Elon Musk may be planning hostile takeover of Twitter - declines board seat with majority share - Page 7 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15256794
Drlee wrote:Of course you think this. You belong to a party that owes its entire strength to denying the notion of one person one vote. It is a party that owes its strength to gerrymandering. Direct election (democracy) is your worst enemy. The Democrats and the independents that vote Democrat far outnumber the Republicans and their followers. And do you know what makes you look even more ignorant? The Democratic party is a center right party. FAR from what YOU call liberal.

How about we do what logic should tell us we should do and apportion votes in the Senate by population. Remember Bluto that the constitution says that states have no power except that given by the citizens of that state.

But I know, Bluto, that you would support me when I say that gerrymandering political power is the ultimate intrusion of the state into the rights and privileges of the citizens. So if you support the gerrymandering that is absolutely necessary to maintain the power of the Republican Party, you support the ultimate intrusion of the states into the rights of the citizens.

You are allowed to be a hypocrite. You are allowed to call for this government intrusion into the rights of its citizens at the state level then whine about it at the Federal. You are very good at illogically whining.





I believe it because it is correct. If you don't know the function of the senate before the 17th amendment, then go research it.

You belong to a democrat party that believes in allowing felons to vote and allowing younger and younger people to vote. Of course, if they commit a crime, they're "too young for prosecution because their minds are still forming", but if you see an edge to electing more and more democrats, you're all for them voting.

You say no to voter ID, but meanwhile, the 26th amendment states " The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age." How the hell do you verify age without ID? The fact is, you don't give two-shits about the Constitution.

Let's test that and allow anyone to purchase a firearm without ID and background check because they're good people and there's no need to verify any buyer! No? You don't want that? Why not?

Don't talk to me about being hypocritical. You are right in the middle of it.

Speaking of gubmint intrusion: demanding vaccinations of some, but letting postal workers out of the requirements because you're afraid of losing union support. Meanwhile, you're only to happy about Biden kicking out those in the military about to retire and rejecting vaccinations, because you know it brings down the pension numbers for military retirees, but allows you to reward those military members who knuckle under and agree to your demands. You democrats are now demanding to know about transactions larger than $600 because you want to "get the rich" as if that's going to stop any of the rich. Your real impetus is putting more surveillance on the citizenry for your taxation demands in the future. You leftists pushed to hire 87,000 new IRS agents to harass the citizenry while working overtime to defund the police. You whine about guns used in violence, and completely ignore violence in the inner-shitties, while demanding cashless bail and more prosecutors that allow violent offenders to go free. You weaponize the DOJ/FBI to go after political enemies just like you did decades ago using the IRS to attack political enemies with conservative leanings. Lois Lerner even refused to testify about it after she made her opening statement to congress...bottom line, you democrats are guilty as fuck of abusing the citizenry based on their political leanings.

You know what, Drlee... you are a disgusting leftist individual and an apologist for democrats, plain and simple.

The democrat party today is to the left of Lenin today; they're in favor of collectivism and against the individual to the core. I don't expect you to realize that; you're too stupid and have conveniently forgotten too much of the past.

Stop whining about gerrymandering. You leftist DEMOCRATS are front and center in practicing gerrymandering every chance you get. We're not in iron-fisted communism just yet, but you're working overtime to instantiate it.

Democrat party center-right today my ass:








#15256801
BlutoSays wrote:
No, that's actually you.

https://www.history.com/this-day-in-his ... eball-game



That was not an attempt to overthrow the government.

Unlike Republicans after Jan 6, the Dems condemned the violence, and rejected the idea of violence as a means to enact change.

Sorry, kiddo, you have been too enthusiastic, too often, the lie your way out of this one.
#15256811
BlutoSays wrote:I believe it because it is correct. If you don't know the function of the senate before the 17th amendment, then go research it.

You belong to a democrat party


I gave you a chance, I'm gonna shit on you more now.

Like what the fuck I didn't even know the Democrats were franchising their party now. You are as bad with words as you are with everything else.
#15256819
BlutoSays wrote:go research it.

A 1912 Senate investigation of bribery and corruption in the election of Illinois Senator William Lorimer indicated that only a constitutional amendment mandating the direct election of senators by a state's citizenry would satisfy public demands for reform.


:lol:
#15256820
Well I knew that the call to tell us how the government was abusing you personally would not work.

Let me correct you. I know you would not want to lie.

You belong to a democrat party that believes in allowing felons to vote and allowing younger and younger people to vote.


