Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 407 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

wat0n wrote:@Independent_Srpska don't you think this long opinion piece by Putin himself and published in the Kremlin's English website back in 2021 should be considered to understand why did Russia invade Ukraine?

Correct historical overview, with an overview of recent events ...

Correctly explained...anri-Russian , dehumanising project (you the Fanboys also suffer from) led to starting of murdering and ethnic cleansing of a "disturbing element" - Russian speaking people.

I believe , you Fanboys, wanted Russians to stay silent to torching humans in Odesa, so you could scale-up "Odesa project", but what to say ...those damn Russians spoiled you joy...

The anti-Russia project has been rejected by millions of Ukrainians. The people of Crimea and residents of Sevastopol made their historic choice. And people in the southeast peacefully tried to defend their stance. Yet, all of them, including children, were labeled as separatists and terrorists. They were threatened with ethnic cleansing and the use of military force. And the residents of Donetsk and Lugansk took up arms to defend their home, their language and their lives. Were they left any other choice after the riots that swept through the cities of Ukraine, after the horror and tragedy of 2 May 2014 in Odessa where Ukrainian neo-Nazis burned people alive making a new Khatyn out of it? The same massacre was ready to be carried out by the followers of Bandera in Crimea, Sevastopol, Donetsk and Lugansk. Even now they do not abandon such plans. They are biding their time. But their time will not come.
By wat0n
Independent_Srpska wrote:Correct historical overview, with an overview of recent events ...

Correctly explained...anri-Russian , dehumanising project (you the Fanboys also suffer from) led to starting of murdering and ethnic cleansing of a "disturbing element" - Russian speaking people.

I believe , you Fanboys, wanted Russians to stay silent to torching humans in Odesa, so you could scale-up "Odesa project", but what to say ...those damn Russians spoiled you joy...

I don't really have a bone to pick with either side. But don't you think, then, that such historical unity is in fact over and has been for a while now?
@Independent_Srpska

Independent_Srpska wrote:Cool, my dear Fanboys.

Let's be happy that Russia has failed in protecting Russian speaking people in the east of what was Ukraine.

Stop perpetuating about the Russian "failure", start enjoying it.

I got news for you there doorknob. The Russian speaking folks in the East of Ukraine don't want any sort of so called "protection" that Russia has to offer. As a matter of fact, a lot of them hate Russia after being being bombed and killed by Russian forces themselves. Yes sirree, Russia has burnt that bridge with anybody in the East of Ukraine who might have been "pro Russian." But even before the war, most of those Russian speakers regarded themselves as Ukrainian. Stop spewing this bullshit that the conflict is about language or some sort of "ethnicity." That's just Russian state propaganda.
wat0n wrote:I don't really have a bone to pick with either side. But don't you think, then, that such historical unity is in fact over and has been for a while now?

Ok, sorry for adding you to the club of Fanboys.

However, it is over. Putin acknowledges it, if you have read it carefully. He has nothing against Ukrianian state. But, Ukrainian state has something against Russian speaking people and their language.

It is not about forceful unity, it is about burning people alive and killing them.
As simple as that.

The Fanboy club is trying to ignore that armed conflict did not start on Feb 24 2022, but in late 2013/early 2014.
Politics_Observer wrote:@Independent_Srpska

I got news for you there doorknob. The Russian speaking folks in the East of Ukraine don't want any sort of so called "protection" that Russia has to offer. As a matter of fact, a lot of them hate Russia after being being bombed and killed by Russian forces themselves. Yes sirree, Russia has burnt that bridge with anybody in the East of Ukraine who might have been "pro Russian." But even before the war, most of those Russian speakers regarded themselves as Ukrainian. Stop spewing this bullshit that the conflict is about language or some sort of "ethnicity." That's just Russian state propaganda.

90+ % of casted votes in ongoing referendums don't agree with you.
By Wels
^ how nice, i bet the pro-russian referendum showed at least 147 percent for an annexation by Russia, after their "declaration of independence" a few months ago :lol:

Back to reality.

"Russian soldiers have recently sold several armoured vehicles to the Ukrainian army in Vyskopillya area. The exchange reportedly happened earlier in the week without incidents."
(I guess they won't be able to sell the rusty AK 47s the new "recruits" are supposed to fight with)

There are uprisings in several "russian" colonies (Dagestan, Chechenia, Georgia and others), all the protesters being caught by the police are being sent straight to the ukrainian front. With mothballed last-century weapons that have been neglected for decades.
Now let this sink in, what will they most probably do? Fight? Or change sides?

