Are US universities discriminating white males - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15243413
Peter Zeihan says that for many men going to Univ. now is a waste. The demographics will be a shortage of skilled workers in the trades and a surplus in manager jobs.
So, average men should not go into debt at Univ. if they will earn as much and start sooner in a trade.

If 19 yo men know this and have average intelligence, then they are going into a trade, if they are smart.
.
#15243424
Thankfully I got a half decent degree (IT) but I will never earn as much as my uncles who are in the plumbing trades. Millionaires by 40, retired by 45, the lot of them. But that ship has sailed, no everybody is jumping on board the trades meme and it's starting to depress wages there too.

Yeah I don't fear losing what I put in, but I fear losing my entire life going forward. Children, the house I owned before marriage, 30% of my income gone, forever. This is why marriage in the west is untenable. At least your culturally alien wife abroad is only limited to cutting you off from what you invested in her.

Also the most important and influential job on earth is motherhood, yet women shun it to...become social scientists? Oh dear. Even those with children shun their kids, leave them in the care of the state so they can go work in somebody else's business... while overlooking the most important and influential role on earth!?

Beyond this, ultimately you're on a timer @MistyTiger , those eggs actually spoil. Men who care only want you for one thing - offspring. Men who don't care will tell you to go get a career so they can leech off you, while they do the old runaround, knock up multiple women, steal from you / them and move on. Obviously they're not going to support shit.

Society is collapsing for a reason. Women in their most fertile years are getting 'careers'. This has a double whammy of not only undermining motherhood but also driving down wages relative to inflation. Guess what- you double the workforce you depress the wages. Wages have never been lower relative to cost of living in the developed world. A family needs two to three jobs just to get by. Used to be just one. And kiss generational wealth goodbye, this further damages the family unit - send your parents to a nursing home the same way they kicked you out of the house at 16. It is proven that larger families in single households have much better economic prospects going forward, pooling resources affords so much advantage its not funny. Splitting everybody up across suburban mortgages and rentals leads to dead ends, while selling off family property to put members in a predatory nursing home is the final nail in the coffin. Unsurprisingly the wealth trickles upward.
#15243428
Igor Antunov wrote:At least your culturally alien wife abroad is only limited to cutting you off from what you invested in her.
That's an illusion, as the culture may be different in some ways, but the gender roles are more traditional.

Feminism has peaked, it's now going to go on the wane as women realize they have equality and it's not making them happy.

Mind you, society is not collapsing. That's a lot of hyperbole. It has to change, however.
#15243472
Steve_American wrote:Peter Zeihan says that for many men going to Univ. now is a waste. The demographics will be a shortage of skilled workers in the trades and a surplus in manager jobs.
So, average men should not go into debt at Univ. if they will earn as much and start sooner in a trade.

If 19 yo men know this and have average intelligence, then they are going into a trade, if they are smart.
.


assumptions in that thinking which generally don't hold up,

(1) Jobs are all about money. Many people get a lot of things out of job that are not money.
(2) That all people are interchangeable and just simply learning something makes you good at it. What makes a good programmer does not make a good tradie.. People gave aptitudes and ability and inclintaions that makes happppier/better at various things and bad at others.,

Maybe it's good advice Alll other things being equal , but they never are.
#15243477
Mike12 wrote:I've always wanted to marry an elf, to unite the houses of the elves and Man. It will work! Just like Scotland and that other much Bigger place.
Have you been taking too many drugs?? Your fantasies have no place in this thread.
#15243479
Godstud wrote:Have you been taking too many drugs?? Your fantasies have no place in this thread.

Get back to uniting Thailand to yourself dude, with that final end of feminism, its ending, feminism. Besides men don't put the dollars in their stockings, explain that one....
#15243522
Godstud wrote:@MistyTiger Men don't marry a woman and try to change her. They want the woman as they see her NOW. Women are the ones prone to wanting to change the man.

Find a relationship now, @MistyTiger. The longer a woman puts it off, the harder it will be to get into one. Men do not care about how much education a woman has, or how good of a career she has. That's not what men are after(I am generalizing, of course).

Marriage is scary for men because if/when it ends in divorce, they'll lose most of the things they have worked for and might have to support the woman for the rest of their life.

Thus marriage rages were at an abysmal 6.1/1,000 in 2019 and divorce rates are hovering around 50%. Note: College educated women are responsible for initiating 90% of divorces.


When you marry a man, you inherit a mom inlaw, unless she is dead. Some men are momma's boys and if the mother wants the wife to be a certain way, the man will just agree. I do not want a mother inlaw.

