Russia-Ukraine War 2022 - Page 518 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Talk about what you've seen in the news today.

Moderator: PoFo Today's News Mods

Ukraine will get 150km range rockets for HIMMars and m777. South of Ukraine will definitely retaken by end of year then and even Crimea is not out of the question if they manage to destroy Crimean bridge. Donbass will be complicated though.
By Rancid
JohnRawls wrote:Ukraine will get 150km range rockets for HIMMars and m777. South of Ukraine will definitely retaken by end of year then and even Crimea is not out of the question if they manage to destroy Crimean bridge. Donbass will be complicated though.

What is the state of that bridge? Full repaired?
Rancid wrote:What is the state of that bridge? Full repaired?

Not really but it's functional along with the railway which is more important which means Russia has rail traffic to the south through Crimea. That can be cut in 2 places: Crimea bridge or Crimea crossing to the south one of which is already not working due to being in HIMMars range.
I want to return to the equating of Russia annexing Crimea and the Donbas with the Nazis final solution for the Jews. Because this is total vindication for an argument that I've been making for many, many years. No one cares about genocide. No one cares about genocide in the same way that no one cares if you rape torture and murder 10 children. If you murdered, raped and tortured 9 children, no one cares if you make it double figures. If you get caught the tenth child will make no difference to your sentence. in fact probably once you've reached 3 or 4, the extras probably don't matter.

Even the Nurembourg trials of German's top leadership, I would argue were not really effected by this proven, undisputable all out attempt at genocide. You couldn't be in Germany's top leadership and not be complicit in the extermination of the Jews. Yet I doubt the sentences handed out would have been very different if the final solution hadn't happened.

Its funny but there is this obsession with asking if ordinary Germans knew. And what in God's name they were meant to do if they did know. But no one ever seems to ask if ordinary Swiss knew, or if the Swiss government knew. Because of the Red Cross's access to both sides, Switzerland's extensive business cooperation with Nazi and far greater free speech, ordinary Swiss were probably in far better position to know what was going on in the Eastern territories. Knowledge of the final solution didn't stop Switzerland being a major arms supplier to Germany in the critical stage when the outcome hung or at least appeared to hang in the balance. But then of course knowledge of the Khmer Rouge's genocide didn't stop us backing them in the nineteen eighties.

The point at which something becomes genocide must be a certain extent arbitrary. But I would say genocide is very much like the murdering of children in double figures, if people have not turned totally against you by the time you've killed 9 they won't turn against you for 10, or 20 or probably 50. The greatest irony is that we have strategic nuclear weapons. The central purpose of these weapons is to to genocide. Some people say that these are not just genocidal weapons but humanicidal weapons. Whether true or not it is widely believed, if the cause is believed to be right people will justify just about anything.

So why the great difference in Switzerland's polices to the original Hitler compared to his reincarnation as Putin or Putler. Why was Switzerland happy to be an arsenal for original Hitler but not Hitler 2? Is Putin-Hitler worse that original Hitler. Are modern Swizz people just so much moral than the Swiss during world war II, or is perhaps that the Swiss feel they have little to gain from backing Putin and a lot less to lose from opposing him.
By Rancid
Rich wrote:equating

You get too lost in equating. REmember when you were equating Russian advances with WWII as though there was some sort of inevitability with Russia... because.. history?
By Beren
Rancid wrote:You get too lost in equating.

Equating apples and oranges. I wonder, though, if how such trains of thought appear in his mind. Does he just wake up from a weird dream and share it with us?
Wels wrote:^ Fame?
Maybe kill him so at least he can become a martyr for his fanboys.

Is this in reference to Boris Johnson or Ye?

And is it legal to suggest *killing someone* on this forum?

Is it legal to suggest *killing Russians* on this forum?

I know that I personally avoid any *calls to death* on this forum, out of respect for the diversity of opinion that it is trying to preserve.

Rich wrote:...No one cares about genocide. No one cares about genocide in the same way that no one cares if you rape torture and murder 10 children.

