Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 514 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

QatzelOk wrote:So this isn't the right plane for the job?

Interesting talking politics and human survival with motor vehicle fetishists.

For politics, one need look elsewhere like James Kunstler:

Is the Biden family corrupt enough to start a nuclear war to cover up its scams? Or is the Biden family just one of the many corrupt officials in the US government who need a nuclear war to "clear their records?"

May be for the Russians but not for the Ukranians Qatz. Russians are the one demolishing Ukranian cities, towns and small villages to the ground. I know that you dont care but hey, I will mention it ones again.
JohnRawls wrote:Russians are the one demolishing Ukranian cities, towns and small villages to the ground. I know that you dont care but hey, I will mention it ones again.

Yes, Russians are demolishing Ukrainian cities that have bio-labs that are run by corrupt Western oligarchs.

And these Western-run corrupt bio-labs on right on its border and armed to teeth by declining Western nation states that produce virtually nothing exportable to the rest of the world.

What has been amazing is to see how OUR DENIAL has been fed by our oligarchs and their media.
QatzelOk wrote:Yes, Russians are demolishing Ukrainian cities that have bio-labs that are run by corrupt Western oligarchs.

And these Western-run corrupt bio-labs on right on its border and armed to teeth by declining Western nation states that produce virtually nothing exportable to the rest of the world.

What has been amazing is to see how OUR DENIAL has been fed by our oligarchs and their media.

This is stupid.
Only a fucking moron would believe that "The west" is doing some sort of bio-weapon research there. It is fucking stupid. We are going to do our secret, highly sensitive research on a corrupt country next to one of our largest/oldest geopolitical/military adversaries. Where do you get your ideas man... this nonsense is not even good enough than a straight-to-tv steven segal shit movie. Come on... stop justifying genocide, this is retarded.
Potemkin wrote:The alt-right are not conservatives, @JohnRawls. Intelligent conservatism died in America some time in the 1960s. Buckley and Goldwater were its last great representatives. What took its place was the phony double-dealing of Reagan and his backers (epitomised by the secret treason of Iran-Contra), followed by the idiocy of George 'Dubya' Bush and then the offensive blowhard and rabble-rouser Donald Trump, who actually sent in his Myrmidons to try to overthrow the U.S. Senate. What would Buckley or Goldwater have made of the "conservative" Donald J. Trump, I wonder...?

The defeat in Vietnam was a terrible blow to the American right, a terrible blow to the American Conservative identity. Leftism can be both pacifistic or militaristic. But I'm not sure that Conservatism really works without some level of militarism. In contrast to this Israel in 56, 67, 73 and 82 had achieved victory after victory. America was forced to assert itself though alter egos. Israel with its frontier spirit, represented the "true America" better than America did itself. Therefore for many right wing Americans, ultra American patriotism, ultra loyalty to America became ultra loyalty to Israel.

As well as Israel in the 1980's the Afghan Mujahedin became another alter ego for the American right, another group through which American conservatives could vicariously express their nationalistic manhood. Hence the terrible sense of betrayal and disorientation that right wing American ideologues felt over 9/11. This was like what Paul Vario must have felt about Henry Hill ratting on him. The betrayal of a much loved adopted son.
Last edited by Rich on 27 Jan 2023 20:29, edited 2 times in total.
Rich wrote:The defeat in Vietnam was a terrible blow to the American right, a terrible blow to the American Conservative identity. Leftism can be both pacifistic or militaristic. But I'm not sure that Conservatism really works without some level of militarism. In contrast to this Israel in 56, 67, 73 and 82 had achieved victory after victory. America was forced to assert itself though alter egos. Israel with its frontier spirit, represented the "true America" better than America did itself. Therefore for many right wing Americans, ultra American patriotism, ultra loyalty to America became ultra loyalty to Israel.

As well as Israel in the 1980's the Afghan Mujahedin became another alter ego for the American right, another group through which American conservatives could vicariously express their nationalistic manhood. Hence the terrible sense of betrayal and disorientation that right wing American ideologies felt over 9/11. This was like what Paul Vario must have felt about Henry Hill ratting on him. The betrayal of much loved adopted son.

Indeed. I've always felt the real protagonist of Goodfellas is not Henry Hill but Paul Vario. Henry Hill was just a Mafia associate, not a made man (he was only half Sicilian, his old man was Irish). Paul Vario was the real deal, a real Sicilian capo. He hesitated too long; he should have whacked Henry Hill when he had the chance. I think he just couldn't bring himself to do it. Henry Hill's wife described that when Paul Vario gave her several tens of thousands of dollars after her husband's arrest, when he turned away from her she saw tears in his eyes. He knew he would have to kill Henry Hill, but couldn't bring himself to do it. An uncharacteristic and fatal lapse on his part.

