Terrorist opens fire at a country music festival in Las Vegas - Page 37 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

The evidence for the United States is pretty clear. Gun ownership levels have soared and homicide levels have plunged. Widespread gun ownership has saved lives. In simple terms bad people already own guns, when gun ownership rises its the good or at least goodish people who are getting the guns.

Homicides have swung up since Covid but that's hardly surprising, the deleterious effect of lock-down and other fascistic policies.
Fasces wrote:Image

I like the choice of "blood red" as the color to represent American states and their spine-chilling murder rates.

Comes a time when y'all gotta use signifiers to tell the real, real story, son.

soundtrack
Rich wrote:goodish people who are getting the guns

Just this week, I bought an old, well-used, government 1911 pistol dirt cheap (€400 with a box of ammo thrown in). With a barrel that looks shot, it still makes 2" groups at 10 yards offhand.

Malta's homicide rate remains the same.

Homicides have swung up since Covid

That doesn't surprise me.

I've nothing against good people buying guns. It just seems foolish that many American first-time buyers are buying them without thinking to train on how to use them safely.
ingliz wrote:
Just this week, I bought an old, well-used, government 1911 pistol dirt cheap (€400 with a box of ammo thrown in). With a barrel that looks shot, it still makes 2" groups at 10 yards offhand.

Malta's homicide rate remains the same.

That doesn't surprise me.

I've nothing against good people buying guns. It just seems foolish that many American first-time buyers are buying them without thinking to train on how to use them safely.

I used to have one of those. They used to make replacement barrels using modern methods, way more accurate. I assume they still do. The one I had was also slightly longer than standard. It worked.
Rich wrote:In simple terms bad people already own guns, when gun ownership rises its the good or at least goodish people who are getting the guns.

Yes, a lot of bad guys who wear black hats and spit on the sidewalk... own guns.

This can cause crimes.

But if white-hats who own poodles and have immaculate fingernails ... if they buy little white guns with crucifixes on them... then good can finally triumph over evil.

In one huge gun-duel on the OK corral called "a civil war."
late wrote:...like watching a 10 year old...

Yes, young kids tend to think that mean words can win an argument. At that age, they don't have the brains or wisdom to win any other way, late.

But back to bag-guys with guns needin' shootin'.

Likewise, we have a lot of bad-guy pedestrians and cyclists who seem dedicated to slowing down all those hard-working heterosexual motorists who are just trying to get to work to make money for medicine for their sick grandmothers.

Building bike paths or sidewalks is actually a hate crime against good solid Americans.
Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oex20hQeQp4 No, […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lhTHsvuKa4s

He's a parasite

Trump Derangement Syndrome lives. :O