Elon Musk may be planning hostile takeover of Twitter - declines board seat with majority share - Page 10 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15257133
New Twitter Signups Hit All-Time Record Despite Cancel Campaign...

Since Elon Musk bought Twitter with a pledge to restore free speech protections, the media and political establishment have maintained an unrelenting campaign to use pressure from corporations and foreign governments to force him to restore censorship policies. Reporters have covered seemingly every celebrity declaring that they are leaving the site or even selling their Teslas in protest. As companies joined the boycott, commentators gleefully announced the “death,” “collapse,” and “demise” of the social media company with some mocking Musk risking billions of dollars for free speech principles. New figures, however, appear to show that the public is solidly with Musk on the free speech issue. New signups at Twitter are at an all-time high with two million new signups per day.

As these companies and activists demand censorship, customers are signing up in mass to embrace the greater diversity of viewpoints and expression at the company. While companies are yielding to demands from the left that they cut off ad revenue until Musk restores censorship, users are flocking to the site.

The over two million new sign-ups per day represent a 66% increase over the same time frame last year, according to figures released by Musk.

Of course, it has long been known that the public wants more, not less, free speech. It is the political establishment that is struggling to retain control over speech on social media at any cost. Facebook even tried a massive commercial campaign to convince the public to embrace censorship.

President Joe Biden has led calls for censorship on social media, which have been largely heeded by companies like Facebook and Twitter. Biden is accusing Twitter of “spewing lies all across the world” by seeking to reduce one of the largest censorship systems in history. 

President Biden has previously accused social media companies of “killing people” by refusing to impose robust censorship over a wide range of subjects. Many of those banned or censored were doctors with opposing views on the data and the science related to the pandemic.

Some of those doctors were the co-authors of the Great Barrington Declaration, which advocated for a more focused Covid response that targeted the most vulnerable population rather than widespread lockdowns and mandates. Many are now questioning the efficacy and cost of the massive lockdown as well as the real value of masks or the rejection of natural immunities as an alternative to vaccination. Likewise, those who alleged that the virus may have begun in a lab in China were widely denounced and the views barred from being uttered on social media platforms. It was later learned that a number of leading experts raised this theory with Fauci and others early in the pandemic.

We are now seeing increasing evidence of back channels used by government and political figures to maintain a censorship system by surrogate in the social media companies and foreign allies.

President Biden however, has denounced Musk as a guy who “goes out and buys an outfit that spews lies all across the world.” He then claimed “There are no editors anymore. There are no editors anymore.”

The President the added:

“How do people know the truth? What do they — how do they make — make a distinction between fact and fiction? There’s so much — so much going on. And we’re in the middle of this.”

Indeed, perish the thought that citizens might be left to pursue the truth on their own without the government or surrogates in the media framing it for them. How could we possibly “know the truth” without our social media overlords?

Apparently, millions each day are signing up to do precisely that.

As for Musk, he is predicting one billion users in a year. What a nightmare for many in Washington . . . one billion people discussing contemporary issues freely . . . without “editors” telling them what “the truth is.”

https://jonathanturley.org/2022/11/28/n ... -campaign/
Last edited by BlutoSays on 28 Nov 2022 16:32, edited 1 time in total.
#15257152
Drlee wrote:We have seen his Rich's picture. A largish man in a tight white golf shirt,

:lol: Wrong Again DrLee!

When you surf on the internet Grass Hopper leave no image!



There is no image of me on PoFo nor on any other forum, whether political, gaming, tech or software development. I have no social media profile with an image, nor a profile that could link me to photos on other people's profiles. There is no image of me on any Dating Site. There's only one thing out there of significance that I can think of. I very much doubt any of you'll find it, but just so you'll recognise it if you do. I have been interviewed on national (British) television. I'm sitting in full lotus, I'm being interviewed about meditation, and I'm wearing a sarong and only a sarong. :)
#15257387
The point is not that Musk is censoring hate speech. It is that he is deciding what hate speech is and acting according to his own lights.

I call on Apple and Android to deplatform Twitter. I certainly will not buy their products anymore as long as they are advertising on extreme right wing platforms.

This is not about free speech. It is about violent hate speech. I don't expect @BlutoSays to understand this.
#15257391
The problem is that even speech not seen as "hate speech", which is very obvious when set alongside innocent jokes and offensive statements. I've been banned from Facebook and Instagram on occasion for the evil and most vile use of... SARCASM!!!

