Iran Protests - Page 11 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

By Patrickov
QatzelOk wrote:But if this really hits a nerve with you... I can see why you would be easily lead to hate anyone who eats less processed and more traditional cuisine.

As a Han Chinese, I eat very traditional and un-processed cuisine more than half of the time, even down to the raw materials are procured by my own family (sometimes myself) fresh from market, without canning or such.

That part of superiority doesn't mean I think my society is superior to the West, as back in the British days we could enjoy very much the same thing.

As such, I consider that "point" of yours to be a metaphor of anything Western, rather than literally meaning Western processed food.
By ckaihatsu
Patrickov wrote:
His stance in the Russia-Ukraine war, which is close to Igor Antunov, Independent_Srpska, ingliz, Negotiator, etc. pretty much betrays what he thinks.

Oh, gee, okay, I guess now I'm *obligated* to ask: What's Qatzel's stance -- ?
By QatzelOk
ckaihatsu wrote:Oh, gee, okay, I guess now I'm *obligated* to ask: What's Qatzel's stance -- ?

I know. Let's ask QatzelOk himself.

My stance is that the Western PolicemanTM has always been a usury-enforcing terrorist.

Michel Foucault would call it "a disciplinary institution" and what the Western cops have been using their big stick for the last few centuries... is to destroy all the traditional cultures and traditions of the world and replace them with highly profitable "velveeta cheese" solutions to problems that don't exist.

A market economy, abrahamic religion, industrialization, woke virtue signalling... all of them are velveeta sandwiches on wonder bread.

► Show Spoiler
By ckaihatsu

Sherry Hakimi, an Iranian American activist and founder and executive director of a nonprofit focused on gender equality, was one of five Iranian women invited to meet with Secretary of State Antony Blinken and other top State Department officials in October to offer their advice on how the U.S. could best support protesters.

“I appreciate that senior U.S. leaders have been listening to the calls made by Iranians and Iranian Americans alike,” she told The Hill, but said governments need to be more innovative in how they think about aiding the protesters.

“These are unprecedented times – this is the first female-led revolution – so meeting the moment requires unprecedented measures.”

Hakimi said that on top of sanctions and efforts to hold the Islamic Republic accountable at the United Nations, countries should focus on providing health care assistance because injured protesters risk arrest if they seek care at a hospital.

“I want to see more health care-focused aid being sent to Iran, whether that’s through the Red Cross, Doctors Without Borders, or some other organization or mechanism. There are parts of Iran where people are no longer able to seek treatment, because the regime has made it impossible — either hospitals won’t treat them or if they do go to a hospital they can risk arrest, which makes things worse,” she said.

“To me, that seems like one of the most basic things.”

https://thehill.com/policy/3748556-us-a ... -for-iran/

---

“Protesting in Iran is not like protesting in any other country,” he said, referencing the extreme tactics of targeting protesters, the use of live ammunition, detentions, allegations of torture and killings.

NUFDI is advocating for the U.S. and other governments to explore setting up a “strike fund” to distribute the Islamic Republic’s frozen assets abroad among protesters who have their livelihoods threatened by the government.

“So providing, at least, a small modicum of financial support to allow these workers to go on strike and allow their families to have bread at the end of the day … are very tangible means by which a foreign government could empower the Iranian people,” he said, calling for governments to devise a “mechanism” to deliver such cash.

https://thehill.com/policy/3748556-us-a ... -for-iran/
By ckaihatsu

On Friday - at Iran's World Cup game against Wales - some protesters had Persian pre-revolutionary flags snatched from them by pro-government fans at the Ahmad Bin Ali Stadium.

Insults were also reportedly hurled at some people wearing T-shirts emblazoned with the words "woman, life, freedom" - a phrase that has become a rallying cry among protesters against Iran's authorities.

One Iranian spectator alleged that Qatari police ordered her to wash off the names of protesters killed by Iran's security forces from her arms and chest after pro-government fans complained.

Another woman said she was prevented from wearing a T-shirt with Ms Amini's face in the stadium.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-63762276
By QatzelOk
On Friday, as Montreal prepares to host the COP15 conference on biodiversity, several endangered species have been caught on video protesting what they see as an "unmerited obsession" with human protests against other humans.

A group of leatherback turtles have been blockading the wetlands leading to the conference for the last 24 hours, prohibitting other amphibians from attending the important event.

Leatherback turtle spokesperson Amanda Cupples, speaking to reporters, claimed: "Even other humans are protesting the current human destruction of our wetlands. Maybe it's time to look beyond competing with other species to death."

www.biopluras.com/Canada/cop15/amandacupples/1 dec 2022
QatzelOk wrote:Likewise, NATO white people are made to detest Iranian culture, Muslim religion, Middle Eastern politics, and anything else that doesn't look like a ride at Disney World while eating a Velveeta sandwich on white bread.

