America's Dangerous Obsession With Invincibility - Page 14 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

All general discussion about politics that doesn't belong in any of the other forums.

Moderator: PoFo Political Circus Mods

Unthinking Majority wrote:
I'm trying to do you a big favor and convince you that your nonsensical ideas are bad. It's not working.

I'm not violence. I'm not the one wanting to take all private property from everyone.

My 'ideas' are 'bad', 'nonsensical', and 'not working' -- ?

Okay, you can tell your supervisor that you've now reported the talking points assigned.

The *violence*, since we're there, happens *every day*, to enforce *bullshit*. Care to comment on the following -- ?

labor and capital, side-by-side

Spoiler: show
late wrote:This is like free speech. Free speech ain't always free.

This is the kind of nonsensical "believing two contradictory things at the same time" that is the result of extended exposure to propaganda. Free speech means that giant corporations can lie to billions of people, and will find lots of allies to share their lies.

Democracy means that (most) Americans get to wait in line to vote for one of the two candidates that giant multinational corporations have pre-selected for you.

Freedom means that you can leave your trailer park once a day and drive your pickup to a food bank - with the window open and the wind in your hair.

Do you continue to let things slide; or do you try and stop him before WW3 starts.

The USA has been attacking smaller countries and stealing their reources (and culture, and peace, and stability, and alternative social models) for its entire existence. To pretend that the West has been trying to "prevent" WW3... is another result of extended exposure to propaganda.

INVINCIBLE! Propaganda can convince you that you can live foreverTM as long as you follow *the rules-based world order.*

This is a very old lie, so stupidity (lack of historical memory) is essential in making it work in the late-Modern period.
ckaihatsu wrote:Can't I do it by being buddies with Jesus -- ?

= D

*Rules-based world orders* came out of state religions.

"Here is a fantasy world of unicorns and fairies. It can be yours... as long as you help your church kill Group-of-Other-People X."

Genocide is only possible if you have a state-defining religion.
QatzelOk wrote:
This is the kind of nonsensical "believing two contradictory things at the same time" that is the result of extended exposure to propaganda. Free speech means that giant corporations can lie to billions of people, and will find lots of allies to share their lies.

Democracy means that (most) Americans get to wait in line to vote for one of the two candidates that giant multinational corporations have pre-selected for you.

Freedom means that you can leave your trailer park once a day and drive your pickup to a food bank - with the window open and the wind in your hair.

The USA has been attacking smaller countries and stealing their reources (and culture, and peace, and stability, and alternative social models) for its entire existence. To pretend that the West has been trying to "prevent" WW3... is another result of extended exposure to propaganda.

INVINCIBLE! Propaganda can convince you that you can live foreverTM as long as you follow *the rules-based world order.*

This is a very old lie, so stupidity (lack of historical memory) is essential in making it work in the late-Modern period.

Ironic..

American fascists are in the news constantly, and having to deal with them to keep what freedoms we have is nonsense.

If you're an idiot.

Sooner or later, we will have to deal with Putin. In my distinctly unhumble opinion, sooner is a lot better than later. Btw, we still don't feel invincible..
ckaihatsu wrote:If countries like the U.S. can take up membership in trans-national / 'supra-national' / international organizations like the UN or NATO, then the only distance remaining to the ICC or ICJ is that of *political will* -- similarly to the festering police violence issue.

More likely it's a matter of opinion for Bush's case, and also the fact that he could be easily replaced (and indeed was).

Putin's case is a bit different and probably more blunt -- with that scale of things and issues, no one will go down without a fight.
Patrickov wrote:
More likely it's a matter of opinion for Bush's case, and also the fact that he could be easily replaced (and indeed was).

Putin's case is a bit different and probably more blunt -- with that scale of things and issues, no one will go down without a fight.

Are you implying that Putin's a war criminal?
ckaihatsu wrote:Are you implying that Putin's a war criminal?

At least to the likes of member late and many others this is an established fact.

I actually go as far as seeing whoever wanting to claim him not one as war criminals themselves.
Patrickov wrote:
At least to the likes of member late and many others this is an established fact.

I actually go as far as seeing whoever wanting to claim him not one as war criminals themselves.

Okay, so we can definitely *both* say that we're *both* not war criminals.

It's a *start*, Patrickov. (grin)
ckaihatsu wrote:Are you implying that Putin's a war criminal?

Or... one could ask if Putin is yucky, and if his yuckiness proves that the West are the good-guys (God's army) once again.

Being God's Army means... living forever! Invincibility!

Any trial of Assange would confront massive popular opposition and would shed further light on the crimes committed by US imperialism, including under the Democratic administration of Barack Obama, in which Biden served as vice president.

This exposure of US war crimes would come at a time when the United States is expanding is proxy war against Russia in Ukraine, sold to the public on the grounds that US intervention is necessary to prevent Russian atrocities.

https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/2022/1 ... s-n29.html
ckaihatsu wrote:Does Putin also have *cooties*, Patrickov -- ?

Most people in rich countries have so little clue about world politics that...

you can tell them a foreign leader "has cooties (1***)," and they will empathize with the bombing campaign, and enjoy the stolen loot guilt-free.

1*** Cooties:

WMDs
Chemical weapons
Sponsors terror
Kills babies in incubators
Stayed in power too long
Shot the students and their peaceful protest
Started a war (near a US military base...) with zero provocation

Yeah, I'm in Maine. I have met Jimjam, but haven'[…]

No, you can't make that call without seeing the ev[…]

The people in the Synagogue, at Charlottesville, […]

@Deutschmania Not if the 70% are American and[…]