A new poll about abortion is bad news for Republicans - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

#15247256
"Specifically, the Times-Siena poll finds that 62 percent of registered voters oppose the decision overturning Roe v. Wade, while 30 percent support it. But the poll also asked how strongly people feel about it, and this was the result:

52 percent of registered voters strongly oppose the ruling overturning Roe, vs. only 19 percent who strongly support it
57 percent of women strongly oppose the ruling, vs. 15 percent who strongly support it"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... elections/

Remember, these are midterm elections, usually plagued with low turnout. Polls, and the Kansas vote suggest that Dem turnout will be quite high.

It's still a while til the elections, but the evidence points to there being a lot of seriously pissed women.

Vive la femme..
#15247282
late wrote:"Specifically, the Times-Siena poll finds that 62 percent of registered voters oppose the decision overturning Roe v. Wade, while 30 percent support it. But the poll also asked how strongly people feel about it, and this was the result:

52 percent of registered voters strongly oppose the ruling overturning Roe, vs. only 19 percent who strongly support it
57 percent of women strongly oppose the ruling, vs. 15 percent who strongly support it"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... elections/

Remember, these are midterm elections, usually plagued with low turnout. Polls, and the Kansas vote suggest that Dem turnout will be quite high.

It's still a while til the elections, but the evidence points to there being a lot of seriously pissed women.

Vive la femme..


Yes, but don't underestimate the power of stupid. We got a lot of very stupid people in this country.
#15247415
late wrote:"Specifically, the Times-Siena poll finds that 62 percent of registered voters oppose the decision overturning Roe v. Wade, while 30 percent support it. But the poll also asked how strongly people feel about it, and this was the result:

52 percent of registered voters strongly oppose the ruling overturning Roe, vs. only 19 percent who strongly support it
57 percent of women strongly oppose the ruling, vs. 15 percent who strongly support it"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... elections/

Remember, these are midterm elections, usually plagued with low turnout. Polls, and the Kansas vote suggest that Dem turnout will be quite high.

It's still a while til the elections, but the evidence points to there being a lot of seriously pissed women.

Vive la femme..



Yes, 62% / 52% / 57% are those who actually take polls. There are many people who aren't participating in polls today. They hangup. Guess who they are?




Image
#15247423
BlutoSays wrote:
Yes, 62% / 52% / 57% are those who actually take polls. There are many people who aren't participating in polls today. They hangup. Guess who they are?




Image



Now step away from the *Senate* and say that.



In 2021, the Women's Health Protection Act, which would codify abortion rights into federal law, was introduced by Judy Chu.[16] The bill passed the U.S. House of Representatives but was rejected by the U.S. Senate.[17]



https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_ ... _decisions
#15247428
BlutoSays wrote:Yes, 62% / 52% / 57% are those who actually take polls. There are many people who aren't participating in polls today. They hangup. Guess who they are?

Image

What a stupid ignorant post.So you fancy yourself as a polling expert. There do seem to be an extraordinary number of Republican cretins that think the Polls are always biased in favour of Democrats. There will always be polling errors. Note even in 2016 the polls correctly predicted that Hilary would win the popular vote. Fivethirtyeight whose prediction in the 2012 Presidential election had the higher percentage prediction win every state gave Trump a 28.6% chane of winning the college in 2016.

Huffington Post' problem in 2016, like James Comey was that they didn't trust the polls, so they underestimated the chance of a Trump victory.
#15248006
I think the whole point of making it possible to declare abortion illegal in individual states is to give democrats a chance.

Or why else would they do that right before elections ?

Republicans and democrats serve the same masters. They want democrats to lose, so nobody can complain anymore that democrats are in power (presidency, senate, congress) but dont do anything. But they dont want them to loose too much, so they steer a little bit against it with this.

Rich people dont give a tiniest hint of a frak about abortions. If they want to get an abortion, they can always just travel to the netherlands.
#15248008
Negotiator wrote:
I think the whole point of making it possible to declare abortion illegal in individual states is to give democrats a chance.

Or why else would they do that right before elections ?

Republicans and democrats serve the same masters. They want democrats to lose, so nobody can complain anymore that democrats are in power (presidency, senate, congress) but dont do anything. But they dont want them to loose too much, so they steer a little bit against it with this.

Rich people dont give a tiniest hint of a frak about abortions. If they want to get an abortion, they can always just travel to the netherlands.



It's *gender civil rights* and a *working class* issue, as well -- that's both anti-oppression, *and* 'economics' / have-nots.
#15248144
Negotiator wrote:
I think the whole point of making it possible to declare abortion illegal in individual states is to give democrats a chance.

Or why else would they do that right before elections ?



That's the courts, and that's when they got around to it.
#15248363
Nobody cares about human life any more. Not a baby’s life, abortion.
Not a child’s life, drugs. Not an adolescent’s life, terrorism.
Not an adult’s life, regulation and draconian housing regulations.
Not an elderly person’s life, inflation.
Nobody cared about my life when I went in and said my college got attacked. They had 2/3 of the facility dedicated to drug users because they get millions of drug funding for that and an entire population living off of and thriving off of their services.
They were were perplexed that a clean kid would need help. And so they were abusive instead.
Truss vs Sunak

Truss does the right thing, but limiting the energ[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Euro countries need to stop the exit of russians […]

Balkan and Elections

It's an unfinished 1993-1994 civil war between Bos[…]

by AI. What do you reckon? If I were doing a the[…]