That people use humour to make points and this offends people, is also a problem. Everything offensive to anyone seems to be grounds for being "cancelled", blocked, banned, de-platformed, etc.

I've seen people banned from YouTube for simply speaking truthfully on subjects, and in no way even approaching misogyny, racism, or hate speech.

I see what Musk is doing, and only time will tell if he does it any better than how it's been done over the last few years. I don't see how he can fail at it, though, as the bar has been set abysmally low.
#15257403
Andy Ngo is a completely and utterly discredited hack. This *actual* buffoon is a known liar, and right-wing provocateur right up there with Infowars.

Forum Lore Moment-

[ Way back in 2005, when the forum was in its Stone Age, a strange account signed up and started posting weird, false right-wing spam. The former owner Siberian Fox noted the pest, warned him, and ultimately banned him. ]


I mean, the pathetic part is in taking Andy Ngo seriously at all. Its like reading the National Inquirer and putting on your tinfoil hat so the aliens don't get you after skimming the articles.


The little Nazi needs a solid ass-kicking. No, not death. Just an old-fashioned beatdown. I would have punched if I could have in Denver, but he hid behind glass and tried to film us while Lauren Boebert and her Nazi friends met at the Hyatt Regency across the street to talk... Well, Nazi shit! (You can look up this event on Google if you like comrade Bluto).

Chants:
*Hyatt cashes Nazi checks*

Whatever else you are Bluto if you post Andy Ngo's horseshit... you are seriously deluded brah, and there is no sleight of hand or clever wordplay or whatever propagandistic nonsense you can dream up that will ever change this.

Andy's really lucky he's such a big chicken shit.

Anti-fascists have a legit beef with this turd for doxxing them to violent right-wingers, creating kill lists for The Base and other violent right-wing groups (Like the III%ers, Oath Keepers, and a whole lot of other nasties), and for blatantly lying about anything he can imagine.

I take Nazis and the threat of the right seriously. I don't care if this makes me "a nerd". I have the German Iron Front logo inked on my left bicep for just this reason. Though I wouldn't call myself Anti-Communist and I'm no neoliberal in any sense.

Lastly:

I should tell you that at that protest in Denver I literally watched the police protect armed (clubs, mace, tasers, etc) and armored (Full tactical riot gear) III%ers (The same people who did the January 6th Insurrection and killed and injured cops). They were going to encircle us, but some of us caught on and busted them... The cops were helping them until we started filming them together!

Ultimately we made them stand down and both cops and III%ers left us to scream at their Nazi friends in peace.

We all left the protest a few hours later without incident.

During the protest, a homeless man attacked some firemen. He had just gotten triggered from all the commotion around his corner. One of our guys talked the homeless man down and diffused the situation. The firemen let it go.

https://crimethinc.com/

Crime think is simply not a terrorist organization. It's an Anarchist/Anti-Fascist resistance organization. It is designated a terrorist organization by literally NO MAJOR GOVERNING BODY! You don't just get to make it up when you or Andy Ngo, or Elon want to Blutosays, on the contrary, every bit of misinformation you spread discredits you all the more when someone can just search "Terrorist Organizations" and see that Crimethink isn't one of them. Proves Elon is just a gullible dickwad, frankly. Also very likely just another dirty Imperialist scum (Well we know that from the Valenzuela Lithium scam he pulled a couple of years ago so... there is that).

I mean, by your non-standard the entire Republican Party, all its outliers, sycophants, and assorted miscreants (That would be the followers who blindly repeat the disinformation apparatus's horseshit) are all terrorists too. You certainly manage to spread death to anyone not... You.

Amarchists do violent crime against property, not people. Look up the stats, extremely low death totals and almost none will be about murdering anyone outright.

Now punching Nazis, as I'll always note, is ALWAYS ok, and ALWAYS desirable. Shooting them? Other violence? Nah.

THAT'S what Crimethink teaches, lol. You silly hack.

"Violent scary Anarchists"

We spend 90% of our "Active" days cooking food for the homeless and distro'ing supplies to street folks.

We also disrupt street sweeps of homeless people when possible. (It became impossible in Denver as the sweeps are now so often it would take a literal army to stop them).

