Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 425 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Rancid
Igor Antunov wrote:The NATO lolffensive has stalled. Oh no no no winter is coming

Do you have photo's of Putin in you home?
Yes, panic little piggy. Panic indeed.

NATO threw every thing it had at Russia (every ukrainian and foreign mercenary) and couldn't retake anything significant, couldn't inflict any losses on the Russians. Now it has stalled just in time for Russian mobilization to wrap up. 200,000 dead and wounded, EU and US economies collapsing, Russia resurgent. :lol:
Last edited by Igor Antunov on 07 Oct 2022 02:14, edited 1 time in total.
BlutoSays wrote:So a nuclear attack on Ukraine is an attack on us. But a conventional attack on Ukraine is not a conventional attack on us? Well there's a fairy tale.

lol, I said nothing of the kind.

From both Russia's and the US's point of view, they are fighting each other. Now. With conventional weapons. But this is not so remarkable - a proxy war between two cold enemies using conventional weapons. Happens all the time. What would significantly up the ante though is if one side started gaily tossing around nukes. *THAT* would be uncharted territory.

"the US rightly considers that Russia adds more value to the global community by being part of it, and Putin's quirks are mostly tolerated." No, that's where you are wrong. When it comes right down to it, Russia will always be our enemy. They will only befriend us to bury us. They're a natural competitor. It's in their DNA. So while the leftists work to appease everyone (including Iran with JCPOA), what they're actually doing is weakening the U.S. over a longer time period.

You've forgotton recent history. It was Trump and the repugs who were busily appeasing Putin. Biden has spent most of his time since trying to undo the damage.
GandalfTheGrey wrote:trolling doesn't suit you Igor. You used to be fun when you actually posted useful stuff.

But thats your coping I guess.

I've been spitting the way this is going to go down from the start, that isn't about to change because the media got into your head spinning a divergent narrative. Russia will take what it annexed, then take more and more for as long as a pro-western Ukraine exists. Ukraine will be ass blasted and the collective west may never recover from the economic and energy fallout. The BRICS led multipolar world is here to stay, with the west increasingly isolated. Russia is backed by 80% of the world population and 95% of its resource base. These aren't opinions, these are facts. Been preaching them since 2008. The looming end of the petro-dollar will seal the deal, perhaps then you will be liberated from the media mind control narrative.

I keep saying 'winter is coming' but you think it's a meme, a troll? It hasn't sunk in for any of you yet. Don't worry. It will.
Igor Antunov wrote:I've been spitting the way this is going to go down from the start

You've been spitting BS from the very beginning Igor. You are a blind partisan - I get that - even respect it to some extent. But you can't expect to be taken seriously when you simply dismiss facts on the ground for some wild western conspiracy for mind control. The retake of Lyman is not a "divergent narrative" - nor was the liberation of thousands of square km's to its north in a spectacular blitz. The current route of Russian forces in Kherson region is not a "divergent narrative" either. Also not a "divergent narrative" is the cluster-fuck that is the current mobilization attempt - new recruits dumped in empty fields with no food or shelter and no instructions, 10s of thousands of military aged men fleeing the country, people calling up Ukranian hotline asking the proper procedure for surrendering to Ukranian forces...

Then in the face of humiliating routes and retreats and mobilization cluster-fucks - that not even you can dispute - you try and salvage some credibility by adjusting your predictions to a 50 or 100 year timeline, or whatever. You adjust your heroic assessment of the ability of the Russian army by claiming Russia will instead conquer Ukraine through western-style civilian terrorist attacks (laughable given all the years you spent boasting that this was only something the evil west would do). Its just pathetic.

Still. Despite the transparent bullshit, you did offer some entertainment value, as you usually brought along some interesting insights. Not now though. In order to cope, you are now reduced to idiotic troll memes. Sad.
Igor Antunov wrote:The NATO lolffensive has stalled. Oh no no no winter is coming

Man, i can feel your hard copium from the other side of the world. It has been 1 day without news about captures and you are writing this. Ever considered that after such huge gains soldiers actually need to pull up logistics and may be rest a bit :lol: I mean if you are the Russian orc then i guess LEEEEEEEROYYYY JENKIIINS can be done but we all saw how that went under Kiev.
Igor Antunov wrote:Summary: Putin outlines the reason why Ukraine is about to be deleted.

You were wrong Igor. Ukraine wasn't about to be deleted. The thaw came and Ukraine wasn't deleted. Summer arrived and Ukraine still wasn't deleted. And the after a while summer came to an end and weirdly Ukraine still has not been defeated,

You tell us that a winter is coming, like you're telling us some ominous wisdom of great import. I'm concerned that you're getting the fantasy world of Game of Thrones muddled up with the real world. Putin is not the Night King he doesn't get special powers in winter.

