Electric cars in China - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Pollution, global warming, urbanisation etc.
Forum rules: No one line posts please.
Electric car skeptics complain about the high price of electric cars in the U.S. but that market problem can be attributed to at least three issues: supply chain problems, the resistance to small vehicles by both U.S. car dealers and many consumers, and concerns about driving range.

The best-selling electric vehicle in China is the Wuling Hongguang Mini EV. As of January 2022, sales since inception have passed 500,000 units since deliveries began in July 2020. Depending on type of battery, the range is from 75 to 110 miles. A 2022 model offered a 170-mile range. In 2020, the Mini EV had a price starting at US$4,162, and topped out at US$5,607 for a fully loaded model, making it China's cheapest electric car.

Provided it had enough driver leg room, I could live with a short-range electric vehicle, which might be enough of a car for many senior citizens and residents of urban areas with short commutes.

Nearly 3 million new all-electric and hybrid passenger cars were sold in China in 2021, accounting for 14.8% of the 20.15 million passenger cars sold overall

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuling_Hongguang_Mini_EV

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/14/heres-the-full-list-of-the-best-selling-electric-cars-in-china-for-2021.html
By Fasces
Electric cars and scooters are everywhere in China. Moreover, battery changing stations are ubiquitous too, and a much better solution for the consumer than charging stations on major roads are.
By Godstud
Electric scooters have become very common in Thailand, too. This is good. The majority of people are only driving them a few km every day, and they are 1/3 the price of gasoline-powered scooters.
Godstud wrote:Electric scooters have become very common in Thailand, too. This is good. The majority of people are only driving them a few km every day, and they are 1/3 the price of gasoline-powered scooters.

They will not work in the U.S. You will have to consider city design.

Obviously cities in a country like Thailand are going to be built around a design for the majority of the population who does not have longer-range transportation.
By late
Robert Urbanek wrote:
Electric car skeptics complain about the high price of electric cars in the U.S. but that market problem can be attributed to at least three issues: supply chain problems, the resistance to small vehicles by both U.S. car dealers and many consumers, and concerns about driving range.

The best-selling electric vehicle in China is the Wuling Hongguang Mini EV. As of January 2022, sales since inception have passed 500,000 units since deliveries began in July 2020. Depending on type of battery, the range is from 75 to 110 miles. A 2022 model offered a 170-mile range. In 2020, the Mini EV had a price starting at US$4,162, and topped out at US$5,607 for a fully loaded model, making it China's cheapest electric car.

Provided it had enough driver leg room, I could live with a short-range electric vehicle, which might be enough of a car for many senior citizens and residents of urban areas with short commutes.

Nearly 3 million new all-electric and hybrid passenger cars were sold in China in 2021, accounting for 14.8% of the 20.15 million passenger cars sold overall

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuling_Hongguang_Mini_EV

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/14/heres-the-full-list-of-the-best-selling-electric-cars-in-china-for-2021.html

And if a Denali hits you, it can double as a coffin.

I own a Prius, and an electric bike. Electric power is the future. Because our cities are kinda crappy, the electric bikes aren't selling all that great here. But in Europe, they are selling a ton of them. Some companies are still backordered..

You don't realise how cool an electric bike is, until you try it. It put a grin on my face, and I bought it then and there. Changed my life.

By Godstud
Puffer Fish wrote:They will not work in the U.S. You will have to consider city design.
Sure they will. Not everyone has massive commutes every day. Cities can change their inner city areas to accommodate them, too. I do not think this is a good argument that you are making.

Puffer Fish wrote:Obviously cities in a country like Thailand are going to be built around a design for the majority of the population who does not have longer-range transportation.
Cities in Thailand tend to be small and without ANY for design, although Udon Thani was designed to be much like Paris, which is why they have so many roundabouts. Thailand has a mostly rural population, with the largest city being #1 Bangkok: 6 million+, followed by #2 Nonthaburi: 250k.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Tainari88 , if someone enters your house withou[…]

Considering you have the intelligence of an oyste[…]

Liberals and centrists even feel comfortable just[…]

UK study finds young adults taking longer to find […]