"Russian defenses are collapsing north and west of Lyman, a key city in northern Donetsk, which is one of the gateways to the northern part of the Luhansk region. Russian sources report that some Russian forces are retreating from Lyman to avoid being surrounded."
By Wels
Dmitry Bulgakov: Putin fires deputy defence chief amid supply failures

"[Idiot] Putin has fired the general charged with managing the Russian military's faltering logistics operations in Ukraine.
Gen Dmitry Bulgakov, a deputy defence minister, was removed from his role on Saturday, the defence ministry said on Telegram."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-63021117

When you have no resources it is useless to fire the man who is responsible for distributing them.
All going according to the great plan only Putin knows.
I dont get why people bother to post in this thread when they're clearly not interested at all in the conflict.

Ukraine has 30% citizen who speak russian as mother tongue.

Ukriane has been bombing russian speaking civilians for 8 years straight BEFORE the war already. The UN says that caused at least 14,400 deaths. It also caused millions of ukrainians to flee to Russia. Russia is still the main target of ukrainians fleeing from Ukraine, even during this war.

About 80% of the civilian deaths in this war have been caused by the ukrainians. Overall civilian deaths are amazingly low in this conflict.

The Donbas had already voted in 2014 for independence, which yielded 89% in favor.

Crimea voted 91% and has been part of Russia since 2014 and is a popular location for vacations for the russians. It doesnt have problems with protesters or anything.

Thus there is absolutely no need for the russians to manipulate any of these referendums, they'll all be in favor.

Why the hell would any russian speaking ukrainian want to stay in Ukraine when the country makes their language illegal, closes their radio stations and other media, outlaws russian culture, puts people in prison for just speaking russian, bombs them, etc, anyway ?

These are all basic things to know about Ukraine. Things you can know from neutral sources, like the United Nations. Heck some of these fact you can get from the CIA, i.e. Wikipedia. If you had any actual interest in the country, you'd know these things.

If you have zero interest in the country, and you cannot even spot the most obvious bullshit propaganda, why do you bother talking about it ? You're just making a fool of yourself.
@Wels

That's a shitty mess the Russians have gotten themselves into watching those conscription videos you posted. They were warned beforehand about the perils of invading Ukraine. They did it to themselves. It's was totally un-necessary for the Russians to invade Ukraine. Very foolish decision they made to invade.
By Fasces
Lots of complaints online and by political leaders about "Iranian drones" being used by Russians in places such as Odessa or others. A bit hypocritical of any Western politician to complain about the weapons of any country being found in conflict zones. Germany and the USA can sell guns to every Tom, Dick and Harry, but Iran is a rogue regime for selling drones? :roll:
By Rugoz
Negotiator wrote:I dont get why people bother to post in this thread when they're clearly not interested at all in the conflict.

Ukraine has 30% citizen who speak russian as mother tongue.

Ukriane has been bombing russian speaking civilians for 8 years straight BEFORE the war already. The UN says that caused at least 14,400 deaths. It also caused millions of ukrainians to flee to Russia. Russia is still the main target of ukrainians fleeing from Ukraine, even during this war.

About 80% of the civilian deaths in this war have been caused by the ukrainians. Overall civilian deaths are amazingly low in this conflict.

The Donbas had already voted in 2014 for independence, which yielded 89% in favor.

Crimea voted 91% and has been part of Russia since 2014 and is a popular location for vacations for the russians. It doesnt have problems with protesters or anything.

Thus there is absolutely no need for the russians to manipulate any of these referendums, they'll all be in favor.

Why the hell would any russian speaking ukrainian want to stay in Ukraine when the country makes their language illegal, closes their radio stations and other media, outlaws russian culture, puts people in prison for just speaking russian, bombs them, etc, anyway ?

These are all basic things to know about Ukraine. Things you can know from neutral sources, like the United Nations. Heck some of these fact you can get from the CIA, i.e. Wikipedia. If you had any actual interest in the country, you'd know these things.

If you have zero interest in the country, and you cannot even spot the most obvious bullshit propaganda, why do you bother talking about it ? You're just making a fool of yourself.

"Basic things to know about Ukraine"? You're completely drunk on Kremlin propaganda. Find yourself a survey not conducted by the Kremlin's ministry of truth.
Fasces wrote:Lots of complaints online and by political leaders about "Iranian drones" being used by Russians in places such as Odessa or others. A bit hypocritical of any Western politician to complain about the weapons of any country being found in conflict zones. Germany and the USA can sell guns to every Tom, Dick and Harry, but Iran is a rogue regime for selling drones? :roll:

Selling weapons explicitly to be used in an aggressive war of conquest. Yes, Iran has a rogue regime and Iranians deserve better.
By Rancid
Rugoz wrote:
Selling weapons explicitly to be used in an aggressive war of conquest. Yes, Iran has a rogue regime and Iranians deserve better.

