Case of Polio within the US. When will the science deniers will come to their sense? - Page 3 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Provision of the two UN HDI indicators other than GNP.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
#15243584
Pants-of-dog wrote:
Several polio vaccines were a US invention, if I recall correctly.

Invented by Albert Sabin, an immigrant, and Jonas Salk, the son of an immigrant.



Bingo.

They're saying getting the vaccine, as an adult, is a good idea. I've had the damn disease, if it shows up in your community, better safe than sorry.
#15243613
BlutoSays wrote:What it is...is SCIENCE, motherfucker.

Here is the thing. I understand that in the social groups that you spend most of your time, dropping words in cap such as MAGA, SOCIALISM, ILEGALS, etc... might trigger reactions on dimwitted individuals for or against whatever point you are trying to do as a knee jerk reaction and that such individuals can be easily manipulated to agree with whatever bigoted point you are trying to make. But here.... it will take a bit more legwork to make a point than just word-dropping left and right.
Science is a method to discover the word/nature. It truly does not tell us anything about how we should live our lives.
Science might tell us how to split the atoms, but it does not coerce us into making a nuclear bomb and exterminating whole cities.
Science might tell us how certain diseases are genetically transmitted, but it does not tell us we should kill and/or sterilize individuals with certain genetic afflictions.
Science might show us how viruses and bacteria spread, but it does not call for segregation, immigration laws, or stupid walls in the middle of the desert.
Only a sick brain of a troglodyte would come up with the points you are trying to make.
#15243619
XogGyux wrote:Here is the thing. I understand that in the social groups that you spend most of your time, dropping words in cap such as MAGA, SOCIALISM, ILEGALS, etc... might trigger reactions on dimwitted individuals for or against whatever point you are trying to do as a knee jerk reaction and that such individuals can be easily manipulated to agree with whatever bigoted point you are trying to make. But here.... it will take a bit more legwork to make a point than just word-dropping left and right.
Science is a method to discover the word/nature. It truly does not tell us anything about how we should live our lives.
Science might tell us how to split the atoms, but it does not coerce us into making a nuclear bomb and exterminating whole cities.
Science might tell us how certain diseases are genetically transmitted, but it does not tell us we should kill and/or sterilize individuals with certain genetic afflictions.
Science might show us how viruses and bacteria spread, but it does not call for segregation, immigration laws, or stupid walls in the middle of the desert.
Only a sick brain of a troglodyte would come up with the points you are trying to make.


He's kind of too dumb to understand you. :)
#15243633
Pants-of-dog wrote:Several polio vaccines were a US invention, if I recall correctly.

Invented by Albert Sabin, an immigrant, and Jonas Salk, the son of an immigrant.


What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

The fact remains, for those that are not immune to certain diseases like Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Polio, Diphtheria, etc., regardless of how they are not immune (such as lack of vaccination, vaccination didn't take, compromised immune system, previous vaccination that no longer provides the antibody resistance, other health issues), introducing a large surface area of uncontrolled migrants with no history or no documented history of some type of immunity will cause a spread of said diseases to others.

All the spouting about SCIENCE around here goes right out the window in favor of whining about racism and bigotry when faced with those SCIENTIFIC FACTS.
#15243634
BlutoSays wrote:
What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

All the spouting about SCIENCE around here goes right out the window in favor of whining about racism and bigotry when faced with those SCIENTIFIC FACTS.



It's above your pay grade.

This isn't at all complicated. The answer to a health care problem is usually health care.

Btw, you wouldn't know science if it bit you on the ass.
#15243636
wat0n wrote:I'd be careful here, Pote. Anti-vaxxers in Europe are just as, if not more, prevalent than in the US.

Did I say that shithole countries don’t exist in Europe? :eh:

*cough*Holland*cough*
#15243639
BlutoSays wrote:What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

The fact remains, for those that are not immune to certain diseases like Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Polio, Diphtheria, etc., regardless of how they are not immune (such as lack of vaccination, vaccination didn't take, compromised immune system, previous vaccination that no longer provides the antibody resistance, other health issues), introducing a large surface area of uncontrolled migrants with no history or no documented history of some type of immunity will cause a spread of said diseases to others.

All the spouting about SCIENCE around here goes right out the window in favor of whining about racism and bigotry when faced with those SCIENTIFIC FACTS.


Again, this is nonsensical bigotry. Vaccines are mandatory/required for immigration into this country:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... tions.html
Let me save you the trouble. These are the vaccines that are required:
COVID-19
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Influenza
Influenza type b (Hib)
Measles
Meningococcal
Mumps
Pneumococcal
Pertussis
Polio
Rotavirus
Rubella
Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
Varicella
You are full of shit with your nonsense red herring.
#15243688
BlutoSays wrote:What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?

