A new poll about abortion is bad news for Republicans - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

"Specifically, the Times-Siena poll finds that 62 percent of registered voters oppose the decision overturning Roe v. Wade, while 30 percent support it. But the poll also asked how strongly people feel about it, and this was the result:

52 percent of registered voters strongly oppose the ruling overturning Roe, vs. only 19 percent who strongly support it
57 percent of women strongly oppose the ruling, vs. 15 percent who strongly support it"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions ... elections/

Remember, these are midterm elections, usually plagued with low turnout. Polls, and the Kansas vote suggest that Dem turnout will be quite high.

It's still a while til the elections, but the evidence points to there being a lot of seriously pissed women.

Vive la femme..
late wrote:"Specifically, the Times-Siena poll finds that 62 percent of registered voters oppose the decision overturning Roe v. Wade, while 30 percent support it. But the poll also asked how strongly people feel about it, and this was the result:

52 percent of registered voters strongly oppose the ruling overturning Roe, vs. only 19 percent who strongly support it
57 percent of women strongly oppose the ruling, vs. 15 percent who strongly support it"

Remember, these are midterm elections, usually plagued with low turnout. Polls, and the Kansas vote suggest that Dem turnout will be quite high.

It's still a while til the elections, but the evidence points to there being a lot of seriously pissed women.

Vive la femme..

Yes, but don't underestimate the power of stupid. We got a lot of very stupid people in this country.
late wrote:"Specifically, the Times-Siena poll finds that 62 percent of registered voters oppose the decision overturning Roe v. Wade, while 30 percent support it. But the poll also asked how strongly people feel about it, and this was the result:

Vive la femme..

Yes, 62% / 52% / 57% are those who actually take polls. There are many people who aren't participating in polls today. They hangup. Guess who they are?

BlutoSays wrote:
Yes, 62% / 52% / 57% are those who actually take polls. There are many people who aren't participating in polls today. They hangup. Guess who they are?

Now step away from the *Senate* and say that.

In 2021, the Women's Health Protection Act, which would codify abortion rights into federal law, was introduced by Judy Chu.[16] The bill passed the U.S. House of Representatives but was rejected by the U.S. Senate.[17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abortion_ ... _decisions
BlutoSays wrote:Yes, 62% / 52% / 57% are those who actually take polls. There are many people who aren't participating in polls today. They hangup. Guess who they are?

What a stupid ignorant post.So you fancy yourself as a polling expert. There do seem to be an extraordinary number of Republican cretins that think the Polls are always biased in favour of Democrats. There will always be polling errors. Note even in 2016 the polls correctly predicted that Hilary would win the popular vote. Fivethirtyeight whose prediction in the 2012 Presidential election had the higher percentage prediction win every state gave Trump a 28.6% chane of winning the college in 2016.

Huffington Post' problem in 2016, like James Comey was that they didn't trust the polls, so they underestimated the chance of a Trump victory.
I think the whole point of making it possible to declare abortion illegal in individual states is to give democrats a chance.

Or why else would they do that right before elections ?

Republicans and democrats serve the same masters. They want democrats to lose, so nobody can complain anymore that democrats are in power (presidency, senate, congress) but dont do anything. But they dont want them to loose too much, so they steer a little bit against it with this.

Rich people dont give a tiniest hint of a frak about abortions. If they want to get an abortion, they can always just travel to the netherlands.
Negotiator wrote:
I think the whole point of making it possible to declare abortion illegal in individual states is to give democrats a chance.

Republicans and democrats serve the same masters. They want democrats to lose, so nobody can complain anymore that democrats are in power (presidency, senate, congress) but dont do anything. But they dont want them to loose too much, so they steer a little bit against it with this.

Rich people dont give a tiniest hint of a frak about abortions. If they want to get an abortion, they can always just travel to the netherlands.

It's *gender civil rights* and a *working class* issue, as well -- that's both anti-oppression, *and* 'economics' / have-nots.
Negotiator wrote:

That's the courts, and that's when they got around to it.
Nobody cares about human life any more. Not a baby’s life, abortion.
Not a child’s life, drugs. Not an adolescent’s life, terrorism.
Not an adult’s life, regulation and draconian housing regulations.
Not an elderly person’s life, inflation.
Nobody cared about my life when I went in and said my college got attacked. They had 2/3 of the facility dedicated to drug users because they get millions of drug funding for that and an entire population living off of and thriving off of their services.
They were were perplexed that a clean kid would need help. And so they were abusive instead.
CenterReee wrote:
Nobody cares about human life any more. Not a baby’s life, abortion.