@Fasces is an imperialist though.
Wels wrote:no words ..

Well, while most of the word chooses their military men to be the most disciplined, well trained, obedient, fit, healthy, strong, Russia has figured it out that the best soldier is made by common criminals that rob, rape, use drugs and murder.

@Independent_Srpska You want to talk about fanboy? You are the biggest fanboy ever.
Even if for the sake of the argument we were to look things from the shoes of russia and assume they are the good guys, even if we were stretching the imagination THAT FAR, you still come short of many if not all of your arguments.
Lets assume Russia are the good guys, they are the liberators. It still does not change the fact that most of the world is against this war. It does not change the fact that the image of russia as a powerful military entity has been diminished. That is a indisputable fact, even if we were to assume that russia is indeed right. Now... does calling up for the opposition of the world, and showing off that you are weaker than previously thought, does that project strength? Is that a good thing for the Russian people? to be seen as aggressors? to be seen as weaker? This was has put the average russian ever closer to danger than any time before.
Does mobilising 300k, a million russians, to basically be killed, makes the russian federation stronger? And they WILL be killed, because the professional army with plenty of supply of tanks, artillery, supplies failed big time, do you think that sending 300k carpenters, mechanics, taxist, pilots, dancers, teachers, photographers is what is really going to turn the tide of the war? Now... Putin might be able to deceive the population staying in russia about whats going on, but those soldiers will know that they did not get deployed to protect russia because they will be deployed to attack another country, those soldiers will know that they did not receive weeks of training because they will be sent after days, those soldiers will know exactly the quality and quantity of the armament that they are being provided. Those young people are going to die, and 300k families will lose their loved ones. Putin only has 1 card left for escalation and that is nuclear war. Do you think nuclear war makes the russian people safer? You would have to be the biggest moron on earth to believe that.
No, you are the fanboy. Even if we put your very crooked lenses of reality and assume russia is the good guy here... even if we do that, we still are left with the fact that they are lying constantly about everything. Now, just use your brain for once in your life... if they are lying about how well the war is going, about how many people they are recruiting, about how well supplied their army is, etc... how can you possibly ignore the possibility that they are also lying about liberating ukraine from nazis and/or protecting russians in ukraine. It is ofcourse... all bullshit. Russia is doing what all shit dictatorships do... lie, force their population to fight for their mighty powerful wanna-be king dictator, and repress the population.

You are the fanboy. A very pathetic one at that.
American conservatives are getting angsty.

From the American conservative magazine:
“Washington is trying to turn the ruins of the Ukrainian state into an open, unhealed wound right next to Russia. From the very beginning, the problem with this approach was that Russia always had the resources to escalate the fighting dramatically and end the fighting in Ukraine on very harsh terms. And this escalation is already underway. Washington is faced with a stark choice: declare its surrender in Ukraine and scale back its activities, or risk a regional war with Russia that will engulf Europe…”

Oct 30th is rumoured to be day of ultimatum. Russia will demand Ukraine pull out of all territories that voted in referendum including the official administrative borders of said oblasts or there will be a russian declaration of war on ukraine with over 1 million troops sent in.
Last edited by Igor Antunov on 26 Sep 2022 01:56, edited 1 time in total.
By Rugoz
Rancid wrote:@Fasces is an imperialist though.

:?:

Whatever, he's here for honest debate. He reminds me of a time when we weren't mostly "debating" stupid trolls like Igor.
Rugoz wrote::?:

Whatever, he's here for honest debate. He reminds me of a time when we weren't mostly "debating" stupid trolls like Igor.

I'm just spitting straight facts, it is you who is trolling with cope and seethe this whole time. I said Russia would grow larger, I said from the start novorossya is going to exist, I was right on all counts.
By Fasces
Rugoz wrote:Selling weapons explicitly to be used in an aggressive war of conquest. Yes, Iran has a rogue regime and Iranians deserve better.

French and American guns have found themselves used in similar conflicts over the past half-century, and to this day German, American, and French equipment is regularly used in the pacification and conquest of Palestine. I'm happy to call Iran a rogue regime by this standard, as long as we do the same to all merchants of death.

Honestly, I just think they're mad that Iran has enough of a drone industry to be a competitor for those sweet sweet petrodollars. That's money that should be in their pockets, damn it! :lol:
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I 've been genuinely wondering John, are you okay[…]

Lol. @FiveofSwords does not remember that he is[…]

…. I don't know who in their right mind would be[…]

@Godstud I suggest you fact-check that. :lo[…]