DeSantis allegedly linked to Guantanamo Bay torture - Page 2 - Politics Forum.org | PoFo

Wandering the information superhighway, he came upon the last refuge of civilization, PoFo, the only forum on the internet ...

Political issues and parties in the USA and Canada.

Moderator: PoFo North America Mods

Forum rules: No one line posts please.
This pretty much tracks with everything I've been reading. DeSantis is, at the least, 200 years old and has been consuming child blood distilled in the Guantanamo adrenachrome labs. It totally tracks that he talks like an old English dandy because that's how he grew up. His parents probably put him in a pink frock, as was the style of the time to androgenize children because 1800's people were too woke, to signal to the vampires that he was ready to drink blood.

I fear what he and his puppet master Soros are getting up to. Nobody blows up like DeSantis unless those people I keep getting probated for talking about will it.
As a more conservative-leaning Libertarian, I personally believe some of the Islamic terrorists deserved a little bit of mild torture, however I think in many cases they went too far with that under the Bush Administration, and it started getting into worrying territory.

However, the majority of conservative Republican voters are not going to view this as a negative, and would either fully support it or not care. Sometimes conservatives can have the downside of being overly harsh and punitive.

I could see DeSantis doing this, and he would probably brag about it, wouldn't lose any support from his supporters over it, but whether it is true that he was actually there, there's not enough evidence for. It sounds like it could be an outrageous lie, and how would this Yemeni citizen even keep up with politics and a person like DeSantis in America?
If he is a radical muslim, of course he is going to like Biden, who practically turned over Afghanistan to the Taliban. Radical muslims liked (or at least hated less) Obama too, who Biden worked under. So there does exist motivation for someone like this to lie.
I suspect someone else may have realised DeSantis had been stationed at Guantanamo for a year and needed a witness to describe some juicy details, so got this former prisoner to make up the story, telling him that it would help their cause.
Heck, it wouldn't surprise if the story were true but the witness was lying about remembering DeSantis's face.
Puffer Fish wrote:
Radical muslims liked (or at least hated less) Obama too

And here's *why*:

Timber Sycamore was a classified weapons supply and training program run by the United States Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) and supported by some Arab intelligence services, including Saudi intelligence. Launched in 2012 or 2013, it supplied money, weaponry and training to Syrian opposition militias of the Free Syrian Army fighting Syrian President Bashar al-Assad in the Syrian civil war. According to US officials, the program was run by the CIA's Special Activities Division[6] and has trained thousands of rebels.[7] President Barack Obama secretly authorized the CIA to begin arming Syria's embattled rebels in 2013.[8] The program became public knowledge in mid-2016.

One consequence of the program has been a flood of US weapons including assault rifles, mortars and rocket-propelled grenades into the Middle East's black market. Critics saw it as ineffective and expensive, and raised concerns about diversion of weapons to jihadist groups and about Timber Sycamore-backed rebels fighting alongside the al-Nusra Front.[9]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timber_Sycamore
ckaihatsu wrote:
Why is the Guantánamo Bay prison still open?

In short, nobody wants them.

Republicans managed to combine a handful of screwups (Dick Cheney) to create a situation no one in their right mind would have created.

It's a long story, but getting rid of the ones we have cut loose has cost us plenty.
ckaihatsu wrote:
You're saying he got kicked-upstairs -- ?

It *worked out*, I guess, 'cause Halliburton made out *huge* in the war.

He volunteered to head the VP selection committee. And then, surprise, surprise, didn't find anyone, but volunteered to take the job, at great personal sacrifice.
late wrote:
He volunteered to head the VP selection committee. And then, surprise, surprise, didn't find anyone, but volunteered to take the job, at great personal sacrifice.

Really no one else there at the time *wanted* it -- ?

He was ascendant with the *neoconservatives* then, so it was fairly 'automatic', I'd imagine.

That administration began by walking right into the 2000 dotcom crash, and it only recovered through 9/11 imperialism.
ckaihatsu wrote:
Really no one else there at the time *wanted* it -- ?

He was ascendant with the *neoconservatives* then, so it was fairly 'automatic', I'd imagine.

That administration began by walking right into the 2000 dotcom crash, and it only recovered through 9/11 imperialism.

Cheney rejected everyone. He would have burned the country to the ground, if it got him what he wanted. The '9/11 imperialism' was PNAC.

No, I want you to be happy. I will be happy when[…]

https://twitter.com/ShadowofEzra/status/1781137192[…]

Russia-Ukraine War 2022

I love how everybody is rambling about printing m[…]

Desantis made it illegal for cities in Florida to […]