Wrong. I belong to the Republican Party.. And I do not believe felons should ever vote. Or own guns.

You say no to voter ID, but meanwhile, the 26th amendment states " The right of citizens of the United States, who are eighteen years of age or older, to vote shall not be denied or abridged by the United States or by any State on account of age." How the hell do you verify age without ID? The fact is, you don't give two-shits about the Constitution.


I did not say "no voter ID". The constitution does not require ID. Indeed at the time it was written, ID was almost unheard of. They could not have wanted it.

Let's test that and allow anyone to purchase a firearm without ID and background check because they're good people and there's no need to verify any buyer! No? You don't want that? Why not?


Different thing. Nice try at 5th grade false equivalency but it won't work here.


Speaking of gubmint intrusion: demanding vaccinations of some, but letting postal workers out of the requirements because you're afraid of losing union support. Meanwhile, you're only to happy about Biden kicking out those in the military about to retire and rejecting vaccinations, because you know it brings down the pension numbers for military retirees, but allows you to reward those military members who knuckle under and agree to your demands.


The word is "government". If you had a literate friend check your work he/she would have corrected you. Perhaps you should try to find a literate friend.

I am a retired military person. It will really not do for a stay-at-home patriot like yourself to talk about that. Suffice it to say that soldiers a) obey their orders and b) do not take actions that will endanger their fellow soldiers or threaten the combat readiness of the military. We, soldiers, have been forced to be vaccinated since before WWI. It is not until Trump told you to complain that any did. As for people processed out for disobeying orders? That is on them.

You democrats are now demanding to know about transactions larger than $600 because you want to "get the rich" as if that's going to stop any of the rich.


I am not a democrat.

Your real impetus is putting more surveillance on the citizenry for your taxation demands in the future. You leftists pushed to hire 87,000 new IRS agents to harass the citizenry while working overtime to defund the police.


Imagine that. I believe people should pay their taxes according to the law. As for this absurd $600.00. You do not understand what you are saying but I will not attempt to correct you other than to say that the law requiring reporting of income has been on the book for generations. And trust me as someone with a pretty good net worth. You are not going to fight tax fraud $600.00 at a time.

You whine about guns used in violence, and completely ignore violence in the inner-shitties, while demanding cashless bail and more prosecutors that allow violent offenders to go free.


Do try to stay on subject. Putting the kitchen sink in one sentence is confusing. I guess this is something you heard on Fox News. The word by the way is "inner cities". This, for you, a racist, is code for black and Latino people not a geographic designation. I will just let your racism speak for itself.

You weaponize the DOJ/FBI to go after political enemies just like you did decades ago using the IRS to attack political enemies with conservative leanings.


I agree that my political party has a rich history of weaponizing government institutions to thwart its political enemies. Of course you should recall that I am a Republican.

Lois Lerner even refused to testify about it after she made her opening statement to congress...bottom line, you democrats are guilty as fuck of abusing the citizenry based on their political leanings.


I am a Republican. And unlike you a conservative. That is a social libertarian and fiscal conservative.


You know what, Drlee... you are a disgusting leftist individual and an apologist for democrats, plain and simple.


You are deluded. Or, just perhaps, not intelligent enough to know what you are writing.

The democrat party today is to the left of Lenin today;


There is no "democrat party". There is a Democratic Party. Perhaps you should take a political science class. (Google "things that happened in 1828".


they're in favor of collectivism and against the individual to the core.


No they are not. They are not my party and I am not defending their beliefs.


I don't expect you to realize that; you're too stupid and have conveniently forgotten too much of the past.


Well I certainly remember a lot more of it than you do son.

Stop whining about gerrymandering.


No. I will not.

You leftist DEMOCRATS are front and center in practicing gerrymandering every chance you get.


Do not be so shallow. Get an adult to read my posts to you. I am against gerrymandering. I believe it should be illegal. I know it is unconstitutional but such a political hot-potato that no SCOTUS will touch it.

We're not in iron-fisted communism just yet, but you're working overtime to instantiate it.


Remember that Political Science class I recommended for you? In it you will learn what "communism" is.

Democrat party center-right today my ass:


Classy.

The US has never seen a communist for either major party as a candidate for President.

It is hard to debate someone who is so far into the shallow end of the pool.

Never wrestle with a pig. You will just get dirty and the pig likes it.
#15256973
Fasces wrote:Image

Wonderful.

