White House Deletes Absurd Tweet After CNN, Twitter Slap With Fact Checks - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

White House Deletes Absurd Tweet After CNN, Twitter Slap With Fact Checks

Update (1505ET):

"Welcome to Elon Musk's Twitter."

The system is working
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 2, 2022

Update (1245ET):

Aaaand, it's gone...

WOAH - The White House *deleted* its tweet after Twitter placed a fact-check disclaimer on it. pic.twitter.com/1XJKnjRG5V
— Joseph A. Wulfsohn (@JosephWulfsohn) November 2, 2022

The Biden Administration's latest attempt to rebrand terrible economic news as good news was so blatant that even CNN's fact-checker Daniel Dale called them out.

In a Tuesday tweet, the White House claimed that "Seniors are getting the biggest increase in their Social Security checks in 10 years through President Biden's leadership."

Seniors are getting the biggest increase in their Social Security checks in 10 years through President Biden's leadership.
— The White House (@WhiteHouse) November 1, 2022

Except, that's only because it's tied to inflation - which has skyrocketed.

"That's quite the spin," Dale responded, adding "The size of Social Security checks is linked, by law, to inflation. This year’s increase is unusually big because the inflation rate is unusually big."

when you've lost the "fact checkers"... https://t.co/XKFyvecGx2
— zerohedge (@zerohedge) November 2, 2022

And now, Twitter has 'fact-checked' the White House - something one wouldn't normally expect pre-Elon;

"Seniors will receive a large Social Security benefit increase due to the annual cost of living adjustment, which is based on the inflation rate."

The community notes feature is awesome.

Our goal is to make Twitter the most accurate source of information on Earth, without regard to political affiliation.
— Elon Musk (@elonmusk) November 2, 2022

In other news, Joe Biden said that inflation is a problem because of the "war in Iraq... excuse me, the war in Ukraine," adding "I'm thinking about Iraq because that's where my son died."

NEW - Biden: "Inflation is a worldwide problem right now because of a war in Iraq... excuse me, the war in Ukraine. I'm thinking about Iraq because that's where my son died." pic.twitter.com/G2QeYUqdHN
— Disclose.tv (@disclosetv) November 1, 2022

Biden's son was never in Iraq and died on US soil of brain cancer.

And what did the regime media call Biden's lie about his son? 'Verbal fumbles'

Hat Tip: https://www.zerohedge.com/political/tha ... l-security
I'm surprised we don't appear to have an active thread bemoaning Musk's purchase of Twitter. This is a huge blow to the left-wing echo chamber. It turns out that Twitter (50% of their staff has been fired, far more than that in some countries where they had fewer users) was coordinating with the UN for censorship standards and selling blue check marks for like $15,000 at a time.

Joe's team obviously panicked when they saw him get fact checked, this isn't supposed to happen to them, it only happens to other people :?:

If Ami Ayalon was PM instead of Netanyahu, the top[…]

Oh joining the EU is easy ! Just ask Turkey ! :l[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

They should. That's the role of a tool. Europe […]

Quibbling about terminology is the exact method u[…]