I would be more precise in saying that *no one cares about genocides that they've never heard of*.
And then I would mention the huge effort of controlling elites in blocking our knowledge of many, many things. Censorship, media ownership, etc. are all methods to block any knowledge that might lead to normal human empathy.
@QatzelOk
QatzelOk wrote:And is it legal to suggest *killing someone* on this forum?

I know that I personally avoid any *calls to death* on this forum, out of respect for the diversity of opinion that it is trying to preserve.

Openly supporting Putin’s invasion means blatantly calling for the murder of Ukraine’s civilians.

According to Nuremberg, aggression is the supreme international crime and the sum whole of all war crimes because the biggest crimes against humanity are perpetrated as a result.

You supporting Putin is a direct call for my murder, the murder of my family and my countrymen.

I’ll remember all the people who danced and cheered Putin on while I had to sleep in dingy, shabby and freezing underground parking lots for weeks on end with bombs exploding overhead; and I’ll remember all my friends who were maimed due to Putin’s invasion, beautiful girls left without arms and legs, anyone of which could’ve been my daughter.

And by the way, calling for the killing of Putin, or any invading Russian soldier, is equivalent to calling for the death of a rapist, or a would-be murderer who was caught in the act. It’s not murder, it’s self-defense. It’s justifiable homicide under practically all laws of all countries.

And one last thing, I can easily quote a few pro Putin posters here who explicitly gloated at the destruction of civilian infrastructure, and who also called for more blood and death among the civilian population.
Last edited by Szabo on 02 Feb 2023 13:26, edited 4 times in total.
By Skynet
It is necessary to send weapons to Ukraine... but there should also pressure to an peace agreement.

Ukraine will never ever get Crimea back... if so Russia will use nuclear weapons.
Sandzak wrote:It is necessary to send weapons to Ukraine... but there should also pressure to an peace agreement.

Ukraine will never ever get Crimea back... if so Russia will use nuclear weapons.

Ukraine may get it back. Russia is running out of equipment.
Beren wrote:Equating apples and oranges. I wonder, though, if how such trains of thought appear in his mind. Does he just wake up from a weird dream and share it with us?

As I said about @Rich many years ago on PoFo - @Rich long ago saw the truth, he saw through all the lies and self-delusions with which people comfort and justify themselves, but it drove him stark raving bonkers. :|
By litwin
I predict many more mysterious fires IN MUSCOVY from now on....

PS

Israel, hello :) How are you? Still reluctant to hand over some of the old long range missiles to Ukraine

putin imperial TV calls on Putin to arm Iran with nukes, to attack Israel I VIDEO

I haven't checked in for a while. Has Russia taken Kyiv? Surely by now 3 days has passed.
By Wels
QatzelOk wrote:Is this in reference to Boris Johnson or Ye?

Sorry I misread. I meant Putin, and that he might become a martyr for Russia if he was killed.
I am not sure if this would change things anyway since the next dictator in Russia will sure jump up to continue.
And is it legal to suggest *killing someone* on this forum?

No it is not ok to suggest killing anyone.
Indeed I like this post of yours.

How do you think about Hitler and would you say his assassination (if it had happened) would be justified?
Beren wrote:Because it's another Afghanistan basically, and we still have a cold war rather than a world war.

This war is going to end more-or-less the same way. Putin will be replaced by someone sooner or later and Russia's going to withdraw from Ukraine, then the regime collapses (and the issue will be perhaps if Russia stays together as it is).

with all respect i disagree , ussr was a world Marxist empire , Moscow empire is not even close.

we´d and can compere putin´s ulus with kabyla ( fake surname romanov) ulus.

so 1856 , 1905, 1917 are much closer

Godstud wrote:I haven't checked in for a while. Has Russia taken Kyiv? Surely by now 3 days has passed.

We are nearly at day 365 of a 3 day special operation.
Russia-Ukraine War 2022

Hamas are terrorist animals who started this and […]

It is possible but Zelensky refuses to talk... no[…]

Israel-Palestinian War 2023

@skinster Hamas committed a terrorist attack(s)[…]

"Ukraine’s real losses should be counted i[…]