Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 365 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

The Telegraph wrote:No new military pledges to Ukraine in July begs the question: Has the West lost interest in the war?

It marks the first month since the conflict began that major European governments failed to make a single new promise to send weapons
By Joe Barnes, BRUSSELS CORRESPONDENT

The article is behind a paywall so that's all I could quote.

So to repeat conventional wars, as opposed to guerilla wars tend to be unstable affairs. Yet since the withdrawals from Kiev and Sumy its remained in a fine balance. Russia grinds on, slowly haltingly, at significant cost but inexorably. This is a surprising state of affairs, that the balance hasn't tipped. Russia has not run out of steam, despite its very real manpower shortage, but neither has Ukraine's defense broken under the relentless pressure. The suspicion must be that the West's leaders are fine tuning the result.
Rancid wrote:@Igor Antunov, @Independent_Srpska

You guys still enjoying that Putin Big Dick cum energy in your mouth?

Wow, Rancid. You have won the argument by accusing two other posters of being homosexual.

Does this strategy still work at the Middle School that you attend?
By Rugoz
Rich wrote:An army that can't advance is poor almost by definition. Good defense requires active defense. Active defense means the ability to conduct local offensives. It forces the enemy to disperse their forces along the whole front. Active defense allows you to punish the enemy severely, when they overreach.

He meant large scale combined arms maneuvers. Local offensives we have seen enough of.

Rich wrote:The article is behind a paywall so that's all I could quote.

I don't think European countries can sustain this war without cannibalizing their own forces.

As usual, US support will be crucial the longer this goes on.

Rich wrote:The suspicion must be that the West's leaders are fine tuning the result.

Some say the West pursues a boiling frog strategy. I'm sceptical.
Sandzak wrote:They are Bosnian Serbs, blind fanatics, but where they originated people die by starvation. The Federation offers at least 100 bucks (enough for vegetarian survival).

They hope after Ukraine, Putin will give a gift, Great-Serbia.

There will be no "after the war" for Putin unless he puts his tail between his legs and goes home.

This war will out last him.

And let's recap. He is in this war for 6 months. He has accomplished the following:

He has devastated his economy.

Made Russia a pariah state no longer considered even a substantial regional power.

Depleted his military to the point that he would have to rely on nukes to even defend his homeland.

Has suffered about 70,000 casualties, 42,800 killed in action. (For context this is 10 times the number of the US KIA in the entire GWOT including the invasions of Iraq and occupation of Afghanistan.)

He has shown that his much ballyhooed military was a true paper tiger.

Oh. And he has established himself as a war criminal forever banned from important diplomatic participation.

Great Job Vlad.

Funny though. In a way I do not blame Vlad. He was taken for a ride by his generals. The same generals who mysteriously keep getting killed "heroically" leading their troops from the front lines. Right. Yeeeaaaaa. That's what they are doing.
Drlee wrote:Oh. And he has established himself as a war criminal forever banned from important diplomatic participation.

Um forever is an awfully long time. Apparently according to the mathematicians, scientific experts forever is even longer than the US / European electoral cycle. I wonder what statements were said in the six moths after 9/11 in relation to the Taliban and Al Qaeda, that perhaps look slightly inaccurate now. But even now, even after only six months I suspect that the high water mark of Russia's diplomatic isolation has passed. Even when it comes to NATO members I see there has been a substantial increase in trade between Russia and Turkey both imports and exports. Turkey has even adopted the new Russian payments system.

Great Job Vlad.

Funny though. In a way I do not blame Vlad. He was taken for a ride by his generals. The same generals who mysteriously keep getting killed "heroically" leading their troops from the front lines. Right. Yeeeaaaaa. That's what they are doing.