The fact remains, for those that are not immune to certain diseases like Measles, Mumps, Rubella, Polio, Diphtheria, etc., regardless of how they are not immune (such as lack of vaccination, vaccination didn't take, compromised immune system, previous vaccination that no longer provides the antibody resistance, other health issues), introducing a large surface area of uncontrolled migrants with no history or no documented history of some type of immunity will cause a spread of said diseases to others.

All the spouting about SCIENCE around here goes right out the window in favor of whining about racism and bigotry when faced with those SCIENTIFIC FACTS.


This is not the case here.

What happened in the USA is that an unvaccinated person (let us call them person A) got it from another unvaccinated person (person B) who got polio while travelling to the UK or Israel.

This has nothing to do with immigration.
#15243702
XogGyux wrote:Again, this is nonsensical bigotry. Vaccines are mandatory/required for immigration into this country:
https://travel.state.gov/content/travel ... tions.html
Let me save you the trouble. These are the vaccines that are required:
COVID-19
Hepatitis A
Hepatitis B
Influenza
Influenza type b (Hib)
Measles
Meningococcal
Mumps
Pneumococcal
Pertussis
Polio
Rotavirus
Rubella
Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
Varicella
You are full of shit with your nonsense red herring.




They may be "mandatory". These "mandatory" requirements are NOT being enforced on the southern border and you know it.


So fuck your "mandatory".
#15243713
BlutoSays wrote:They may be "mandatory". These "mandatory" requirements are NOT being enforced on the southern border and you know it.


So fuck your "mandatory".


This is enforced everywhere.
You are living in a nonsensical fantasy. You want to make this about illegal immigration, except illegal immigration is already illegal, dumb asshole; nobody is ever defending illegal immigration. Furthermore, most illegal immigrants don't even come from the southern border you stupid fuck. Its like being afraid of burglars and then barricading your bedroom closet so that bulglers cannot enter from your closet... guess what... bulglers are not entering your house from your closet. This is just an excuse to be a xenophobic racist rat. The viruses have come from legal travels and by American citizens that are too foking stupid to take the necessary precautions.
#15243737
XogGyux wrote:This is enforced everywhere.
You are living in a nonsensical fantasy. You want to make this about illegal immigration, except illegal immigration is already illegal, dumb asshole; nobody is ever defending illegal immigration. Furthermore, most illegal immigrants don't even come from the southern border you stupid fuck. Its like being afraid of burglars and then barricading your bedroom closet so that bulglers cannot enter from your closet... guess what... bulglers are not entering your house from your closet. This is just an excuse to be a xenophobic racist rat. The viruses have come from legal travels and by American citizens that are too foking stupid to take the necessary precautions.



They getting 6500 to 8000 illegal migrants a day, EVERY DAY pouring across the southern border. Where are they getting the medical staff to edminister injections and vaccinations? Where do they have the facilities to house people for multiple days as they give these vaccination and injections? Are you telling us they're hitting new entrants with a dozen injections to bring them up to requirements (injections that have to be spaced out over months)? These are people from Honduras, Guatamala and other countries that don't have vaccinations for their people or "shot cards". All they're doing is smiling and waving the people though.

Have you even thought this debate position out for yourself, or do you have your head stuck up the Democratic National Committee's Jackass so far because you love the smell?
#15243767
BlutoSays wrote:They getting 6500 to 8000 illegal migrants a day, EVERY DAY pouring across the southern border. Where are they getting the medical staff to edminister injections and vaccinations? Where do they have the facilities to house people for multiple days as they give these vaccination and injections? Are you telling us they're hitting new entrants with a dozen injections to bring them up to requirements (injections that have to be spaced out over months)? These are people from Honduras, Guatamala and other countries that don't have vaccinations for their people or "shot cards". All they're doing is smiling and waving the people though.

Have you even thought this debate position out for yourself, or do you have your head stuck up the Democratic National Committee's Jackass so far because you love the smell?


You destroy your own position. ILEGAL. This is not a debate about what should and should not be immigration policy. Furthermore, illegal immigration is not the source of infection spread, it is a stupid point you making since all the examples are from actual legal travel. All you doing is trying to introduce your stupid red herring.
#15243771
XogGyux wrote:You destroy your own position. ILEGAL. This is not a debate about what should and should not be immigration policy. Furthermore, illegal immigration is not the source of infection spread, it is a stupid point you making since all the examples are from actual legal travel. All you doing is trying to introduce your stupid red herring.


Illegal immigration IS a source of infection spread. You know damn well it is. Your examples are a small slice of the bigger problem.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Yeah, Turkey and Serbia are rare countries that di[…]

Balkan and Elections

It's an unfinished 1993-1994 civil war between Bos[…]

by AI. What do you reckon? If I were doing a the[…]

https://th.bing.com/th/id/R.4e[…]