Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 424 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

BlutoSays wrote:Think like a Russian, not a westerner. They love strong leaders. They (the population) love the idea of dominating and winning.

Freedom is less important to them. Hell, they monitor the shit out of their people and the larger populace is OK with it. If the FSB or the local police come along and kick the shit out of you... everyone thinks you had it coming.

This is not peculiarly Russian. Almost every society throughout human history has been like this. It’s the modern ‘developed’ West which is the oddball. And far from being the future of humanity, it will probably just turn out to have been a flash in the pan.

What Putin gains by using nukes is everyone takes him seriously again. He freezes much of the dissention and rolls over his enemies and gets what he wants with iron-fisted tactics.

What kid gloves? We've transmitted weakness for so long, it doesn't hold water anymore. He's having oligarchs thrown out of windows FFS! I'm talking reality, not what you would "like" to happen.

This feelgood thought is so surreal.

The West has been handing out the Kool-Aid since 1945. Can you blame people for having drunk it?
BlutoSays wrote:What kid gloves? We've transmitted weakness for so long, it doesn't hold water anymore. He's having oligarchs thrown out of windows FFS! I'm talking reality, not what you would "like" to happen.

This feelgood thought is so surreal.

No one's dared use Nukes against the US before (and it would most definitely be a strike directed against the US). Lets see what happens if/when they do. My thoughts are it would be a major provocation from the US's point of view, as its a significant threat to their military hegemony.

Apart from her nuclear arsenal, Russia is a political and economic lightweight on the world stage. I don't imagine the US will have much trouble relegating Russia to North Korea status - and that can be done without even using a military response.
Potemkin wrote:This is not peculiarly Russian. Almost every society throughout human history has been like this. It’s the modern ‘developed’ West which is the oddball. And far from being the future of humanity, it will probably just turn out to have been a flash in the pan.

The West has been handing out the Kool-Aid since 1945. Can you blame people for having drunk it?

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with what I stated?
GandalfTheGrey wrote:No one's dared use Nukes against the US before (and it would most definitely be a strike directed against the US). Lets see what happens if/when they do. My thoughts are it would be a major provocation from the US's point of view, as its a significant threat to their military hegemony.

Apart from her nuclear arsenal, Russia is a political and economic lightweight on the world stage. I don't imagine the US will have much trouble relegating Russia to North Korea status - and that can be done without even using a military response.

Why are you jumping to nukes against the U.S.? I never stated that.

Step one... Russia nukes some of Ukraine. NOW WHAT?

As far as your second paragraph, I don't disagree Russia is a political and economic lightweight. So as for relegating RU to NK status, why hasn't that been done yet?
Last edited by BlutoSays on 06 Oct 2022 14:24, edited 2 times in total.
BlutoSays wrote:Are you agreeing or disagreeing with what I stated?

Agreeing with caveats. My usual MO. Lol. ;)
By Wels
Putin’s Dueling Foot Soldiers Are Now Apparently Killing Each Other Off

Russia's mercenary arm, the Wagner group has been killing dozens of russian soldiers. Wagner encompasses many hundreds of former prison inmates, untrained and far from the "professional" attitude they try to spread.

"Putin's plan has backfired as the private military force butts heads with the Russian military. The growing conflict resulted in a Wagner fighter gunning down a lieutenant colonel in the Russian army—a deadly episode of “friendly fire” that the Kremlin is said to be trying to sweep under the rug, according to the human rights group Gulagu.net."
https://t.me/NetGulagu/3503?single

The shooting is not the only recent instance of infighting between russian troops. Earlier this week, a mass brawl broke out between newly drafted russian troops and contract soldiers at a military base outside Moscow, Baza reported.
https://t.me/bazabazon/13626

"Nearly two dozen contract soldiers are said to have taken a beating from the draftees and were rescued after locking themselves in a separate room and phoning police for help. The fight reportedly erupted after some of the contract soldiers demanded the newly arrived draftees hand over their mobile phones and gear.

It is all going according to Putin's plan. Would be funny if it wasn't so tragic that innocent people on both sides are losing their lives due to corruption and incompetence of some potentate stuck in medieval times.
https://www.yahoo.com/news/putin-due...155912351.html
By Rich
Drlee wrote:Absolutely none of this is true. Where is the fuck do you get your nonsense? Wait. Perhaps you are going to tell me that Trump is a "strong leader". :lol: He still has his jaws locked permanently around Putin's dick.

The reason that Putin is in a terrible mess is that he waited eight years before fully committing his military. Why did he wait eight years? Because he wouldn't have dared to invade while Trump was President. It was Biden's debacle in Afghanistan that made Putin over confident. He thought he just had to kick in the door to the West and the whole rotten structure would come tumbling down. Unfortunately for Putin he ran smack bang into Boris Johnson. It was Boris that led the free world's stand against Putin. Oh and that's not just my opinion. Zelensky and the Ukrainians known full well that without Boris's leadership Ukraine would be suing for peace now.
Comrade Elon Muskovich reporting for duty:

GandalfTheGrey wrote:No one's dared use Nukes against the US before (and it would most definitely be a strike directed against the US). Lets see what happens if/when they do. My thoughts are it would be a major provocation from the US's point of view, as its a significant threat to their military hegemony.

As far as your second paragraph, I don't disagree Russia is a political and economic lightweight. So as for relegating RU to NK status, why hasn't that been done yet?

TICK TOCK.
By late
BlutoSays wrote:

That first one is a good question.

The second question is a partial answer to your first one..

We haven't declared Russia to be a terrorist state because that would cut off all trade, including oil and gas. Europe is already hurting, cutting off Russian everything would increase their pain.

