Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 480 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

#15258074
Rancid wrote:Disagree. They actually have impact. The Russian economy has in fact shrunk.

The sanctions are a pathetic joke. Yes they damage the Russian economy, but at what cost to us, at what cost to the rest of the world. Yes they damage Russia, but in an absurdly inefficient way. If we don't want to enter the war directly, then the way to help Ukraine is by supplying weapons and other supplies.

Our weapons, ammunition etc supply has been a joke, a pathetic joke. Never mind about giving Ukraine old outdated trash. Never mind about giving Ukraine our modern, over priced over engineered, over complex modern kit, by this stage of the war we should be providing weapons or at least variants that are specifically designed for this Ukrainian armed forces, specifically designed to have the tech that's needed but no more. Kit that be produced cheaply and at scale. Rather than shutting down energy imports we should be increasing energy imports from Russia in order to build weapons, ammunition, body army, drones, medical supplies, extra phones, radios, trains, buses. lorries, pre fabricated housing. The list is endless

Please, please, please, stop trying to tell me that we're serious about supporting Ukraine. We are not I'm not interested in drivel about weapons shortages. If there's a shortage of Electronic chips, shut down the production of gaming graphics cards, if there is a shortage of steel stop car production for a month. If there's a shortage of trains in Poland and Ukraine to move stuff, then ship them some of ours. I just give these as examples.

You don't even have to go back to World War II, look at the Falklands War. Look at what a western government can achieve when its serious. Privately owned naval ships were commandeered. Thatcher's government was serious. We knew it was serious and one way we knew it was serious was because Thatcher didn't waste her energy trying to get Argentine banned from sporting events or popular music competitions.

We are nine months into this conflict. Russia's military leadership has been inept. The time for excuses is gone, long gone. There is only one reason that Russian forces have not been routed. Western leaders didn't want to win.
#15258080
Rich wrote:The sanctions are a pathetic joke. Yes they damage the Russian economy, but at what cost to us, at what cost to the rest of the world. Yes they damage Russia, but in an absurdly inefficient way. If we don't want to enter the war directly, then the way to help Ukraine is by supplying weapons and other supplies.

Our weapons, ammunition etc supply has been a joke, a pathetic joke. Never mind about giving Ukraine old outdated trash. Never mind about giving Ukraine our modern, over priced over engineered, over complex modern kit, by this stage of the war we should be providing weapons or at least variants that are specifically designed for this Ukrainian armed forces, specifically designed to have the tech that's needed but no more. Kit that be produced cheaply and at scale. Rather than shutting down energy imports we should be increasing energy imports from Russia in order to build weapons, ammunition, body army, drones, medical supplies, extra phones, radios, trains, buses. lorries, pre fabricated housing. The list is endless

Please, please, please, stop trying to tell me that we're serious about supporting Ukraine. We are not I'm not interested in drivel about weapons shortages. If there's a shortage of Electronic chips, shut down the production of gaming graphics cards, if there is a shortage of steel stop car production for a month. If there's a shortage of trains in Poland and Ukraine to move stuff, then ship them some of ours. I just give these as examples.

You don't even have to go back to World War II, look at the Falklands War. Look at what a western government can achieve when its serious. Privately owned naval ships were commandeered. Thatcher's government was serious. We knew it was serious and one way we knew it was serious was because Thatcher didn't waste her energy trying to get Argentine banned from sporting events or popular music competitions.

We are nine months into this conflict. Russia's military leadership has been inept. The time for excuses is gone, long gone. There is only one reason that Russian forces have not been routed. Western leaders didn't want to win.


I'm all for having NATO join the fight. Give Putin the war he say's he's fighting. Make it a massive embarrassment for him.

Still, sanctions do have an impact. This cannot be denied. It doesn't always have to be "all or nothing". I want "all" (send NATO in), but I'll take something (sanctions).
User avatar
By ingliz
#15258084
Rich wrote:but at what cost to us

Well, Victoria Nuland said, "Fuck the EU."

So job well done.


:lol:
By Rugoz
#15258088
Rich wrote:The sanctions are a pathetic joke. Yes they damage the Russian economy, but at what cost to us, at what cost to the rest of the world. Yes they damage Russia, but in an absurdly inefficient way. If we don't want to enter the war directly, then the way to help Ukraine is by supplying weapons and other supplies.