Pretty much like the Earth was before humans evolved. Our species is highly unlikely to still exist 88 (or even 14) million years from now. Bear in mind that we only speciated from what later became the chimps about 8 million years ago. And our current technological civilisation is even less likely to survive that long, given the environmental degradation it inevitably causes.

Hey, that was easy. Any other big questions I can answer? :)
#15256986
Potemkin wrote:Pretty much like the Earth was before humans evolved. Our species is highly unlikely to still exist 88 (or even 14) million years from now. Bear in mind that we only speciated from what later became the chimps about 8 million years ago. And our current technological civilisation is even less likely to survive that long, given the environmental degradation it inevitably causes.

Hey, that was easy. Any other big questions I can answer? :)


How come only your fingers and toes get wrinkly in the shower and nothing else does?
#15256987
Why Do Our Fingers and Toes Wrinkle During a Bath?
The spontaneous reflex might have evolved to improve our handling of wet objects
https://www.scientificamerican.com/arti ... ng-a-bath/

Now you know.
#15257016
Fasces wrote:Image

Wonderful.


For those who don't get it: They're referencing the 14 words ("We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children") and 88 is nazi code for "Heil Hitler" as H is the 8th letter of the alpahbet.

Maz would be over the moon if he weren't banned. RIP to a real turd.

Image

I work in personal, one on one financial planning but I have an MBA and multiple certifications in the financial field. However, I do not need this expertise to see that Elon turning Twitter into $44billionchan is a Bad Move.
#15257017
SpecialOlympian wrote:For those who don't get it: They're referencing the 14 words ("We must secure the existence of our people and a future for white children") and 88 is nazi code for "Heil Hitler" as H is the 8th letter of the alpahbet.

Maz would be over the moon if he weren't banned. RIP to a real turd.

Image

I work in personal, one on one financial planning but I have an MBA and multiple certifications in the financial field. However, I do not need this expertise to see that Elon turning Twitter into $44billionchan is a Bad Move.

Thank for the clarification, @SpecialOlympian. I don't speak Nazi, so a translation is good to have. I didn't realise just how much of a fucking retard Elon Musk truly was until now. Lol.
#15257019
Potemkin wrote:Thank for the clarification, @SpecialOlympian. I don't speak Nazi, so a translation is good to have. I didn't realise just how much of a fucking retard Elon Musk truly was until now. Lol.


He is literally one of the worst businessmen who has ever lived. PayPal wouldn't be a thing if that blood sucking vampire Peter Thiel hadn't replaced Elon as the Head Moron at Paypal.

I have zero respect for anyone in the tech sector. I think it's a good thing when their companies fail because their business model is always "What if we did [existing business] but we ignored regulations because it's on a phone app?" They can all eat shit in my opinion.

I'm glad Elon is driving Twitter into the ground. Oh no, a bunch of autists are losing their coding jobs where they help spread racism on the internet. Their life's work is crumbling behind them and it can't happen fast enough.

Fucking amateurs. I work in finance. My evil is a low, throbbing hum. Not a loud, attention grabbing burst of criminal energy. You do it through contracts where you extract wealth over years, not by burning billions of dollars in VC funds in the hopes you can become an actual business some day.
#15257021
SpecialOlympian wrote:I have zero respect for anyone in the tech sector. I think it's a good thing when their companies fail because their business model is always "What if we did [existing business] but we ignored regulations because it's on a phone app?" They can all eat shit in my opinion.


Agree, I fucking hate this industry, and it's why I've pushed my kids away from it. It's full of a bunch of self-absorbed morons that think they are geniuses. The part that annoys me more are all the morons that fall for it. See all of those moron Musk worshipers as an example.

This industry sucks ass, and half the tech companies that exist pedal bullshit for the sake of bullshit. Nothing truly innovative or helpful to humanity.
#15257031
Rancid wrote:What's up with all the people simping for Musk's man baby tantrum anyway?

Why do these people submit themselves to Musk so much? This is the weirdest thing here.


He's taking us to Mars on a self driving rocket ship that will fly directly into the sun because it mistook the sun for a green light.

He's the epic reddit billionaire!
  • 1
  • 5
  • 6
  • 7
  • 8
  • 9
  • 19
AOC:Puerto Rico is a Neo Colony?

Puerto Rico and the island colonies of the U.S. ar[…]

Exit Brexit, Part Deux

For the British it's hard to see and treat even t[…]

Again, when was the first time a cop was convicte[…]

There should be military retaliation against Chin[…]