Blame work ethic for classified doc dilemma - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
With some exceptions, such as Trump’s claim that classified documents were his personal property, it seems that a lot of the problem with misplaced classified documents is the American work ethic. The capitalist ruling class indoctrinates both itself and employees with the standard that your work responsibilities don’t end at the office door or when the clock says 5 p.m.

Among white collar workers, only clock watchers and the lazy check out at the end of the day. Anybody who has any ambition is available by phone or e-mail 24/7 and if they must take work documents, confidential or not, home with them to finish the job, so be it.
Robert Urbanek wrote:With some exceptions, such as Trump’s claim that classified documents were his personal property, it seems that a lot of the problem with misplaced classified documents is the American work ethic. The capitalist ruling class indoctrinates both itself and employees with the standard that your work responsibilities don’t end at the office door or when the clock says 5 p.m.

Among white collar workers, only clock watchers and the lazy check out at the end of the day. Anybody who has any ambition is available by phone or e-mail 24/7 and if they must take work documents, confidential or not, home with them to finish the job, so be it.

The presidency is not a typical job. You don't stop being responsible for the country at 5:01pm.
To address your point. I don't think there is anything wrong with doing work stuff after your official work time. I this is not something that I attribute to a capitalist or some other mindset. I think most people should feel pride and joy in the work, and if there is something urgent/emergent that comes up after hours, it would not be unreasonable to address it on a case-by-case basis.
XogGyux wrote:The presidency is not a typical job. You don't stop being responsible for the country at 5:01pm.
To address your point. I don't think there is anything wrong with doing work stuff after your official work time. I this is not something that I attribute to a capitalist or some other mindset. I think most people should feel pride and joy in the work, and if there is something urgent/emergent that comes up after hours, it would not be unreasonable to address it on a case-by-case basis.

If your home is the White House, then you always "take" your work home with you. But that standard does not apply to the vice president or a senator.
Vice-president Pence also had some secret docs in his home.
Both parties are pretty sloppy with secret docs.
However, Trump claimed they were his personal property and refused for well over a year to return them He also lied that he didn't have them. These facts make the Trump case very different. Biden's and Pences's case seem very similar.

ethnicity is cultura No, I'm afraid it's not. C[…]

Again, this is not some sort of weird therapy w[…]

Indictments have occured in Arizona over the fake […]

Ukraine already has cruise missiles (Storm Shadow)[…]