Our weapons, ammunition etc supply has been a joke, a pathetic joke. Never mind about giving Ukraine old outdated trash. Never mind about giving Ukraine our modern, over priced over engineered, over complex modern kit, by this stage of the war we should be providing weapons or at least variants that are specifically designed for this Ukrainian armed forces, specifically designed to have the tech that's needed but no more. Kit that be produced cheaply and at scale. Rather than shutting down energy imports we should be increasing energy imports from Russia in order to build weapons, ammunition, body army, drones, medical supplies, extra phones, radios, trains, buses. lorries, pre fabricated housing. The list is endless

Please, please, please, stop trying to tell me that we're serious about supporting Ukraine. We are not I'm not interested in drivel about weapons shortages. If there's a shortage of Electronic chips, shut down the production of gaming graphics cards, if there is a shortage of steel stop car production for a month. If there's a shortage of trains in Poland and Ukraine to move stuff, then ship them some of ours. I just give these as examples.

You don't even have to go back to World War II, look at the Falklands War. Look at what a western government can achieve when its serious. Privately owned naval ships were commandeered. Thatcher's government was serious. We knew it was serious and one way we knew it was serious was because Thatcher didn't waste her energy trying to get Argentine banned from sporting events or popular music competitions.

We are nine months into this conflict. Russia's military leadership has been inept. The time for excuses is gone, long gone. There is only one reason that Russian forces have not been routed. Western leaders didn't want to win.


Blah blah. Do you ever read your drivel?
User avatar
By litwin
#15258090
Big majority of MOSCOW brutality in Ukraine go unreported of course and like I've seen in the comments this doesn't surprise anyone but its still hard to imagine what people like that woman and their loved ones go through on account of monsters such as these. 

User avatar
By litwin
#15258091
ingliz wrote:Well, Victoria Nuland said, "Fuck the EU."

So job well done.


:lol:

LINK, IVAN
#15258093
ingliz wrote:Well, Victoria Nuland said, "Fuck the EU."


Funny how the 5th columnists think this recording proves anything.

I said "fuck the EU" (or something along those lines) multiple times in my life, yet I still think the EU is a 1000 times better than Russia.
By Rich
#15258094
Rugoz wrote:Blah blah. Do you ever read your drivel?

:lol: You're the pathetic one. The one can't come up with an argument so he resorts to personal insults. When we see something we disagree with we basically have 3 options:

1 Construct an argument as to why the first argument / discourse is wrong.

2 The problem with the first course of action is that Life is short. There is limited time so the 2nd option is to let it pass. We accept that there will always things that are wrong on the internet. We accept that there will be statements on the internet that are wrong, made in bad in faith, misleading, ignorant, bigoted or misinformed that will be left unchallenged.

3 But what if we suffer from an enormous sense of entitlement. How dare some one contradict my views. What if we are incapable of wining a debate with the person. Well then we have to engage in person insults and hope to reduce things down to the level of the playground.
By ness31
#15258096
Rancid wrote:Of course not.


Be as smug as you like. Let’s see if the oil gets sold to everyone at 60 bucks a barrel.
User avatar
By ingliz
#15258097
@Rugoz

America's foreign policy objectives in Europe.

“Keep the Soviet Union Russia out, the Americans in, and the Germans down.”

— Lord Hastings Lionel Ismay, NATO's first Secretary General

Nothing has changed since Ismay said that.

So 5 billion dollars well spent: a job well done.


:lol:
User avatar
By Wels
#15258098
Russia launches air strikes across Ukraine: Retaliation for blasts in Russia?

Air raid sirens have been sounding across Ukraine, as Russia launches a new wave of air strikes. A spokesperson for the Ukrainian air force has warned civilians to take shelter. So far there is no word on casualties or damage. Russian planes reportedly fired more than a hundred missiles targeting key infrastructure in Ukraine. The latest strikes come just hours after multiple explosions at two military bases deep inside Russian territory.



Of course this was not a "revenge", it has been planned long before.
Swines. And cowards.
#15258101
ness31 wrote:Be as smug as you like. Let’s see if the oil gets sold to everyone at 60 bucks a barrel.


