the strengths and limitations of existing alternatives, including the need to develop more community-based case management programs and to rely less on electronic monitoring. The Article then sets forth several legal arguments under the Constitution, Rehabilitation Act, and international human rights law for requiring greater consideration of alternatives to detention.
===================

chicago-anti-war-coalition-cawc@googlegroups.com

Sign my petition: Investigate Ron DeSantis for human trafficking and for violating federal immigration law NOW.

Dear MoveOn member,

You read that right: Republican Florida Governor Ron DeSantis must be investigated for human trafficking and for violating federal immigration law. On Wednesday, DeSantis may have violated federal law by using over $600,000 in taxpayer dollars to lure 50 Venezuelan asylum seekers onto a flight to Martha’s Vineyard, Massachusetts. 1

When they arrived, many asked, “Where am I?” They were intentionally deceived and told that they would be given housing and jobs and were put on a plane with nothing but a brochure. 2 It’s absolutely inhumane.
I (still) have a dream

Because the child's cattle-like parents "fol[…]

As president, he can certainly stop it. Why sho[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s) […]

Europeans and Russians are educated, this makes t[…]