First of all I don't want to doubt or weaken the narratives of the Western Liberals media, but were all these so called Generals actually commanding Division or larger strength units? But that aside one thing is clear now Putin actually hid the invasion plan from most of the officer corps including many of these so called generals. A lot of the terrible performance of both the Russian army and Russian air-force in the opening weeks was due to the fact that they were totally unprepared for actual warfare and were launching attacks with just hours of notice.
Rich wrote:First of all I don't want to doubt or weaken the narratives of the Western Liberals media, but were all these so called Generals actually commanding Division or larger strength units? But that aside one thing is clear now Putin actually hid the invasion plan from most of the officer corps including many of these so called generals. A lot of the terrible performance of both the Russian army and Russian air-force in the opening weeks was due to the fact that they were totally unprepared for actual warfare and were launching attacks with just hours of notice.

Precisely. Part of the problem is, and has always been, that Putin is not a military man. He's a spook. He thinks like a spook, and he acts like a spook. He thought it was more important to keep the invasion a secret than to prepare his own army or his diplomats to actually carry out the invasion and provide diplomatic cover for it. He seems to have no idea how armies or even diplomats actually operate, but he is unwilling to listen to advice because he thinks that he does understand these things. In other words, he is unfit to be the leader of the Russian state. He thinks he's Peter the Great, but he's actually Nicholas II.
Looks like Russia wants to add to its rich history of nuclear disasters by creating another one in Ukraine.

Fucking morons.
Sandzak wrote:They are Bosnian Serbs, blind fanatics, but where they originated people die by starvation. The Federation offers at least 100 bucks (enough for vegetarian survival).

You are a pathetic liar, it's the Balkans FFS , there is no starving for centuries. People would easier starve in Sweden, then in the Balkans, especially among the Serbs. Why are the Serbs one of the tallest people on the planet? Out of air, right, you lying enemy of peace?

You, the Hitler's, Keiser's and sultans' faithful murderers and genocidaries are way, way deadlier than famine in the Balkans.

You, Nazi servants, are responsible for millions of deaths.

You, who decapitated people, who brought Al Qaeda maniacs to Europe, you who sent your fellow war criminals to destroy WTC, you who issued official licenses to rape , you really shouldn't be so shameless to speak about fanatics.

I am not a Bosnian Serb, there is no such thing. You might be it.

They hope after Ukraine, Putin will give a gift, Great-Serbia.

You, Muslim separatists were Putin in Yugoslavia. You attacked, destroyed and tore apart Yugoslavia.

Why don't you support disintegration of Ukraine, when you, like a slimy weasel, fought for disintegration of Yugoslavia?

Because you are a dishonorable hypocrite.
By Rancid
Wels wrote:Meanwhile in Crimea and even Russia...

"A series of explosions have been reported at two Russian military installations, both inside territory that Russia has seized from Ukraine and inside Russia itself." [near Belgorod]

https://nos.nl/artikel/2441221-explosie ... eergehaald

Reports coming in of other night explosions heard in Sevastopol air defence works.

The explosions are going to plan.
By Rich
Igor Antunov wrote:Another one down on the to do list, city of Marinka has been liberated from the puppet occupation forces by Russia.

bu bu buh muh wunderwaffen!?

I do not believe this is correct.
By ingliz
Szabo wrote:Soon, the real war will begin.

And end.

:lol:
Szabo wrote:Let’s make it clear now:

ANY deliberate damage causing potential radiation leak to a Ukrainian nuclear reactor would be a breach of NATO’s Article 5.

This really isn’t even up for debate. Any leak will kill people in NATO countries, that’s an automatic article 5

Soon, the real war will begin.

That can't be allowed to happen, beacuse if it does, it will be very bad for everyone.

That is completely insane thinking.
Szabo wrote:Let’s make it clear now:

ANY deliberate damage causing potential radiation leak to a Ukrainian nuclear reactor would be a breach of NATO’s Article 5.

This really isn’t even up for debate. Any leak will kill people in NATO countries, that’s an automatic article 5

Soon, the real war will begin.

And that's why Zelensky will hit the plant..when he is a loser , let the whole world be the same.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

The Israeli government doesn't care about the rema[…]

There is no evidence whatsoever that the IDF and I[…]

Voting for this guy again would be a very banan[…]

The US government does not care about the ongoing […]