No, the oil will never actually be sold for 60$ unless they absolutely have to (if the market price goes to that level, sure, but it is highly unlikely). Currently anyone can buy it for about 85$ from OPEC. With a potential economic downturn hampering demand, OPEC is looking to stabilize or increase it by cutting output.

Let's take India. They can buy as much oil as they want from the Gulf for 85$ at the moment, and given that they are such huge consumers of oil with barely any domestic production, they likely buy it for less (they are an important customer). They will also buy Russian oil for that same price but nowhere near as much quantity. If the Russians want to entice them into buying more, they must offer it at below what OPEC charges them.

There are always geopolitical considerations involved. Russia wants to sell oil/gas at premium prices to 'friendly' political allies and punish hostile States.The point is that they need customers more than India needs suppliers, so the balance of power is to a Russian disadvantage.
By Rich
#15258103


This video basically says what I said on this forum a long time back and could have told you on day one of the special operation. Putin had to seize the land bridge and the water supply from the Dnieper. or accept the eventual loss of Crimea and the Sevastopol Naval Base. A return to the status quo that existed at the beginning of the year would not be desirable as it would have resolved nothing. Ukraine's goal should be to take Crimea, even if this allows Russia to make modest gains in the East.

Putin's objective must be to defend the land bridge and his left flank on the Dnieper, while retaking the rest of Luhansk and Donetsk. If he can do that and show the capability of making further advances, then he might be in a position to force a peace deal on Ukraine where they ask the West to lift sanctions. To clarify, he needs to put Ukraine in such a hopeless position that they are so desperate to end the war that they beg the West to lift sanctions as part of the peace deal.

So where are we now? I seem to be in a strange minority in that I'm not certain. Most people seem to be very certain about the outcome although they greatly differ in what that outcome will be. The Western establishment fanbois are certain that Ukraine will be in Crimea by the New Year or failing that very soon after. The Russian fanbois are certain that Ukraine is on the brink of collapse. Vuhledhar, Marinka and Bakhmut are all about to fall and Avdiivka is about to be operationally surrounded. The Ukrainians are losing troops in mass numbers. Their morale is starting to break and the civilian population is about to go into revolt.
#15258105
ingliz wrote:Well, Victoria Nuland said, "Fuck the EU."

So job well done.


:lol:

I also say it anytime I have to accept cookies, so context matters.

ingliz wrote:@litwin

Link provided.

'Fuck the EU,' US envoy says in leaked recording - France 24



:)



She doesn't mean to fuck the EU, she rather means to curse the EU for not helping them in Ukraine.

Nice try again, though, smart and tricky indeed. :roll:
#15258125
Rich wrote: The Western establishment fanbois are certain that Ukraine will be in Crimea by the New Year or failing that very soon after.


I follow a number of commentators whom you would term "western establishment fanbois" - and I don't think I've heard any of them claim that. The consensus seems to be that Ukraine is essentially shutting down offensive operations over the winter. Even when the "offensive season" resumes, Crimea won't be the first target.
User avatar
By Beren
#15258130
So Ukrainian drones attacked two Russian military airfields recently, to which Russia responded with firing a barrage of missiles at key civilian infrastructure and cutting off people's water supplies. Russian Fascists really know how to make war, don't they? I wonder if those bastards know better if how to make love, at least Mussolini knew how to treat women, even though his military was worthless on the battlefield either. I don't have much hope for the Rocket Master and his libido, though.

Moscow accuses Ukraine of drone attacks deep inside Russia, fires fresh barrage of missiles

Image
Also, what happened to Igor? Did the FSB take him away as a fake medium perhaps? :lol:
#15258132
Beren wrote: *whine* *whine* *whine*


Oh grow up.

People like you have complained for over half a year that Russia would be bad at war.

Now Russia has giving up hoping for a diplomatic solution and does war for real.

And now you whine and whine and whine that its no fun being at war with Russia.

Stop being a sour loser you got your wish. Next time think harder what you're wishing for.
  • 1
  • 478
  • 479
  • 480
  • 481
  • 482
  • 518

“We Know Muscovites Lie Because Their Lips Are Mov[…]

The Police Murder of Tyre Nichols

@Pants-of-dog so it seems you are just repeatin[…]

The list is vast with writers. Since I am a woman[…]

I am objecting to the way that scientific disco[…]