I do not want to be in a relationship because it will be harder to get into one later. I am looking for something specific, not just some man down the street. I refuse to settle. If I settle now, I might want a divorce months later. I know how I am. I can easily lose interest if I do not see something worthwhile. I see a lot of people who are immature and self-absorbed, they are in love with texting and social media. These are not the types I want to tolerate in my own home. At my place, no one can bring any smart device to the dinner table. I need someone who can accept me for how I am, so they need to be very openminded. My future partner should be understanding and very communicative and mature. I doubt I will find this right now. And I am very focused on my improvement now.

I want my career because I want to support myself and I always feel like I want to be strong, proving that I am capable, not just amusing to be around. I also never felt interested in having a child. When I played house as a child, I would play the man's role. I am not the regular housewife type. I am like my father, wanting to learn and face challenges in life and work. My father was not interested in young children so I also get that from him. My mother raised me basically on her own except that my father provided the income. It was hard for her but she did it well. But I do not recommend this style of parenting. I would not make a good mother as I would be preoccupied with financial matters and tech stuff. With me, the man would play the more feminine role, which is funny but the only way it could work. I cannot change myself to be the more maternal type when I have been used to being the stronger type, the guy role. I was never the little princess. It would have been better, if I had been a boy. I think my father would have loved that.

Some guys look at me and assume I have a rich daddy. I do not. If I have a big nest egg, I would not want to share it with just any man. It needs to be one who genuinely cares about me and wouldn't try to kill me in my sleep.
#15243526
Igor Antunov wrote:Thankfully I got a half decent degree (IT) but I will never earn as much as my uncles who are in the plumbing trades. Millionaires by 40, retired by 45, the lot of them. But that ship has sailed, no everybody is jumping on board the trades meme and it's starting to depress wages there too.

Yeah I don't fear losing what I put in, but I fear losing my entire life going forward. Children, the house I owned before marriage, 30% of my income gone, forever. This is why marriage in the west is untenable. At least your culturally alien wife abroad is only limited to cutting you off from what you invested in her.

Also the most important and influential job on earth is motherhood, yet women shun it to...become social scientists? Oh dear. Even those with children shun their kids, leave them in the care of the state so they can go work in somebody else's business... while overlooking the most important and influential role on earth!?

Beyond this, ultimately you're on a timer @MistyTiger , those eggs actually spoil. Men who care only want you for one thing - offspring. Men who don't care will tell you to go get a career so they can leech off you, while they do the old runaround, knock up multiple women, steal from you / them and move on. Obviously they're not going to support shit.

Society is collapsing for a reason. Women in their most fertile years are getting 'careers'. This has a double whammy of not only undermining motherhood but also driving down wages relative to inflation. Guess what- you double the workforce you depress the wages. Wages have never been lower relative to cost of living in the developed world. A family needs two to three jobs just to get by. Used to be just one. And kiss generational wealth goodbye, this further damages the family unit - send your parents to a nursing home the same way they kicked you out of the house at 16. It is proven that larger families in single households have much better economic prospects going forward, pooling resources affords so much advantage its not funny. Splitting everybody up across suburban mortgages and rentals leads to dead ends, while selling off family property to put members in a predatory nursing home is the final nail in the coffin. Unsurprisingly the wealth trickles upward.


Some men do not care about children at all. They knock up the women and they walk away. How many children do not have a father listed on their birth certificate? If you worked at a passport center and saw some birth certificates, you would see some certificates with no father listed.

As I said, having children is not important for me. I would probably be a bad mother as earning income and self-actualization seem to be my top interests in life. I would have little patience or energy to nurture and educate a young brain, Though I would not trust the education system in the US to educate the child. I would need a patient partner to help me raise the child. I do not want to raise a child alone. I would be stretched too thin. I do not think I should multitask. And actually, when I multitask, I get things done but the quality is not that good. It is better to focus on one thing at a time.

If I ever want a child in the future, I can adopt. Plus, I might have a gene for mental instability from my paternal side. I do not want to knowingly transfer it to a sweet baby. That would be cruel.
#15243527
As a white male, I do not think there is any discrimination against white males at colleges. You just have to decide if college is something you really want to do. Find a way to pay for it while ensuring you have enough time to study to get good grades. Don't half-ass it. Then once you have a way to pay for it, get in there and bust your ass and study hard and don't whine or complain. Just do what you got to do to work hard and be a good student. Learn as much as you can. You're nobody special. Just work hard and earn your stripes and grades just like anybody else.
#15243529
MistyTiger wrote:Some men do not care about children at all. They knock up the women and they walk away. How many children do not have a father listed on their birth certificate? If you worked at a passport center and saw some birth certificates, you would see some certificates with no father listed.
Women have all the reproductive choices. Men do not "knock up women". Women allow themselves to be impregnated. There are too many birth control options for women. It's the reality.

