Developing World Problems in the USA - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

BlutoSays wrote:Image

Um.

Just for the record, the close Russia ally Kazakhstan, a country that formerly was part of the soviet union, holds almost 50% of the worlds trade with uranium.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... by-country

And even without Kazakhstan, Russia would still have uranium on its own as well.

So the idea that Russia actually needs the USA to get uranium is thus, well, super funny. :lol: The USA has no uranium of its own.

Also of course Putin doesnt threaten anyone with nuclear weapons. :roll: Other than the usual nuclear deterrence.
wat0n wrote:Italy's, France's (there are similar/worse slums in Paris), etc... I'd say the American and Canadian poor generally have better housing.

Again, I think it depends on ethnicity and how that ethnic group is related to the state and the economic system.

While I am not certain about how black communities deal with access to decent housing, I would not be surprised if their experiences were comparable to many people in the developing world. It is almost certainly still not equal to white North Americans, since redlining is either still a thing or ended recently enough to still have an impact.

I know for certain that many Indigenous communities in Canada have poor access to decent housing (especially on reserves and remote communities) that is easily comparable to the developing world. This is probably also true for the USA.

Consequently, it is most likely that these two groups often deal with housing comparable to that found in the developing world, while the rest of North America does so well that it brings the average close to European standards.

———————-

Unthinking Majority wrote:Is America more strict on law enforcement, or do they just have more idiots walking around that need to be jailed? :lol:

I just assume that it is the most profitable arrangement. The more people incarcerated, the more money is generated for the rich.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Again, I think it depends on ethnicity and how that ethnic group is related to the state and the economic system.

While I am not certain about how black communities deal with access to decent housing, I would not be surprised if their experiences were comparable to many people in the developing world. It is almost certainly still not equal to white North Americans, since redlining is either still a thing or ended recently enough to still have an impact.

I know for certain that many Indigenous communities in Canada have poor access to decent housing (especially on reserves and remote communities) that is easily comparable to the developing world. This is probably also true for the USA.

Consequently, it is most likely that these two groups often deal with housing comparable to that found in the developing world, while the rest of North America does so well that it brings the average close to European standards.

It may depend on where in the US you live, too. At least the poor Black neighborhoods in Chicago have better housing than those slums.

Understandable, too, I don't think you can survive Chicago's or Canada's winters in a dwelling like the one I posted.
Pants-of-dog wrote:Image

This plywood shack is common for Canadian Indigenous families living in remote communities. I doubt that it has a higher R value than the one from Europe.

Probably, although that one in Europe is in Rome... Not in a remote community.
Sure.

Anyway, it seems that while the USA is comparable to developed countries in terms of average access to decent housing, this is not true across all ethnic groups. But again, this is also true in other developed countries.

So, in this respect, the USA is more like a developed country.
Negotiator wrote:Um.

Just for the record, the close Russia ally Kazakhstan, a country that formerly was part of the soviet union, holds almost 50% of the worlds trade with uranium.

https://worldpopulationreview.com/count ... by-country

And even without Kazakhstan, Russia would still have uranium on its own as well.

So the idea that Russia actually needs the USA to get uranium is thus, well, super funny. :lol: The USA has no uranium of its own.

Also of course Putin doesnt threaten anyone with nuclear weapons. :roll: Other than the usual nuclear deterrence.

@BlutoSays is an absolute moron that knows nothing, especially not history. Also, a lot of Russian Uranium came from various Soviet "closed" cities. Including Mayluu-Suu, Uzbekistan. Which is the location of very high cancer rates because the Soviets didn't give a shit about the local non-Russian population and stripped the hills without controlling run off into the water streams. Still a big problem to this day.

Bluto is criminally dumb.
Rancid wrote:@BlutoSays is an absolute moron that knows nothing, especially not history. Also, a lot of Russian Uranium came from various Soviet "closed" cities. Including Mayluu-Suu, Uzbekistan. Which is the location of very high cancer rates because the Soviets didn't give a shit about the local non-Russian population and stripped the hills without controlling run off into the water streams. Still a big problem to this day.

Bluto is criminally dumb.

Stop diverting. :)

viewtopic.php?f=42&t=182789

Re: Why do Americans automatically side with Ukra[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

@Godstud did you ever have to go through any of t[…]

Gaza is not under Israeli occupation. Telling […]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/178113719[…]