Biden frees Moscow ‘merchant of death’ in exchange for WNBA star Brittney Griner - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

one for sure, US still lives in peacetime (pootler really needs the shells ) ... Brittney-Griner will leave GULAG but Victor Bout - a convicted arms dealer and a big prize for Moscow´s war in Ukraine. putin runs out off shells , and we deliver him - V. Bout .... many (mostly Ukrainians ) are gonna be killed due this exchange 

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/worl ... ney-Griner

This poses a real moral dilemma... Is it ok to let the evil unpunished in order to avoid harm to good people? I'd argue yes.
It is appalling nonetheless, I vomit on my mouth thinking countries such as Russia, china, NK, etc are targetting civilians so they can exchange for their favorite terrorists at some point. There is a solution for that... stop traveling to those shitty countries where there is no rule of law and you might just end up being the latest poker card.
Beren wrote:Bout was arrested in 2008 and convicted in 2011, so he's served his time basically, and I also wonder if he's still such a valuable asset to Putin as he once used to be. He'd have already exchanged him for Paul Whelan perhaps if he were.

Maybe, but things are tighter now in Russia weapon and ammunition-wise, probably looking for other weapon deliveries using good old contacts provided by this Butt.
This is the worst prisoner swap in the history of prisoner swaps.

In the long term this makes international travel more dangerous for Americans as they'll be massively over sentenced for any crimes they commit in order to be used as political prisoners available for additional swaps.

Sad!
XogGyux wrote:This poses a real moral dilemma... Is it ok to let the evil unpunished in order to avoid harm to good people? I'd argue yes.
It is appalling nonetheless, I vomit on my mouth thinking countries such as Russia, china, NK, etc are targetting civilians so they can exchange for their favorite terrorists at some point. There is a solution for that... stop traveling to those shitty countries where there is no rule of law and you might just end up being the latest poker card.

a good point

We've been swapping prisoners with Russia for as long as I can remember, which is a very long time.

While Putin got the better of the deal, things are quite different now. We used to deal regularly with the Soviet bureaucracy, over the years we developed an understanding.

Now we deal with a dictator, and he's pissed because we are making his life worse. With his position weakened, he had to come out of the deal with it looking like a win.

As was the case with the railroad Union, sometimes you take the small win and plan on fighting again later.
late wrote:We've been swapping prisoners with Russia for as long as I can remember, which is a very long time.

While Putin got the better of the deal, things are quite different now. We used to deal regularly with the Soviet bureaucracy, over the years we developed an understanding.

Now we deal with a dictator, and he's pissed because we are making his life worse. With his position weakened, he had to come out of the deal with it looking like a win.

As was the case with the railroad Union, sometimes you take the small win and plan on fighting again later.

A GOOD POST, STILL

litwin wrote:
A GOOD POST, STILL

The movie Lord of War was loosely based on his life.

He made his name selling off Soviet hardware he basically stole. In other words, all he has is his contacts, and Putin wants to buy, not sell.

I don't know much about the international arms business, but I don't think he will be able to help Putin much.
Let me say something, she probably had one of the shittiest years anyone can possibly have. Imagine being a tourist in what you perceive as a respectable country and be snatched out of the blue because something that you carry has a tiny bit of weed and sentenced to half your life expectancy on a penal colony... It is foking surreal. If she was able to keep her mind intact, and that is a big if... she can potentially produce a few lucrative books and/or movies/series out of this. Make lemonade out of the lemons and expose this shit country for what it is.
This whole thing is actually lemonade, a virtually retired arms dealer got exchanged for a civilian nobody kidnapped by the Russian government for the very purpose to free that former arms dealer. Seemingly a PR stunt on both sides, Putin could be sure Biden won't miss the opportunity to do the LGBTQ+ community such a spectacular favour.

@KurtFF8 Litwin wages a psyops war here but we[…]

You should put the full quote I am of the o[…]

Muscovite’s Slaughter of Indigenous People in Alas[…]

Any of you going to buy the Trump bible he's prom[…]