CNN is fake news...... and guess who has the evidence! - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
One thing that people can do to use less electricity is to use both a fan and AC, but set it to a much higher temp.

I set my AC at 86 deg. and use a personal fan to blow on me almost all the time. I feel fine. I live in a forest in Thailand. I'm positive that this uses far less energy. I studied engineering in college, so this opinion is based no what I learned back then.

IMHO, the reason that we don't normally do this is just status.

That is before AC the rich all used fans and the poor didn't.
Then, maybe the poor began to use fans to some extent.
Then AC came along. Now the rich could again show off their wealth by getting AC and setting the temp down to 65 in the summer. At that temp they can wear a jacket and tie and not sweat.
The poor could not do this even if they could get AC.
So, using a fan became a sign that you lack the income to be 'rich', so to be seen as high status you had to sell or throw out all your fans.

Today, we all could save energy by turning the AC temp up to 86 deg. F (30 deg. C) and having 1 fan for each person.

Also, in Europe (Germany) they could set the temp of their furnaces down to 65 or even 60 and wear more cloths. AFAIK, in 1900 fireplaces couldn't keep your house at a toasty 72 deg. F, so back then people bundled up more than they do today. They have an emergency, so they need to change their actions to meet the limitations that reality and dumb past Ger. Gov. decisions are imposing on them.

You are correct. By having the squirrel cage running constantly and moving air, you can back the AC off of super low temperature. It avoids hot spots and makes the house feel more comfortable.

And in the winter, by having a whole house humidifier, the air feels more comfortable, and you can set the thermostat down a little. Any competent HVAC tech will tell you that.

That said, I'm not running the AC at 86 degrees in the summer. No way, no how.

"IMHO, the reason that we don't normally do this is just status."

C'mon man. You're so wrapped up in ideology, you can't even see it for what it is. Not everyone is out to persecute you based on status. :roll:

People put the AC and heat where they are comfortable. Period.

Do you realize how ridiculous you've become?
Bye Brian. We're gonna miss you so much! :lol:

CNN chief Chris Licht informed Stelter of the decision yesterday. Licht has been making cuts throughout the network since taking the helm as part of Warner Bros. Discovery's takeover of the old Time Warner company. Stelter, who often touted the show's ratings on Twitter, was among those CNN hosts targeted for frequent criticism from conservatives for his coverage of the media in the Trump years. -NPR
BlutoSays wrote:Bye Brian. We're gonna miss you so much! :lol:

CNN chief Chris Licht informed Stelter of the decision yesterday. Licht has been making cuts throughout the network since taking the helm as part of Warner Bros. Discovery's takeover of the old Time Warner company. Stelter, who often touted the show's ratings on Twitter, was among those CNN hosts targeted for frequent criticism from conservatives for his coverage of the media in the Trump years. -NPR

Why did you spend so much time staling CNN. I don;t think anyone else here cares a damn about whats on CNN.

@FiveofSwords If you want to dump some random[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This is why they are committed to warmongering.[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

Semafor. :lol:

@ingliz I know you want this disgusting ideolog[…]