There are IUD's (99.99% effective). Birth control pills. Caps and diaphrams. Contraceptive implants and patches. Female condoms. A Morning After pill. Abortion. Adoption. Men can only wear a condom(98% effective). Women also have a CHOICE. The man does not. (Note: I am talking about most pregnancies and not the less than 1% percent from sexual assaults.)

Women choosing not to list the father is fine, as long as they aren't getting any benefits like child support from the father of the child. How often do you think this is actually the case?

I hope your life choices make you happy. The reality and statistics say that women in their 40s who do not have a family are less happy than those that do. Do NOT be just another single parent. That doesn't turn out well for the child, in general.


Anyways. Waaaaaayyyyy off topic.

@Politics_Observer QFT.
#15243533
The men who never go to university are missing out. They have no idea what they are missing. Education opens doors to possibilities.

Godstud wrote:Women have all the reproductive choices. Men do not "knock up women". Women allow themselves to be impregnated. There are too many birth control options for women. It's the reality.

There are IUD's (99.99% effective). Birth control pills. Caps and diaphrams. Contraceptive implants and patches. Female condoms. A Morning After pill. Abortion. Adoption. Men can only wear a condom(98% effective). Women also have a CHOICE. The man does not. (Note: I am talking about most pregnancies and not the less than 1% percent from sexual assaults.)

Women choosing not to list the father is fine, as long as they aren't getting any benefits like child support from the father of the child. How often do you think this is actually the case?

I hope your life choices make you happy. The reality and statistics say that women in their 40s who do not have a family are less happy than those that do. Do NOT be just another single parent. That doesn't turn out well for the child, in general.


Anyways. Waaaaaayyyyy off topic.

@Politics_Observer QFT.


Contraceptives can fail. Condoms can break. I don't approve of how young people talk about getting laid. Some women go to college and find their future husband. I had no such luck. I also was not into flirting.

Hopefully abortion stsys legal in NH. Women should choose to abort or not.

People act differently around me. I had some homeschooling and I spent a lot of my childhood with books or asking questions. I can spout random facts or phrases if I choose to. But knowing most people, I keep much of my thoughts to myself and stick to the small talk. People like to talk about shallow stuff and it often bores me to death. A lot of people are intimidated by me because I am different. They embrace uniformity. I have accepted myself and I value who I am now. My being different is part of my character and strength. I am not a uniform person.

And thank you. I stand by my choices. Things happen for a reason. I just know that I am not meant to just be a housewife or homemaker. I just have not discovered my destiny yet. I am on an adventure to see what lies ahead. I want to do something with my education and the knowledge and skills that I have. I am hunting.

Some people are single their whole life. Stats are numbers based on a bell curve. I do not need to compare myself with the average sampling of people. Like George Clooney did not marry until well past his 40s and he was fine. Happiness is a mindset that a person can control. I learned years ago that I can be happy regardless of my life's circumstances.
#15243545
Academia is a nice little club to get into but it's a small walled garden. There is a much bigger world out there. If you spend your years as an academic you will sacrifice so many aspects of your life and consume so much of your time for so little return, relatively speaking. Institutional Education without purpose is just wasting time because if you feel like learning you can do so outside of campus. And if you feel like writing papers and having them cited to make yourself feel smart then sure, stick around but trust me nobody is gonna read that shit and the time put in does not justify the outcome most of the time.
#15243566
Igor Antunov wrote:
Academia is a nice little club to get into but it's a small walled garden. There is a much bigger world out there. If you spend your years as an academic you will sacrifice so many aspects of your life and consume so much of your time for so little return, relatively speaking. Institutional Education without purpose is just wasting time because if you feel like learning you can do so outside of campus. And if you feel like writing papers and having them cited to make yourself feel smart then sure, stick around but trust me nobody is gonna read that shit and the time put in does not justify the outcome most of the time.



Civilisation, who needs it?
#15243568
@Igor Antunov

Igor Antunov wrote:Academia is a nice little club to get into but it's a small walled garden. There is a much bigger world out there. If you spend your years as an academic you will sacrifice so many aspects of your life and consume so much of your time for so little return, relatively speaking. Institutional Education without purpose is just wasting time because if you feel like learning you can do so outside of campus. And if you feel like writing papers and having them cited to make yourself feel smart then sure, stick around but trust me nobody is gonna read that shit and the time put in does not justify the outcome most of the time.


Personally, this sounds like anti-intellectualism you are spouting.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

no words .. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_TDj[…]

When they dissolve the last vestiges of a represen[…]

In Iraq, America dealt with it by killing anythin[…]

Ok. Personally I have nothing against that. It's […]