Which News Channel do you trust at most? - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Polls on politics, news, current affairs and history.

Which News Channel do you trust at most

CNN
11%
Fox News
11%
ABC News
No votes
0%
Al Jazeera
21%
CCTV
5%
Euro News
5%
Russia Today
5%
France 24
No votes
0%
DW
16%
BBC
11%
Other
16%
Out the list DW, Guardian and Euro news are definitely the most credible in that order. Euro news is boring AF though after 15 minutes.
Reichstraten wrote:When is news "authoritarian"?

At least CCTV and Russia Today are authoritarian rogue contries' apologists. I sometimes suspect Al Jazeera too.
Istanbuller wrote:All of these news channels are ideologically very authoritarian leaning. Fox News is relatively better than all of these you put on the list.

What... the.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Anyway, I do a combination of Other, DW, BBC, CNN, MSNBC and even a little bit of Fox.

I also do a lot of business new sites, because often their coverage is less tainted by political bias. Most business news sites are focused on trying to get real information for the purpose of investment. If you cloud up that information with political bullshit, your business news becomes worthless to reader/watchers that are trying to figure out how to play the markets.

Other also covers random smaller news sites whose political biases I don't know, but I just look at them with healthy skepticism.

WRT Fox, it's a shit ton of commentary/opinion dressed up as news. MAGA morons can't tell the difference though.
Reichstraten wrote:Does the United States have authoritarian media as well?
Especially right wingers often accuse liberal media of being "auhoritarian". How justified is it?

I think that means more like "liberal media do not tolerate voices that don't serve their narrative".

That said, I am not against "going authoritarian" against voices that actually call for unjustified authoritarian measures. Those voices reap what they sow.
Patrickov wrote:I think that means more like "liberal media do not tolerate voices that don't serve their narrative".

As if there's no such thing as censorship by conservatives. :roll:

That said, I am not against "going authoritarian" against voices that actually call for unjustified authoritarian measures. Those voices reap what they sow.

Of course, but what constitutes "unjustified authoritarian measures" leaves some room for interpretation. :)
Unthinking Majority wrote:Reuters is also boring.

That's why I think Reuters are true professional journalists. Just say what happened with as little commentary as possible.
Rancid wrote:

Anyway, I do a combination of Other, DW, BBC, CNN, MSNBC and even a little bit of Fox.

I don't do Fox, but I do use PBS/NPR, NYT and WAPO, and some specialty sites like SciAm, legal websites with Dorf on Law being my favorite, Foreign Affairs. Wish I had a subscription to Atlantic.

I would also like a subscription to NYRB and NYTRB, but mostly NYRB (New York Review of Books)

https://www.nybooks.com/

Isn't oil and electricity bought and sold like ev[…]

@Potemkin I heard this song in the Plaza Grande […]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

The "Russian empire" story line is inve[…]

I (still) have a dream

Even with those millions though. I will not be ab[…]