But yeah, Zbigniew Brzezinski dressing up as a Mujahadeen in the 1980s was entirely symptomatic of what was going on in the minds of American right-wingers back then, as was Ronald Reagan publicly comparing them to the Founding Fathers. Osama Bin Laden as George Washington.... Lol! :lol:

By Szabo
JohnRawls wrote:B2 is impossible. It is strategic aviation packed with classified technology which takes insane of amount of money to maintain and the most experienced pilots to pilot. It doesnt even bring even any benefit for Ukraine to use them. At best they can bomb Russian cities with it for no reason whatsoever which is basically useless for the amount of money they will need to maintain, train and so on with the plane.

Bummer. Seriously though, I think it's a matter of time before we start seeing western planes with western pilots performing sortees under the guise of them being Ukrainian.
By late
Szabo wrote:
Bummer. Seriously though, I think it's a matter of time before we start seeing western planes with western pilots performing sortees under the guise of them being Ukrainian.

I doubt you will see Western pilots.

The old F16 has an insane learning curve, it's much harder to fly than most. The updated versions aren't as bad, but we always make such decisions late which doesn't give us much time.

The Warthog, the A10 ground attack plane would be good, but a lot of pilots would be shot down, and Ukraine doesn't have a lot of pilots. Some foreign built planes might work, but I don't know about those.

We will likely have to find them some planes, but as a guess, when they run low on Russian jets in the Spring.
Poland has already sent some of their MiG-29s in secret at the beginning of the conflict, concealing them as spare parts. Slovakia wants to do the same. These are Soviet-era systems, so they might not be that effective in this conflict, but the Ukrainians know them at least. It was announced in October that a group of several dozen Ukrainian pilots would start training on Western fighter jets.

Poland reportedly delivered MiG-29 fighters to Ukraine as ‘spare parts’

The Air Force has selected a group of pilots to train with Western fighter jets
MadMonk wrote:Poland has already sent some of their MiG-29s in secret at the beginning of the conflict, concealing them as spare parts. Slovakia wants to do the same. These are Soviet-era systems, so they might not be that effective in this conflict, but the Ukrainians know them at least. It was announced in October that a group of several dozen Ukrainian pilots would start training on Western fighter jets.

Poland reportedly delivered MiG-29 fighters to Ukraine as ‘spare parts’

The Air Force has selected a group of pilots to train with Western fighter jets

MIG-29 are a good weapon, they can start and land on grass fields.
I previously wrote:Yes, Russians are demolishing Ukrainian cities that have bio-labs that are run by corrupt Western oligarchs.

XogGyux wrote:This is stupid.

For smartness, look at litwin's video compilation. Be sure to "like" each one.
I'm elsewhere. Getting likes in this thread is like being gifted by Jeffrey Dahmer.

Only a fucking moron would believe that "The west" is doing some sort of bio-weapon research there. It is fucking stupid. We are going to do our secret, highly sensitive research on a corrupt country next to one of our largest/oldest geopolitical/military adversaries.

I am constantly amazed that so many people think of our empire is fueled by things like "Disneyland" rather than by things like "MK ULtra."
QatzelOk wrote:For smartness, look at litwin's video compilation. Be sure to "like" each one.

So this is your motivation? You are a counterweight to what you perceive to be stupidity?
This is no way to have sincere discussions. If all you care is to try to outstupify those that you see as your competition.
I'm elsewhere. Getting likes in this thread is like being gifted by Jeffrey Dahmer.

Stop caring about the likes. Dammit, you are such an attention whore.

I am constantly amazed that so many people think of our empire is fueled by things like "Disneyland" rather than by things like "MK ULtra."

I am totally amazed that you would think that anyone would consider putting "secret" biolabs on a former USSR country that is plagued by corruption, with an unstable government, with a recent coup in the last couple of decades. A country that is likely plagued with russian spies, a country that should it be invaded by its neighbor (as it happened in 2014 and now again) could potentially hand sensitive research to the enemy. This sort of logic is stupid.
By Rancid
I'm going to write a script that will scrap pofo for every occurrence that @QatzelOk uses the phrase "MK Ultra". :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I just want the script to generate me a count.

It has to be in the 1000s.

I'm seriously, MK Ultra of all things? Something that has been dead since the 70s. I mean, for fucks sakes, there are so many CIA/NSA programs that he can call out and complain about, that are still known to be active today... yet... he chooses MK Ultra? :lol:
By Beren
QatzelOk's an old-fashioned guy, that's why he ended up with the Russians perhaps. He must be in the same age-group (~70) as Putin and Patrushev (old KGB still fighting the Cold War).
By Rancid
Wels wrote:Wagner mercenaries have a bad time

At some point, even Wagner will run out of highly trained troops, no?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4e4fI_r3b0 huma[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

... rape ... You have mentionned "rape&quo[…]

The importance of out-breeding

DOG BREEDING https://external-content.[…]

Who needs a wall? We have all those land mines ju[…]