But if Putin uses nukes, you can bet we will. Europe hates nuclear rain. We would also likely take out some of their transport infrastructure to keep Putin from getting much out of using the nuclear weapon.
BlutoSays wrote:Why are you jumping to nukes against the U.S.? I never stated that.

TICK TOCK.

The we open a can of whip ass on him. Unless the Republicans, who are enamored with Putin because they see him as trumps puppet master, stop us from doing it.

Make no mistake. It is not Trump's strength that stopped this war. It is his abject weakness.

As to what @Rich is trolling. Makes absolutely no sense at all. As usual.
By Rugoz
Verv wrote:The Pew poll vaguely refers to collecting the opinions in the Spring of 2014.

Vaguely? It says 5th to 23th April, after the annexation of Crimea. Too lazy to open a pdf? :knife:

Verv wrote:Pew is also something that has likely been infiltrated and functions as an asset of US regime media.

:lol:

Fuck off.

Verv wrote:Or not.

Not "or not". I provided various evidence for 2014/2017/2019, you did nothing.

Verv wrote:Can you imagine a scenario..

I can imagine a lot of things. Stop the distraction.

Verv wrote:Would you like to enjoy it out from under the paywall? Here it is at archive.today.

That's not a link to the poll in question. :eh:
BlutoSays wrote:Why are you jumping to nukes against the U.S.? I never stated that.

I clearly stated I consider a nuke attack against Ukraine is a nuke attack against the US. And with Igor's hysterical rhetoric about Russia up against "NATOkranians" and "NATO zerglings" - I'm sure he for one would agree. Not many people would view this war outside the prism of a Russia vs US proxy war.

Mostly an unhealthy dependence on Russian gas by western European countries. But I believe this is quickly being remedied as we speak. More broadly, the US rightly considers that Russia adds more value to the global community by being part of it, and Putin's quirks are mostly tolerated. There are limits though.
GandalfTheGrey wrote:I clearly stated I consider a nuke attack against Ukraine is a nuke attack against the US. And with Igor's hysterical rhetoric about Russia up against "NATOkranians" and "NATO zerglings" - I'm sure he for one would agree. Not many people would view this war outside the prism of a Russia vs US proxy war.

Mostly an unhealthy dependence on Russian gas by western European countries. But I believe this is quickly being remedied as we speak. More broadly, the US rightly considers that Russia adds more value to the global community by being part of it, and Putin's quirks are mostly tolerated. There are limits though.

So a nuclear attack on Ukraine is an attack on us. But a conventional attack on Ukraine is not a conventional attack on us? Well there's a fairy tale.

I don't know how quickly dependence on Russian gas by western European countries is going to happen. There are some pretty ugly scenarios being gamed.

"the US rightly considers that Russia adds more value to the global community by being part of it, and Putin's quirks are mostly tolerated." No, that's where you are wrong. When it comes right down to it, Russia will always be our enemy. They will only befriend us to bury us. They're a natural competitor. It's in their DNA. So while the leftists work to appease everyone (including Iran with JCPOA), what they're actually doing is weakening the U.S. over a longer time period.
Drlee wrote:The we open a can of whip ass on him. Unless the Republicans, who are enamored with Putin because they see him as trumps puppet master, stop us from doing it.

Make no mistake. It is not Trump's strength that stopped this war. It is his abject weakness.

As to what @Rich is trolling. Makes absolutely no sense at all. As usual.

You need to be specific. What is this can of whip ass? Troops? Artillery? Missiles into Russia?

Trump's strength (determination) stopped everyone in their tracks. He had a big dick. That's right. You read it correctly. He was not afraid to let you know where you stood. It was a head game and it worked. More than that, he was definitely not predictable ON PURPOSE. He was mercurial. In other words, don't fuck with it, because you don't know what will happen.

You don't like threats... it's SO GAUCHE, right? But it works when you're dealing with tyrants. Everyone just thinks "stay the fook out of his lane". Are we going to see Joe Biden walking over the border into North Korea to have a discussion with Kim?

Trump on telling Chinese President Xi about Syria airstrikes over the most beautiful piece of chocolate cake :lol:

@Rancid @JohnRawls

I was a big fan of Elon Musk and his business skills. But he fucked up with his comments on Ukraine.

Andrea Dudik of Time wrote:Tesla Chief Executive Officer Elon Musk drew the wrath of Ukrainians from the president on down for Twitter posts urging Ukraine to seek a negotiated solution to the invasion by Russia and to cede Crimea for good.

Musk also launched a Twitter poll asking citizens of occupied areas of eastern Ukraine recently annexed by the Kremlin— plus Crimea, which Moscow took in 2014—to decide if they want to live in Russia or Ukraine. The survey comes as Ukraine, Europe and the US denounce President Vladimir Putin’s move to annex four regions and declare them Russian territory.

https://time.com/6219480/elon-musk-ukraine/
By Rancid
Politics_Observer wrote:I was a big fan of Elon Musk and his business skills. But he fucked up with his comments on Ukraine.

Elon is a weasel. This has been obvious for quite some time now.
Politics_Observer wrote:I was a big fan of Elon Musk and his business skills. But he fucked up with his comments on Ukraine.

His proposal isn't so bad in theory but terrible in practice in so many ways.

Threatening Crimea is absolutely essential for Ukraine, otherwise Russia has no incentive to agree to a peace deal at some point down the line.

You should put the full quote I am of the o[…]

Muscovite’s Slaughter of Indigenous People in Alas[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's prom[…]

No, it doesn't. The US also wants to see Hamas top[…]