Blutosays a bunch of mularky is what Blutosays.
Last edited by Morgan Le Fey on 01 Dec 2022 09:19, edited 2 times in total.
#15257406
Sorry to double, but the topic man...


I cam here BECAUSE twitter is absolutely fucked and is untenable. (Why would I waste time investing in Twitter relationships only to get banned for failing to tag a troll bot for what it is?) Fuck Twitter and Elon can eat five asses.

I was banned SIX FUCKING TIMES from that hell site.

1. I said "Death to White" to a Nazi. This of course meant the concept. Twitter's Twats took it as a moment of "Self-Genocide" or something.
2. Got in a feud with Kirsty Alley. I said she was a mediocre actress and the Church of Scientology was Bullshit.
3. I was arguing with an Oil Goon who was attacking some Indigenous users. I said something to the effect of "The only good oil goon is a silenced oil goon". I kind of meant "quiet" lol, Twitter said it was a threat to kill that poor bot @#^&$^@$^#$&@$^%#.
4. Told a queer man who called some very innocent children "Crotch Goblins" that he was a "Prissy bottom queer".
5. Told a woman who was going around Texas trying to get families of Trans kids arrested for child abuse: "I wish for you to have urinary incontinence for the rest of your life so that each time you pee it a trickle runs down your leg". They banned me in like 20 minutes.
6. Ran across #5 again. Described what happened to another user. Referencing this brought the last ban I'll deal with about 20 minutes later.

I highly doubt Elon will see it in his heart to restore me during his #LOLAMNESTY.

Forum Lore Moment:
[I even found TiG on there once! Lil' bastige wouldn't talk to me!]


/Dander up, Soapbox down.
#15257413
Morgan Le Fey wrote:Sorry to double, but the topic man...


I cam here BECAUSE twitter is absolutely fucked and is untenable. (Why would I waste time investing in Twitter relationships only to get banned for failing to tag a troll bot for what it is?) Fuck Twitter and Elon can eat five asses.

I was banned SIX FUCKING TIMES from that hell site.

1. I said "Death to White" to a Nazi. This of course meant the concept. Twitter's Twats took it as a moment of "Self-Genocide" or something.
2. Got in a feud with Kirsty Alley. I said she was a mediocre actress and the Church of Scientology was Bullshit.
3. I was arguing with an Oil Goon who was attacking some Indigenous users. I said something to the effect of "The only good oil goon is a silenced oil goon". I kind of meant "quiet" lol, Twitter said it was a threat to kill that poor bot @#^&$^@$^#$&@$^%#.
4. Told a queer man who called some very innocent children "Crotch Goblins" that he was a "Prissy bottom queer".
5. Told a woman who was going around Texas trying to get families of Trans kids arrested for child abuse: "I wish for you to have urinary incontinence for the rest of your life so that each time you pee it a trickle runs down your leg". They banned me in like 20 minutes.
6. Ran across #5 again. Described what happened to another user. Referencing this brought the last ban I'll deal with about 20 minutes later.

I highly doubt Elon will see it in his heart to restore me during his #LOLAMNESTY.

Forum Lore Moment:
[I even found TiG on there once! Lil' bastige wouldn't talk to me!]


/Dander up, Soapbox down.


You sound like you have a screw loose somewhere. I like you.

Also crying about getting banned on twitter is just :lol:
#15257414
Morgan Le Fey wrote:Now punching Nazis, as I'll always note, is ALWAYS ok, and ALWAYS desirable. Shooting them? Other violence? Nah.

Ah so you're a fascist then. That's what fascists always do, set themselves up as judge, jury and chief prosecutor, as an excuse to inflict their violent frustrations on others. Fascists always claim to be defending the people from a small group of evil people.

Fascists always say, democracy doesn't work, the rule of law doesn't. Fascists always say that democracy and the rule of law must be by-passed and that they must have the absolute power to deal out violence when ever they want. And when their violence produces a counter violent reaction, that is used as further evidence for abolishing free speech, democracy and the rule of law.

Now I realise that for young people today who want to be like Hitler, Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot it can be quite difficult. Particularly Hitler has given fascism a bad name. So if you want to institute fascism today, you've got to do it in the name of fighting fascism. If you want to feel the thrill, the exhilaration, the freedom of being one of Hitlers brown shirt boot boys, going out on the streets, releasing your frustrations, your anger by venting violence on others, you must do it in the name of opposing Nazis.

