Is it time to start discussing the 25th Amendment? - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

BlutoSays wrote:While Reagan said NO at reykjavik and eventually caused the Soviet Union to buckle and fall, ...

Wow. Reagan is being interpreted as a Roman God-Emperor.

He snaps his Hollywood-enhanced finger, and other countries crumble to dust.

I see how this might make trailer-park-dwelling oxycontin-users feel powerful.
@BlutoSays

Reagan was POTUS during the Iran Contra scandal.

The Iran–Contra affair (Persian: ماجرای ایران-کنترا, Spanish: Caso Irán–Contra), often referred to as the Iran–Contra scandal, the McFarlane affair (in Iran),[1] or simply Iran–Contra, was a political scandal in the United States that occurred during the second term of the Reagan administration. Between 1981 and 1986, senior administration officials secretly facilitated the sale of arms to Iran, which was the subject of an arms embargo.[2] The administration hoped to use the proceeds of the arms sale to fund the Contras, a right-wing rebel group, in Nicaragua. Under the Boland Amendment, further funding of the Contras by the government had been prohibited by Congress.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran–Contra_affair
BlutoSays wrote:
Reagan had a degree in economics.]

Stockman couldn't get Reagan to work with him. Eventually he figured out Reagan couldn't do math. He eventually reduced it to multiple choice questions on 3x5 cards.

That's beyond pathetic, given his age, a stroke is likely. Read Stockman's first book The Triumph of Politics.

The average Reagan budget deficit, for just one year, was almost as much as 4 years of Carter deficits... Remember "Debt doesn't matter"? That was the mantra Republicans had to parrot back then, it was weird seeing guys that had been bitching about the debt saying that.
BlutoSays wrote:Reagan had a degree in economics. He was Governor of California, so he RAN the state. He was even a democrat until the party became nuttier and nuttier and switched parties.

By nuttier and nuttier you mean Medicare. When courageously Democrats followed in the Reaganite tradition and at least start reducing government waste expenditure on terminally ill people through death panels, idiot Republicans supported unrestricted medicare spending. one of the slogans of the tea baggers was "Government get your hands off my medicare."

Reagan it should be remembered, held traditional Christian values in contempt and introduced no fault divorce to California. Hollywood and the likes of Ronald Reagan did far more to destroy traditional Christian values than the communists ever did.
late wrote:Stockman couldn't get Reagan to work with him. Eventually he figured out Reagan couldn't do math. He eventually reduced it to multiple choice questions on 3x5 cards.

That's beyond pathetic, given his age, a stroke is likely. Read Stockman's first book The Triumph of Politics.

The average Reagan budget deficit, for just one year, was almost as much as 4 years of Carter deficits... Remember "Debt doesn't matter"? That was the mantra Republicans had to parrot back then, it was weird seeing guys that had been bitching about the debt saying that.

:roll:

Reagan shut down the federal government eight times over budget battles with congress.

That's when we actually had 13 separate budgets in congress to pass every year, and didn't just take the lazy way out and roll everything in to one omnibus budget that no one reads.

Additionally, they didn't have "voting by proxy" which is what the demtards have instituted today in congress. You leftist fucks have more ways to fuck the country than ever before.

Biden has already had two strokes, dumbass.

BTW, Reagan won 49 states in his re-election in 1984 and 44 states in 1980.
BlutoSays wrote:
Biden has already had two strokes, dumbass.

Depends on the part of the brain that is damaged, and how much recovery happened. Back then, recovery was nowhere near as advanced as it is now...

Stockman wasn't the only guy that noticed his impairment. I've seen similar comments in a number of accounts written by members of his administration, they mostly say the same thing...
late wrote:Depends on the part of the brain that is damaged, and how much recovery happened. Back then, recovery was nowhere near as advanced as it is now...

Stockman wasn't the only guy that noticed his impairment. I've seen similar comments in a number of accounts written by members of his administration, they mostly say the same thing...

I don't give a damn. Biden is a walking shit show, literally and figuratively.

Who cares what you've "seen". You will say whatever you have to in rationalizing the failure of the modern DNC.

:D

Pants-of-dog wrote:Exactly.

Reagan was more popular when he was suffering from dementia.

Americans wanted an actor that could read pleasant-sounding pro-Americana soundbites on TV at night, before bednight. Like warm milk.

Jimmy Carter had been all "we need to change, our economy is in trouble, our problems are great," and then Hollywood showed up with "Let's make America great again" and "It's morning in America." Carter had a brain, but America wanted commercial slogans instead.

I can see why TV-addicted Americans prefer happy cartoon governance.
Last edited by QatzelOk on 05 Oct 2022 14:44, edited 1 time in total.
Why in God's name should people waste time considering the 25th Amendment? I just don't understand why you @BlutoSays think that if Kamilla Harris was made President things would be so much better. If Biden's not capable of running his administration I don't see why an informal Democratic coterie should perform any worse than Kamilla. I mean in the last Presidency I was never sure why Democrats were so keen to make Mike Pence President, but it was at least plausible that Pence would be somewhat different to Trump.

In what ways do you think Harris is better than Biden or his current handlers?
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

This war is going to drag on for probably another[…]

4 foot tall Chinese parents are regularly giving b[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

https://twitter.com/hermit_hwarang/status/1779130[…]

Iran is going to attack Israel

All foreign politics are an extension of domestic[…]