Sorry, but you're smearing all over a bunch of *different* things. The woman's body is her *own*.

CenterReee wrote:
Not a child’s life, drugs. Not an adolescent’s life, terrorism.

War on Drugs. War on Terrorism.

(How have *those* turned out -- ?)

CenterReee wrote:
Not an adult’s life, regulation and draconian housing regulations.

You own rental properties?

CenterReee wrote:
Not an elderly person’s life, inflation.

European energy crisis, and its NATO-Russian showdown.

CenterReee wrote:
Nobody cared about my life when I went in and said my college got attacked. They had 2/3 of the facility dedicated to drug users because they get millions of drug funding for that and an entire population living off of and thriving off of their services.
They were were perplexed that a clean kid would need help. And so they were abusive instead.

Sorry to hear of any personal traumas, but it's just sloppily inaccurate to lump that in with the rest, and all of the *pieces* of 'the rest' *together* -- it's an *amalgamation*, is what I'm trying to say.
Poll numbers are not completely accurate. And they are not the best at measuring how strongly a group supports a cause. What polls are good for are to gauge how voters feel about political issues. Abortion rights are a big deal in the USA. Birth control is a hot button issue. More women than ever before are exercising their right to vote. Women should care about what goes on in this country. Women should care about how they can care for their unborn child and their bodies. We all should care about how legislation can benefit or harm future generations.

Just because people approve of abortion, does not mean that they are not pro-life. I dislike the pro-life term. We ALL are pro-life because we work towards a better life. We are alive. We care about children. Abortion is necessary for issues with the fetus, the mother cannot safely birth the baby, the baby is a result of rape or incest or giving birth could kill the mother.
Random American wrote:
When they dissolve the last vestiges of a representative democracy here in America, they won't have to worry about the polls anymore as they can just freely force their views on others.

That assumes Republicans will get their dictator.

Granted, things look grim, but I don't make that assumption.

http://www.dorfonlaw.org/2022/09/is-dem ... w-bad.html
Random American wrote:
When they dissolve the last vestiges of a representative democracy here in America, they won't have to worry about the polls anymore as they can just freely force their views on others.

late wrote:
That assumes Republicans will get their dictator.

Are all of the doorways at the Capitol being covered *right now* -- ?

= D
late wrote:That assumes Republicans will get their dictator.

Democrats are the dictators.

They flood the country with millions of poverty cases and then demand the tax payers pick up the tab.

The weaponize the DOJ, FBI and IRS to attack their opponents.

They try to run people's lives instead of letting the free market decide what people want. The are against any and all forms of self determination, individualism and personal responsibility.

They constantly subsidize failure in the name of climate change, OBAMAcare, free education, free benefits for decades and payoffs to unions and affinity groups like BLM, DSA, SPLC, ACLU and ANTIFA.

They hate "corporate welfare" and yet they are the biggest purveyors of corporate welfare as long as corporations bow to the DNC and carry their messaging forward.

When parents take a stand against their woke bullshit that they push in local schools, they have the DOJ attack parents.

They demand choice for women on abortions to the ninth month on demand, but circumvent every attempt to stop tax payers from footing the bill.

They confiscate union dues from workers and then use those dues to support their political platforms, regardless if union members support their cause or not (AKA THEFT).

They attack free speech through bullshit like "Disinformation Boards" and label any inconvenient speech as an attack against "democracy".

Democrats are currently working with Silicon Valley towards a social credit scoring system like China has instituted. If you don't see things their way, you will be punished.

They cheat like motherfuckers in elections from the local level to the national level. In fact, democrats are the furthest thing from democracy one can find.

Anything they don't like, they attempt to ban. Anything they want, they demand as a human right regardless of ability to pay.

They have extremely situational ethics, and in real life, they have less value than shit on my shoe.

He is even less coherent than Alex Jones. My gu[…]

Yes, and it did not order a ceasefire. Did you ev[…]

@Rugoz You are a fuckin' moralist, Russia could[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

A new film has been released destroying the offici[…]