For those that want to repeat the violent street thuggery of the Nazis, for those that want to feel the power, the validation, the self identiy of ruling the streets and having everyone else cower in deference. If you want to do it again your slogan must be "Never Again!
#15257415
Rich wrote:Ah so you're a fascist then. That's what fascists always do, set themselves up as judge, jury and chief prosecutor, as an excuse to inflict their violent frustrations on others. Fascists always claim to be defending the people from a small group of evil people.

Fascists always say, democracy doesn't work, the rule of law doesn't. Fascists always say that democracy and the rule of law must be by-passed and that they must have the absolute power to deal out violence when ever they want. And when their violence produces a counter violent reaction, that is used as further evidence for abolishing free speech, democracy and the rule of law.

Now I realise that for young people today who want to be like Hitler, Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot it can be quite difficult. Particularly Hitler has given fascism a bad name. So if you want to institute fascism today, you've got to do it in the name of fighting fascism. If you want to feel the thrill, the exhilaration, the freedom of being one of Hitlers brown shirt boot boys, going out on the streets, releasing your frustrations, your anger by venting violence on others, you must do it in the name of opposing Nazis.

For those that want to repeat the violent street thuggery of the Nazis, for those that want to feel the power, the validation, the self identiy of ruling the streets and having everyone else cower in deference. If you want to do it again your slogan must be "Never Again!


Yeah the Nazis lumped a lot people they did not like as "Cultural Marxists"
#15257417
pugsville wrote:Yeah the Nazis lumped a lot people they did not like as "Cultural Marxists"

No that's a lie. ~The Nazis didn't use the term.

Cultural Marxism is not a conspiracy. there's no central committee directing Cultural Marxists, telling them what to do or say. There is no explicit Cultural Marxist party that you can join. Cultural Marxism has no founder figure like regular or original Marxism. Cultural Marxism is an organic ideology or to be more precise an ideological grouping.

What is Marxism. Orthodox Marxism's goal or mission is to replace the rule of the Bourgeois by the rule of the international Proletariat. Cultural Marxism is Marxism where the Bourgeoisie / Proletariat dichotomy or dialectic if you prefer has been replaced by a different imagined oppressed - oppressor opposition. For some the enemy can be precisely defined, for others its vague. For some this is a very conscious ideological commitment, even if they refuse to call it Cultural Marxism for many its an unconscious ideology.

For the Nazis the number one enemy was the Jews. For Cultural Marxists, its "Nazis", "White Supremacists", Islamosceptics, Imperialists, Zionists, purveyors of Patriarchy, "Trans haters" and probably a few more I haven't mentioned.
#15257438
Rich wrote:Ah so you're a fascist then.


Sounds like the doublespeak Nazis and the "conservatives" who have morphed into Nazis would say.

Muddy the waters so much that no one knows what words mean.

Keep failin love.

Now I realise that for young people today who want to be like Hitler, Stalin, Mao or Pol Pot it can be quite difficult.


Stop being a moron. I'm 51 years old doofus. I don't worship ANY leaders, that's what Anarchists are about!

But I already know you aren't politically savvy enough to really understand any of that. You're just "some guy" saying "some shit" because you read it all day on your disinformation apparatus.

No Gods, No Masters, All Cops Are Bastards. This includes ALL leaders of ALL nations.

Lastly-

Nazis and Dofus right-wingers often whine about Anarchists along these lines: "Nuh uh you're the AXE-UAL FASCISTS NOT ME, NOPE!"

You're not even a challenge.

Put a jacket on before you freeze to death, you silly twerp. Eat your vegetables. Go to bed on time so you're not a jerk to everyone.
#15257468
Hell yeah Bluto, quote the lying fascist whose job is to launder fascist violence. I'm sure all those Tesla stores are still smoldering right now.

Please, continue shitting up this thread by spamming shit from the garbage morons who you listen to and have made you the thoughtful and insightful poster you are today.

Also lmao the guy who got caught on camera with a fascist street gang planning an attack, only to turn around and blame that attack on ~antifa~, is the one telling Elon who to ban:

  • 1
  • 8
  • 9
  • 10
  • 11
  • 12
  • 19

@wat0n I am not talking about your other, vas[…]

Puerto Rico and the island colonies of the U.S. a[…]

Exit Brexit, Part Deux

For the British it's hard to see and treat even t[…]

There should be military retaliation against Chin[…]