Have you considered the possibility that Iranian political culture, fundamentalist Islam, and Velveeta sandwiches are all unhealthy human inventions?
By Rancid
50% of the team I manage is Iranian (born, raised, and studied there, got the fuck out). They would disagree with @QatzelOk's position. I don't understand qatz. There must be some sort of psychological disorder.
A lot of countries like Iran are going through what the west went through hundreds of years ago. We stormed the palaces and put the heads of kings under the guillotine because we didn't like the laws those tyrants decided for us. The only thing the women of Iran want is the choice to decide their own lives.
By ckaihatsu
Rancid wrote:
psychological disorder

This is *inconsiderate*, I think -- your knee-jerk reflex may be to invoke *biology* / genetics, and/or *psychology* / behaviorism, both of which are 'black box' / depersonalizing, dehumanizing, and borderline-*insulting*.

Qatzel already mentioned the historical negative-precedent of the 'color revolutions' of the 2000s.
By Rancid
ckaihatsu wrote:

This is *inconsiderate*, I think -- your knee-jerk reflex may be to invoke *biology* / genetics, and/or *psychology* / behaviorism, both of which are 'black box' / depersonalizing, dehumanizing, and borderline-*insulting*.

Qatzel already mentioned the historical negative-precedent of the 'color revolutions' of the 2000s.

Knee jerk? Dude, I've know Qatz (on pofo) for about 14 years now.... :roll:

Qatz has been the same person for all this time. Which, is probably part of his problem. I've certainly changed/matured in the like 15-16 years I've been on pofo.
By ckaihatsu
Rancid wrote:
Knee jerk? Dude, I've know Qatz (on pofo) for about 14 years now.... :roll:

Qatz has been the same person for all this time. Which, is probably part of his problem. I've certainly changed/matured in the like 15-16 years I've been on pofo.

You're sidestepping the point about the color revolutions, though -- I think *anyone* would have valid concerns about where the current anti-clerical protests are going.
By Rancid
ckaihatsu wrote:

You're sidestepping the point about the color revolutions, though -- I think *anyone* would have valid concerns about where the current anti-clerical protests are going.

I didn't say shit about a color revolution.

My point is that Qatz is bat shit crazy. Irrespective of Iran.
By ckaihatsu
Rancid wrote:
I didn't say shit about a color revolution.

My point is that Qatz is bat shit crazy. Irrespective of Iran.

Yeah, and *I'm* saying that it's not batshit crazy to wonder about the protests' politics, and whether or not it's a *rerun* of something from the past.
By Rancid
ckaihatsu wrote:

Yeah, and *I'm* saying that it's not batshit crazy to wonder about the protests' politics, and whether or not it's a *rerun* of something from the past.

Qatz has said and advocated for a lot more dumb shit than that. Maybe you are doing the side stepping.
By ckaihatsu
Rancid wrote:
Qatz has said and advocated for a lot more dumb shit than that. Maybe you are doing the side stepping.

*My* only problem with Qatz's politics is the doom-and-gloom, glass-half-empty inclination, but he's way more anti-imperialist than anyone else around here.
By Rich
Unthinking Majority wrote:A lot of countries like Iran are going through what the west went through hundreds of years ago. We stormed the palaces and put the heads of kings under the guillotine because we didn't like the laws those tyrants decided for us.

Was there ever a more decent, caring, progressive, enlightened young man to sit on a European throne than Louis XVI? A man that two centuries earlier could still put Angelina Jolie to shame. You would have thought that at the least Americans would cherish his memory. Part of his downfall was due to debts built up supporting the cause of American independence. But then Americans have never been strong on gratitude.

The only thing the women of Iran want is the choice to decide their own lives.

Another part of his downfall was he was credited with allowing his wife too much agency.
By Patrickov
ckaihatsu wrote:*My* only problem with Qatz's politics is the doom-and-gloom, glass-half-empty inclination, but he's way more anti-imperialist than anyone else around here.

Most of not all so-called anti-Western-imperialism people are actually into a much, much worse imperialism, which I experience first-hand.

Qatzel is one of the worst kind of these people. If not for the likes of Igor or Independent_Srpska (and a few years prior, skinster), he will easily top my list of Po'Foers.
By ckaihatsu
Patrickov wrote:
Most of not all so-called anti-Western-imperialism people are actually into a much, much worse imperialism, which I experience first-hand.

Qatzel is one of the worst kind of these people. If not for the likes of Igor or Independent_Srpska (and a few years prior, skinster), he will easily top my list of Po'Foers.

Patrickov, I don't know if you've noticed, but you have *no* rapport with me, either politically or personally. I *don't agree* with your British Empire apologetics, so the rest of your politics *and* your statements don't hold any weight with me.

Please don't make political statements about politics that you know nothing about -- that's called *overreaching*. You're overextended.

Puffer Fish, as a senior (and olde) member of this[…]

1 The great settlement withdrawal that Israelis […]

As someone that pays very close attention to Amer[…]

I (still) have a dream

...Kids don't need to drive anywhere to play with[…]