Yes we know winter is coming. It begins officially on December 1. I can confidently predict that you will be wrong yet again. Winter will arrive and Ukraine will still exist as a NATO friendly, Russiaphobic independent country. I'm happy to go further and predict that on Jan 1st 2023, three months from now, Ukraine will still not have been deleted. I'm not going to go further because in these sorts of conflict predictions I feel predictions beyond three months should be ignored. three months more is quite enough to commit to listening to your bull shit.
By Rugoz
Igor Antunov wrote:The BRICS led multipolar world is here to stay, with the west increasingly isolated. Russia is backed by 80% of the world population and 95% of its resource base. These aren't opinions, these are facts.

Nobody sanctions the West.

Nobody backs Russia except Iran, whose regime will eventually collapse.

You're an epic moron and de facto pro-Western troll. :lol:
By ingliz
GandalfTheGrey wrote:if one side started gaily tossing around nukes. *THAT* would be uncharted territory.

US intelligence agencies believe that Putin has come to see defeat in Ukraine as an existential threat to his regime, which he associates with an existential threat to Russia, potentially justifying, according to his worldview, the use of nuclear weapons.

If Russia uses nuclear weapons and even if the US response is conventional...

I don’t think there’s any such thing as the ability to easily (use) a tactical nuclear weapon and not end up with Armageddon.

— Pres. Biden, 6 Oct. 2022
By Rich
ingliz wrote:US intelligence agencies believe that Putin has come to see defeat in Ukraine as an existential threat to his regime, which he associates with an existential threat to Russia, potentially justifying, according to his worldview, the use of nuclear weapons.

If Russia uses nuclear weapons and even if the US response is conventional...

I don’t think there’s any such thing as the ability to easily (use) a tactical nuclear weapon and not end up with Armageddon.

— Pres. Biden, 6 Oct. 2022

You see this is why I say that Ukraine is only in the relatively positive military situation its in, because of Boris Johnson, because he became defacto leader of the West at the crucial time. Its very unlikely that Ukrainian morale would have held up without the promise of serious weapon supplies and serious training. As it happens I believe that our leaders did try and slow walk the weapons supply and gave Putin the time to achieve a substantial victory and force Ukraine to the peace table. Putin as it turns out, like Hitler was incapable of making peace, unlike Hitler he was also totally incompetent at making war.

Joe Biden is truly the heir to the Defeatocrats of Vietnam who were so determined to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory and refused to even give air support to the ARVN.
Rich wrote:de facto leader of the West

Complete bollocks!

UK foreign policy is dictated by the US.

America's poodle doesn't do anything without US approval.

:lol:
By Wels
The Danish "Ekstra Bladet" writes:
(quote, translated by DeepL)

Three scenarios left for Putin
"The war in Ukraine is likely to have a deadly outcome for the Russian president, says expert. There is no doubt that the past weeks of fighting in Ukraine have given the Ukrainian forces blood on their teeth.
Despite Putin's recent annexation of four Ukrainian regions, several experts tell Dagbladet and Expressen, among others, that Russian forces are forced to dance to the tune of the Ukrainians.
According to the Swedish newspaper Expressen, Putin even has only three scenarios left - and none of them is winning the battle in Ukraine.

Dismissed, killed or suicide
Senior analyst at the Institute for Psychological Defence in Sweden Per Enerud sees no bright future for the Russian president.
According to him, there is a high probability that the president will not come out of the war alive.
- Either he will be deposed, killed or commit suicide, Enerud tells the newspaper.
Russia expert at the Institute for Foreign Policy in Sweden Hugo von Essen also does not see much chance for Russia.
- Putin will be forced to abandon Ukraine if the Russian army collapses, is defeated or forced out of the country, says Hugo von Essen.

The meat grinder
President Putin has just mobilised 300,000 Russian troops, but experts don't think that will give Russia much chance of winning either.

- The new forces won't get much training or weapons before they are sent to the 'meat grinder', says Palle Ydstebø, a colonel lieutenant at the Norwegian Defence College, to the Norwegian newspaper Dagbladet.
Despite the many recent defeats, Putin still seems to have the support of the Russian people.
According to the independent Russian Analysis Centre, as many as 77% of the population support the president, while 21% are against him.
And if Russia ends up being chased out of Ukraine, even that will not make Putin admit defeat to the Russian people.

According to Ydstebø, the Ukrainians stop fighting at the border with Russia, and so Putin will announce through the state-controlled media that Russia has succeeded in defending its borders against the West."
Rancid wrote:@Igor Antunov, you think Putin is going to slip on a banana peel and fall out of a window?

He will probably have an accidental contact of metal object with his head.

There is no NATO offensive. NATO is neutral in this whole thing. It is not involved at all. If it was involved Russia would be over. It is defenseless against NATO. It would be obliterated in days.
By Rancid
Igor Antunov wrote:Yes, panic little piggy. Panic indeed.

Ukrainians panic as the Russians retreat victoriously in the Kherson region.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

...The French were the first "genociders&quo[…]

A gentle tongue speaks many languages.. :lol:[…]

Wishing Georgia and Georgians success as they seek[…]

@FiveofSwords Bamshad et al. (2004) showed, […]